Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Extra Life Stage In Bodyshop

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims 2
How did it get there and how does this mess up my custom content?

It's in my bodyshop when I pick someone's mesh to recolor. Even some Maxis hair meshes. (I read the notes and most I have say free to recolor). (Sometimes it's in) Male and female but it doesn't show up on all meshes, but quite a few. It's a life stage (hair) between adult and elder. I'm not sure but it might be the reason I have some Sims walking around with really messed up hair, lol, chopped up, missing parts etc. Is this a result of downloading hair both sexes can wear or a mesh I didn't realize had the extra life stage? I don't understand it. ETA: Note I have sorted my cc, and I did have some trouble with a few meshes by RoseSims, mesh 02 and 076. I had removed those but I'm still seeing this. I was surprised to see this in a Maxis Sims. When you choose create parts, create genetics/hair when I click on a something like hair sometimes there is the extra life stage of which one to recolor etc.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I've never seen that before. Can you post a screenshot?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2017
    No, sorry. It's the Sim's head when you load the project, it sets between the adult and elderly, like middle age? I loaded the balding hair of one Maxis Sim (project) to start to recolor that for one of my Sims and you know where it shows the faces of the Sims like toddler, child, teen, YA, adult...then another one that looks exactly like adult, then elder. I'm wondering if this 'extra' Sim head etc. is like from conversions or a mesh that has messed up everything because I'm still searching for a mesh I downloaded sometime last month that had males Sim around town with really messed up missing hair parts etc.

LOL if you want to know how I ran across it by accident the reason is I named one of my projects 'crazy' because I was tired of naming projects (had been recoloring some shirts) and when I loaded one of the balding Maxis Sims' hair to see the mesh there was this one and his hair was all twisted, missing parts, and looked like it had been turned upside down. (Age between adult and elder). I think it is the reason I see some male Sims with horrible hair lately in my game. I didn't do it, but it's in my game, lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Without seeing it, I don't know what to tell you besides to try repairing the client. Or renaming your Sims 2 folder and letting the game generate a new Sims 2 folder to test to see if some CC has given Body Shop issues and in game issues.

If you could get a picture, then I may be able to help more. Or someone else who knows Body Shop more may be able to shed light on what the problem is.
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Without seeing it, I don't know what to tell you besides to try repairing the client. Or renaming your Sims 2 folder and letting the game generate a new Sims 2 folder to test to see if some CC has given Body Shop issues and in game issues.

If you could get a picture, then I may be able to help more. Or someone else who knows Body Shop more may be able to shed light on what the problem is.

I reloaded some projects and now I can't find it or I would print screen. I forgot about print screen... :) Now, the wild and crazy hairstyles I saw Sims wearing are no longer in bodyshop or CAS. :/ Maybe I cleared everything out when I deleted thumbnails.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Seera1024 wrote: »

I reloaded some projects and now I can't find it or I would print screen. I forgot about print screen... :) Now, the wild and crazy hairstyles I saw Sims wearing are no longer in bodyshop or CAS. :/ Maybe I cleared everything out when I deleted thumbnails.

Here's to hoping it just stays away.
    Thank you, yes, me too. :)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Now that's interesting... For now, let's call it life stage x.
    Did they plan to add the middle age stage, but scrapped it and left the code in the game or is it caused by mods and cc?
    A quick search in the Google didn't help me at all, as I only found some weird pictures, links that doesn't talk about this life stage x at all and so many of my youtube videos. I even stubled upon an Urban Dictionary explaining what The Sims 2 is. Looks like it hasn't been updated as Pets expansion pack isn't released in this explanation. I'll leave a link here in case you are intrested. (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The%20Sims%202)
    Anyway, I opened my Bodyshop and saw nothing unusual. If you hover the cursor over it, what does it say?
    Middle age would have been great as parents are already elders in their child's teenhood...
    edited October 2017
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Now that's interesting... For now, let's call it life stage x.
    Did they plan to add the middle age stage, but scrapped it and left the code in the game or is it caused by mods and cc?
    A quick search in the Google didn't help me at all, as I only found some weird pictures, links that doesn't talk about this life stage x at all and so many of my youtube videos. I even stubled upon an Urban Dictionary explaining what The Sims 2 is. Looks like it hasn't been updated as Pets expansion pack isn't released in this explanation. I'll leave a link here in case you are intrested. (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The%20Sims%202)
    Anyway, I opened my Bodyshop and saw nothing unusual. If you hover the cursor over it, what does it say?
    Middle age would have been great as parents are already elders in their child's teenhood...

I only stumbled across it when I started a new project to recolor some male hairstyle. When I clicked 'load project' so you can pick which Sim's head/mesh/texture you want to change there he was between adult and elder. I was like whaaaaat? lol I'm pretty sure that project was not cc hair but a Maxis mesh. There was nothing about this 'sim' in the mesh files. Like how the meshers are named. PM for toddler, AF for adult female, etc. But when I clicked on his face his hair went all crazy and missing parts etc. I don't have any idea how or where this Sim extra life stage go into my files. I have since had to remove some of my projects, (failures on clothes, etc.) and cleaned my thumbnails. I can't remember which Maxis hair had this extra head in the line up.

EDIT: Adult Female intials were censored to plum? This site is so overly sensitive. I don't even know what bad word this would be if I just type the intials for adult female. Geez. (Eyeroll)
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    EDIT: Adult Female intials were censored to plum? This site is so overly sensitive. I don't even know what bad word this would be if I just type the intials for adult female. Geez. (Eyeroll)

OMG!!! :D:D:D I laughed so hard when I saw that, what in the world, it's not even a word!!!!

• Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »

OMG!!! :D:D:D I laughed so hard when I saw that, what in the world, it's not even a word!!!!

It's short for "As Fudge" if Fudge has a K at the end. ;)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    edited October 2017
    @Seera1024, I have an update about this subject. I just saw it yesterday again in bodyshop when I looked at somone's mesh (Load Project) to see how they cut a male hairstyle really, really short/close. If you download the hairstyle from MTS, (I will link in a few) you may see it, too.

The thing about this extra head in the line up of Sims to choose when working with meshes, is it is not listed in the mesh alphas or MAT textures like the teen, YA, adult, elder meshes, as if it doesn't exist but the head is in the group between the adult and the elder.

ETA: I'm not sure this mesh is the reason, but this is where I have found the extra life stage hiding this time. ETA: This mesh is not the one that caused the crazy missing parts on males and females, this one works very well, I was just loading to see if I could find where the extra head is hiding.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=472876