Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New patch on Thursday?

2...Next

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Aww, we barely had any fixes.

But hey, at least we get new holiday items.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

For India. I do like those wall lights and is that fountain new?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sometimes, it pains me to be right all the time.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Oh well, I guess this patch is small due to the next one being a pre-expansion one. Those updates are huge.
  • strawberrymarkstrawberrymark Posts: 199 Member

loving the free stuff
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2017
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

For India. I do like those wall lights and is that fountain new?

It's not a one-country holiday. It's celebrated where I live too, just not with time off work for everyone - in my old neighbourhood, where there was a Hindu temple, we used to sit on the porch with our neighbours and watch the local celebrations :) And a lot of what's in the pack is clothes and hair that can be used any day. They aren't holiday-specific.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Where I live, it's a huge thing - all the lights go up on the Golden Mile and they stay up until after Christmas. It's a celebration for a whole religion, not just a country.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Theres no proof of this .I know it didnt come from a guru nice try though
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    Theres no proof of this .I know it didnt come from a guru nice try though

You mean the OP? This is the Speculation forum area for a reason - it's speculation. The patch, however, is out today, not Thursday.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Sometimes, it pains me to be right all the time.

Bahaha!

But the really sad thing to me is not that I was wrong (I'm used to it) but that there weren't even any good bug fixes!
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Have we gotten anything we actually needed the past few patches? From what I recall, they’ve fixed some obscure things I don’t think anyone even asked for and added some low quality furniture.

These patches are weak sauce. Not even worth the anticipation given.

well it appears the glitch with pools was fixed. for me that was big. i really need all this weird clothing at festivals to be fixed

The pool freezing occurs a little bit less often now, but it's not fixed.

good to know! i haven't seen it since before previous patch so i assumed it was fixed.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I need to prepare myself to be disappointed all over again now.

However, those wall lights will be really useful no matter what your winter holiday is.

Also, never forget how much you like free stuff.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ValxoValxo Posts: 56 Member
    What do you think the chances are of us getting the pre-EP patch in the same week as this smaller patch?
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Valxo wrote: »
    What do you think the chances are of us getting the pre-EP patch in the same week as this smaller patch?

I'd say it's not that likely, but they have surprised us completely out of the blue before. If they want to make sure that no one sees it coming, realeasing a patch earlier in the same week would be smart.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    LesboKnope wrote: »

I'd say it's not that likely, but they have surprised us completely out of the blue before. If they want to make sure that no one sees it coming, realeasing a patch earlier in the same week would be smart.

I think it's more realistic that the pre-patch will drop the day before C&D is released.
  • ValxoValxo Posts: 56 Member
    > @keylimepiesims said:
    > LesboKnope wrote: »
    >
    > Valxo wrote: »
    >
    > What do you think the chances are of us getting the pre-EP patch in the same week as this smaller patch?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'd say it's not that likely, but they have surprised us completely out of the blue before. If they want to make sure that no one sees it coming, realeasing a patch earlier in the same week would be smart.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think it's more realistic that the pre-patch will drop the day before C&D is released.

Yes, but there is also the argument that if the pre-patch includes new, big features, it needs to be released before they stream game-play so that they do not spoil anything.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    > @keylimepiesims said:
    > LesboKnope wrote: »
    >
    > Valxo wrote: »
    >
    > What do you think the chances are of us getting the pre-EP patch in the same week as this smaller patch?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'd say it's not that likely, but they have surprised us completely out of the blue before. If they want to make sure that no one sees it coming, realeasing a patch earlier in the same week would be smart.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think it's more realistic that the pre-patch will drop the day before C&D is released.

Yes, but there is also the argument that if the pre-patch includes new, big features, it needs to be released before they stream game-play so that they do not spoil anything.

Unless they use a specific dev build that doesn't include any of the patch content, like the build (I assume) they used for SimsCamp.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    We can only hope. Is it too soon for the pre-pack patch though? I'm getting desperate for these new roofs!

We haven't had an October patch though.
    I don't want to hype up anything that might not exist, but if there's something big, game changing in the pre-EP patch, but they don't want to spoil it in the live streams, they might just release it before.

Ah, did you miss the one we got on 17 October?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    We can only hope. Is it too soon for the pre-pack patch though? I'm getting desperate for these new roofs!

We haven't had an October patch though.
    I don't want to hype up anything that might not exist, but if there's something big, game changing in the pre-EP patch, but they don't want to spoil it in the live streams, they might just release it before.

Ah, did you miss the one we got on 17 October?

That was written before 17 October, when we hadn't had an October patch yet