March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dev Question: How are worlds designed?

Hey @SimGuruGraham or any other devs that this question should be addressed to.
Most game assets can be accessed and modded and already have been by lots of talented creators (objects, clothes, UI, behaviors and code etc..).
How are worlds created that they are so inaccessible or they can't be cloned for example and reedited as new worlds?

Can you walk us through how worlds are designed/created and what tools the team uses? Asking from a game design perspective and out of curiosity as well. I would love to play around with the 3D assets and other components that would make up a world. And I would love for this to be answered for those very creative CC creators and other curious players who'd maybe want to tackle a project such as creating a custom world for the game.

Since this section of the forum was opened to give us a look into the design process, I hope worlds can be talked about more and we could get some useful information such as the info you've given us on object creation.
Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

Comments

• SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
    Hi @Eliharb, unfortunately this project wouldn't be a great place to discuss the inner workings of Sims 4 worlds. We don't add or edit worlds in Stuff Packs, so I'm not too familiar with the subject. If you're interested though, I'd suggest reaching out to SimGuruJM on twitter... he was the world producer on the upcoming world in Cats & Dogs, Brindleton Bay :)
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Thanks for replying, will do :) And good luck with Laundry day!
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I tweeted him but would prefer he read this rather than a tiny sentence on twitter since I can't direct message him. @SimGuruJM
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    ‘How are the worlds created’ in 140 characters, I hope the answer will pop up here in more words tbh ;) Curious as well.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MissEbzieMissEbzie Posts: 22 Member
    This is a great question. Hopefully SimGuruJM or any other producer can share their insight. Legally of course.