Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't wait to see what's in store for The Sims 4 in 2018

I know it's a little early to be thinking of next year but it will be here before we know it. This year has been an amazing year for TS4 with Toddlers,Vampires,A Family Gamepack and Dogs and Cats coming in November. I hope to see this trend continue in 2018.

What I'm hoping for next year is for cars to be added in an update like toddlers was,a new blank premade world,tropical vacations,amusement parks and a dating pack.

Comments

• AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited October 2017
    Honestly, anything that adds to the gameplay would be more than welcome for me.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm with you. 2017 is when I went back to The Sims 4 (partly because of toddlers, which I thought were a lost cause). It's improved a lot this year, so I can't wait to see what's in store.

And yeah, I'm also looking forward to tropical vacations (beaches FTW), amusement parks, cars, seasons (can't forget that), and fixes to some of the more outstanding bugs, such as item stacking in City Living festivals.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm with you. 2017 is when I went back to The Sims 4 (partly because of toddlers, which I thought were a lost cause). It's improved a lot this year, so I can't wait to see what's in store.

And yeah, I'm also looking forward to tropical vacations (beaches FTW), amusement parks, cars, seasons (can't forget that), and fixes to some of the more outstanding bugs, such as item stacking in City Living festivals.

Oh yes I forgot about Seasons.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Here are my guesses:
    • January: witches GP
    • February: laundry day SP
    • May: SP
    • June: Vacation GP
    • August: SP
    • November: Season EP
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Crossing fingers for a Dating GP (with flowers, attraction system, sweets and chocolates) and a Seasons EP (with lots of different climates, seasons in all the worlds and customization).

Then for 2019/2020, Vacation or Farming to get the most out of the new seasons, and School or Aspirations/Dreams to have some long-term goals.
  • TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I'm hoping we get a romantic/dating game pack maybe around Feb for valentines.
    A new holiday destination would also be ideal My sims are getting pretty bored of only going to granite falls every year!
    I can't wait for the laundry pack :)
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Honestly, anything that adds to the gameplay would be more than welcome for me.

I'm with ya. At this point I don't care what comes next just as long as they add something or more would be great.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • fruitsmisfruitsmis Posts: 82 Member
    With toddlers I came back to the sims 4 and this has been the longest I've played since the game first came out. Then with pets releasing in a couple of weeks I've been super excited and keep imagining adding pets to my families! Now I'm excited, and hopeful, for 2018!! :)

I'm hoping they bring more gameplay as well and I really REALLY want seasons so its not always summer...
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2017
    I never played so much time TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited October 2017
    Meh I'm kinda in a slump now. I think I last loaded this game in August. Might just watch from afar for a while

So I'm not really all that excited for 2018. This game has disappointed me too many times. Someone wake me up when Seasons gets here, please
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Ok in 2018 my hope is for cars, burglars, firemen,
    Pre-teens, A School Day Game Pack, A Sports Day Stuff Pack, A Beach Day Game Pack, A Generation Game Pack, Wedding Day Stuff, More Supernatural except Zombies. Vacation Setting because we haven't any vacation lot except the camping one and that was over 2 years ago it's pass due time for a new one. More festivals hopefully in seasons. What I'm looking forward to is the laundry stuff.
  • danishmuffindanishmuffin Posts: 82 Member
    I'm desperately hoping for witches!

It's going to be a good year, especially since we'll have pets by then!
  • umbralshadowsumbralshadows Posts: 212 Member
    may be some circus themed pack or university but my guess is seasons wich i like that to i guess what ever comes im excited for i love tha sims 4 so far an it keeps gettin better all tha time
    umbralsimoirsig.png
    lookin for lets players an reviewers for tha short/demo version a my game
    download here
  • MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    I'm hoping for seasons ep, cars update, romance gp, tweens gp,or witches gp, and for stuff packs, maybe 90s stuff or something alternative(gothic, rock, pastel goth...I can always hope:D)
  • Lucy1213Lucy1213 Posts: 28 Member
    [quote="LenaDieters11;c-16091950"]Here are my guesses:
    [list]
    [*] January: witches GP
    [*] February: laundry day SP
    [*] May: SP
    [*] June: Vacation GP
    [*] August: SP
    [*] November: Season EP
    [/list
    A vacation pack as a GP it will never work hotels villas and probably swimming in the sea will need to be included let alone all the other stuff.Its not gonna happen.....
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I think they'll really double down on giving players the packs they want! Now that Lyndsay is leading The Sims, I really think she will put out the packs we expect. This year was great for TS4 players, and for EA. I think they want the momentum to continue. I also think next year we will see 2 expansions. It already happened in 2015!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Don't dream a lot. It's almost sure we won't get 2 EP's.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    As long as I get seasons/weather and witches, I'm happy. :) And I have a feeling those two are coming next, since many people have been requesting them.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    January: Laundry Day SP
    February: Werewolves GP
    March: SP
    April: Break Month - some free stuff
    May: SP
    June: Holiday GP
    July: SP
    August: SP
    September: GP
    October: Break Month
    November: Seasons EP
    December Break Month - Free Month
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Hopefully body hair. That's all I wish for.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    OH RIGHT. I miss body hair too. I feel like if we get a werewolf GP, body hair will be patched in
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I try not to get too hyped.
    What I want:
    Witches
    Werewolves
    Weather (So it rains in the world occasionally, also fog every now and then)
    A beard that allows me to create my Father or Albus Dumbledore or Gandalf

What I think we will get:
    Laundry SP
    Multiple SPs
    A GP that adds a new vacation world. Might be something tropical or a place where it is snowing nonstop.
    Another GP that adds small pets like Rabbits or Hamsters, maybe Birds.
    An EP such as University Life or something.

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    January: Laundry Day SP
    February: Werewolves GP
    March: SP
    April: Break Month - some free stuff
    May: SP
    June: Holiday GP
    July: SP
    August: SP
    September: GP
    October: Break Month
    November: Seasons EP
    December Break Month - Free Month

I don't think they can manage more than 4 SP's a year, pretty sure I read that from Graham somewhere. Also 3 GP's in one year?? Thats crazy talk! :lol:
  • Vee_SamVee_Sam Posts: 54 Member
    [quote="ItsJanier;c-16094383"]Hopefully body hair. That's all I wish for.[/quote]

I hope so too. But I think if they EVER make a werewolf pack they might add body hair with it because they added teeth with vampires.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Vee_Sam wrote: »
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    Hopefully body hair. That's all I wish for.

I hope so too. But I think if they EVER make a werewolf pack they might add body hair with it because they added teeth with vampires.

Yes, depending on how they do Werewolves.
    I hope they do them like the Statues in the Vampire Pack and not like in Sims 3. I don't like the Teen-Wolf-Look.