Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Check out these cool doors we get for our pets :D

Comments

• NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    This is really great because you can create an actual super cool dog house. Create a smaller room separate from your house and put the dog door, that new roofy decoration over it, and put toys, food and a pet bed inside, and now you have a deluxe dog house. I personally prefer having this actual dog house you can see inside than a small one with a black hole on the front where you can't see anything that goes on inside. It's also a perfect and private place for your dogs to try for baby on.

Some of my lots aren't big enough for a "super cool dog house". I don't want the doghouse to look like a guest house.

Your lots would need a garden big enough for a 3x3 or so dog house, and you can make one with this size in the new system. Yeah, it might look like a guest house, but it doesn't mean it's not an upgrade.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    This is really great because you can create an actual super cool dog house. Create a smaller room separate from your house and put the dog door, that new roofy decoration over it, and put toys, food and a pet bed inside, and now you have a deluxe dog house. I personally prefer having this actual dog house you can see inside than a small one with a black hole on the front where you can't see anything that goes on inside. It's also a perfect and private place for your dogs to try for baby on.

Some of my lots aren't big enough for a "super cool dog house". I don't want the doghouse to look like a guest house.

Your lots would need a garden big enough for a 3x3 or so dog house, and you can make one with this size in the new system. Yeah, it might look like a guest house, but it doesn't mean it's not an upgrade.

What new system? You're talking about a guesthouse, period. Not a doghouse. Doggie doors are an upgrade, sure. But we've seen nothing else.
    The only way buildable dog houses would make sense is if they patch the ability to have different foundations on the same lot and being able to put roofs on half walls. Thatd be getting warmer... Just the thought of what youre describing sounds incredibly ugly, I'm picturing the birds eye view of the lot and yuck. (Like when you place all the oversized objects outside because the house was full and your backyard was a mess, ugly)
    This is just to keep us (me) from crying about no dog houses.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Yeah, those doors are adorable. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • alimafionalimafion Posts: 81 Member
    Does this mean that pets won’t be able to go through normal doors and that we’ll have to place a pet door in every room that we want pets to have access to?
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    alimafion wrote: »
    Does this mean that pets won’t be able to go through normal doors and that we’ll have to place a pet door in every room that we want pets to have access to?

I hope not! If that did end up being the case, I'm sure someone would make a mod that allowed them to use sim doors.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited October 2017

I don't think that's the case. In the leaked video about the vet career the dogs walked through the normal size doors.
  • alimafionalimafion Posts: 81 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

I don't think that's the case. In the leaked video about the vet career the dogs walked through the normal size doors.

Phew! I was thinking I was going to have to do a fair bit or building editing there :smiley:
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I hope that we will be able to lock those doors against foxes and raccoons if we wish too otherwise they might become a bit of a pest.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I hope that we will be able to lock those doors against foxes and raccoons if we wish too otherwise they might become a bit of a pest.

Do you mean strays in general? Because foxes and raccoons are just cats & dogs with different faces and voices.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »

Do you mean strays in general? Because foxes and raccoons are just cats & dogs with different faces and voices.

I hope that other animals can be kept out in the same way Sims are kept from entering house doors by giving us a choice as to what can come in. I hope foxes and raccoons are not exactly like cats and dogs but keep their individuality and wildness otherwise it will be a waste of time to include them.
  • twilight_aerithtwilight_aerith Posts: 653 Member
    I'm thinking the new rugs will keep out either dogs or cats. Maybe there's one for strays too? You can see the rug in the video when the cat and raccoon enter the house.
    Origin ID: Samerella
    edited October 2017
    Rae357 wrote: »

I hope that other animals can be kept out in the same way Sims are kept from entering house doors by giving us a choice as to what can come in. I hope foxes and raccoons are not exactly like cats and dogs but keep their individuality and wildness otherwise it will be a waste of time to include them.

They said on the live stream the only difference between foxes/raccoons and dogs/cats were their voice and head-shape. They re just cats & dogs that look and sound different. The traits are what make them act the way they do and neither raccoons nor foxes have traits unique from regular cats and dogs.
    I would say I'm sure pet doors can be locked, but with other things in this pack being so odd, who knows?
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I really like the doors, think I will have a lot of fun with them :)
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I wonder if kids and toddlers will be able to crawl through those doors?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I LOVE THE IDEA OF BUILDING MY OWN DOG HOUSE TBH!!
  • ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    Hoping there would be a fusion of a normal door and a pets door. Would add like a "gardeny" or family like vibe???
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

You might be able to build something that looks like a doghouse, but that doesn't mean the dog will go into it.
    Hoping there would be a fusion of a normal door and a pets door. Would add like a "gardeny" or family like vibe???

Imagine if they had put this pet door on a man door. When you went to walk your dog, the man door would open and the pet door would open at the same time but the man door is open so the pet door doesn't lead outside, but back inside because the man door is open too. It's better, animation-wise, if they are separate.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2017

A Dogshed/Room? Yes. A doghouse? No.
  • ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    maybe for scenery?
  • gracethesmurf1gracethesmurf1 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @AndreaTheHero said:
    > YAY! That's great news. Every little breadcrumb of info is killing me. I need these last few weeks to fly by

I'm exactly the same!! Only 20 days left, so close but so so far away. Ugh the suspense is killing me!!! This pack is going to be so awesome though :smiley:
    rudy8292 wrote: »

A dogshed is exactly like a dog house...... and a room can't be distinguished at all... but if you refer to it that way, that's fine but to me it's a dog house as far as the information we have atm.

You might be able to build something that looks like a doghouse, but that doesn't mean the dog will go into it.

You played the game already?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Have you?

Have you?
    rudy8292 wrote: »

A dogshed is exactly like a dog house...... and a room can't be distinguished at all... but if you refer to it that way, that's fine but to me it's a dog house as far as the information we have atm.

A doghouse is not the same height as a regular house. A doghouse in the game would be a small object, we are not going to have doghouses. We could use the room tools and fences to build a kennel, but then you could not use a foundation on your house. And a kennel is still not a doghouse.