Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Quite a short post. It feels like they just repeated everything they've said so far...
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I love that dogs will take their bowl to sims, the cats hiding from dogs on fridges, cats refusing to use litter boxes and dogs chasing birds
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Oh that's super cute that they'll carry their bowl to you when hungry! Loving the addition of hidden traits as well.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2017
    Love the idea of a cat being terrified of the TV. The cats I grew up with were plenty quirky! And cat "gifts" lol. Don't get me started...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Can't wait to play :)

About cat-gifts :)

My parents visited a couple at their cottage. They had a really cute cat that went out to get the owner a breakfast-mouse every morning. When the owner opened the door to get the paper two dead mice were already there and the cat came in, took one look at my mom and dad and went out for two more mice.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    edited October 2017
    I so can't wait for this expansion! <3
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    It will definitely be fun to discover what hidden quirks each dog or cat has...I like the fact that it makes each of them unique.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    At this point I really feel like there's not much more regarding gameplay...
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    This means that the game play features only work with backyard stuff (birds), mice (two apartments with the TLC trait), and maybe outdoor retreat. Without these other packs, there are NO small animals that dogs or cats can interact with
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    This means that the game play features only work with backyard stuff (birds), mice (two apartments with the TLC trait), and maybe outdoor retreat. Without these other packs, there are NO small animals that dogs or cats can interact with

That may be true. I am hoping for new collection items to be added with C&D and those wouldn't need the other packs. I also think that dogs could dig up fossils or possibly capsules and cats could bring home fish and frogs. These are just my ideas and I have not seen any mention of these things. We still have a month to go and there is still a lot of information to come out.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

The new world may have plenty of birds.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Did I miss a post? When did they say that there are no other animals?
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

The new world may have plenty of birds.

It does, in the trailers you see birds on the beach and birds near where the huge statue is.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    It's a coastal world, so I'm sure there are plenty of seagulls and the like. I'm just glad bird poop doesn't exist in the Sims world lol. :D
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's a coastal world, so I'm sure there are plenty of seagulls and the like. I'm just glad bird poop doesn't exist in the Sims world lol. :D

If it does, take your Roomba to the beach.
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    The sand piper animations from the trailer were actually really cute. Curious to see the cat interactions
  • Niemalyn97Niemalyn97 Posts: 76 Member
    I'm super excited for this expansion pack. Haha. I'm hoping it won't be a disappointment and they oversold the features.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2017
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Quite a short post. It feels like they just repeated everything they've said so far...

I believe the purpose of the post is to show that pets will have uniqueness and some variety. Many simmers have expressed concern that they'll all behave the same.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I believe the purpose of the post is to show that pets will have uniqueness and some variety. Many simmers have expressed concern that they'll all behave the same.

Also, to point out that they have taken into account the fact that we can not "see" their needs. The pets, however, will let us know what they need in various and, hopefully, humorous ways.
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Has anyone noticed the link to the blog on the Sims website is not there? It's either not working or they've taken it down for some reason.
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the link to the blog on the Sims website is not there? It's either not working or they've taken it down for some reason.
    The post seemed to be gone for a bit, but it's up again https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/cats-dogs-personalities
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    If the personalities are as in depth as the Sims, it will be totally groundbreaking.

#MarketingBlabla
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I mean toddlers have great personalities. I wish other life stages would get an update, but toddlers were done great. I hope that pets will be as good when it comes to their characteristics
    I'm actually still speechless they literally said "We didn’t want players micro-managing their dogs and cats." Micro management is the foundation of The Sims.

And I feel really conflicted about this part
    "Beyond this, cats and dogs also have quirks. Perhaps your cat is fierce when it comes to something, but absolutely terrified of the TV? You’ll never 100% fully understand your cat and dog, which is why it’s worth investing a lifetime of love to discover everything."
    If I make a fierce cat then I don't want that cat to have quirks that go against the things I planned. Maybe once in a while it's fun, but what if I have a plan how I want to play a certain family?
    I'm actually still speechless they literally said "We didn’t want players micro-managing their dogs and cats." Micro management is the foundation of The Sims.

And I feel really conflicted about this part
    "Beyond this, cats and dogs also have quirks. Perhaps your cat is fierce when it comes to something, but absolutely terrified of the TV? You’ll never 100% fully understand your cat and dog, which is why it’s worth investing a lifetime of love to discover everything."
    If I make a fierce cat then I don't want that cat to have quirks that go against the things I planned. Maybe once in a while it's fun, but what if I have a plan how I want to play a certain family?

I don't think any of the hidden traits will turn your pet into a different pet than you created. Plus, babies are given random traits anyway, so you have no control over that, either.