Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need some positives

jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
edited October 2017 in Off Topic Chat
I have gotten all kinds of bad news this week so i need positives. Please tell me a positive thing about all the sims games from the original sims to the sims 4. You can do all of them or just one game. Please only positives as i have had enough negatives for awhile. Please just encourage another simmer who is going through a hard time right now.

Comments

• DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Cats and Dogs comes out in less than a month. In less than 2 weeks we get a gameplay livestream of Cats and Dogs. Have you seen the toddler interaction pictures with the pets? So cute!
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    Cats and Dogs comes out in less than a month. In less than 2 weeks we get a gameplay livestream of Cats and Dogs. Have you seen the toddler interaction pictures with the pets? So cute!
    I have not seen that i will go have a look
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Sorry that you are going through a tough time right now. I hope that things get better for you.

Saw a tweet today that might make you chuckle. Chrill is contemplating on making mystery video on woohoo.

https://twitter.com/Chrillsims/status/919336677218439168

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • harun789harun789 Posts: 240 Member
    laundry day stuff will most likely come out in the first quarter of 2018, so that should be fun, more stuff to do at home and more build and buy mode stuff is always pleasant to have. so please try to enjoy your day and i hope you make it through this ordeal...
    latest?cb=20160515183412
    Sorry that you are going through a tough time right now. I hope that things get better for you.

Saw a tweet today that might make you chuckle. Chrill is contemplating on making mystery video on woohoo.

https://twitter.com/Chrillsims/status/919336677218439168

That was interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    harun789 wrote: »
    laundry day stuff will most likely come out in the first quarter of 2018, so that should be fun, more stuff to do at home and more build and buy mode stuff is always pleasant to have. so please try to enjoy your day and i hope you make it through this ordeal...

Funny today is my laundry day. Not that i have a specific day but the hamper is overflowing and i am out of socks.
    Aw I'm sorry you're feeling negative at the moment. Sending you a big hug <3 Well Xats and Dogs comes out very soon so maybe these pics will cheer you up...

24b6wid.png

5u4r2r.jpg

Those are really cute thanks for sharing them.
    edited October 2017
    The reasons i am feeling less positive is that there are health issues for my husband. Brain cancer. And myself. Ovarian cancer that really can get me down. Sometimes it is very negative on the forums and i was looking for positives about the games and not getting too many responses. I know there are positives about all the games, none are so bad there is nothing good to say but seems when you put a thread looking for positives you get a few lovely people and the rest want drama? Or am i wrong about this? I sure hope so. The world is not all kitties and bunnies but life is too short for us to dwell on the bad parts of video games and tell some good parts of it. Thank you all who have responded. You are truly the optimists of the world. You would help a fellow human to feel better.
    No more positives on the games?
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »

I'm positive about the game but don't want to repeat what's already been said, I too am excited for cats & dogs and think all the screenshots are super cute :) I think it's just kind of hard to pinpoint exactly what I like sometimes, just that I do like it and clearly a lot of other people do since they're still playing it!

Also, I'm really sorry about the situation you and your husband are in. *big hugs* and wishing you both all the best <3
    edited October 2017
    samemie wrote: »

I'm positive about the game but don't want to repeat what's already been said, I too am excited for cats & dogs and think all the screenshots are super cute :) I think it's just kind of hard to pinpoint exactly what I like sometimes, just that I do like it and clearly a lot of other people do since they're still playing it!

Also, I'm really sorry about the situation you and your husband are in. *big hugs* and wishing you both all the best <3

Thank you. What i find positive in sims original is it has the humor i associate with the sims franchise. Unfortunately since changing to windows 10 i cant pkay it. The sims 2 has everything that i am looking for in a game and plays well on my computer. The sims 3 even though it frustrated me with is inability to pkay well on a good gaming system it has some really beautiful worlds. Sims 4 has ease of game pkay and i live the art style.
    In sims 4 build mode and CAS have UI that is more intuitive and easier to use than previous games, making it more accessible to more players (and CAP looks like it's going to follow that and be even better), the environment and scenery in TS4 is freaking beautiful as well. With the emotions, the sims are more complex than ever before too. The game as a whole isn't too taxing on people's computers so again, it's more accessible to more people. This year (IMO) has been an amazing year for TS4 content - we got toddlers, we got more family play, we're getting pets, and while supernatural sims aren't up my street, for those who do enjoy that, they got vampires. There's some really talented storytellers as well out there who use sims as a visual aid and as I already said, TS4 has some amazing graphics which can really help bring people's stories to life.

And more stuff too :tongue: Honestly I think human's generally are more likely to speak up about something that makes them angry or upset than they are about positive stuff that makes them happy which is why you hear more of it, but it doesn't necessarily mean there is more of it or that everyone feels negatively about TS4 or sims in general. Anyway... sorry for that ramble but those are some things I like about TS4 specifically :)

Thank you. What i find positive in sims original is it has the humor i associate with the sims franchise. Unfortunately since changing to windows 10 i cant pkay it. The sims 2 has everything that i am looking for in a game and plays well on my computer. The sims 3 even though it frustrated me with is inability to pkay well on a good gaming system it has some really beautiful worlds. Sims 4 has ease of game pkay and i live the art style.

I never played the first one so can't speak for that, but you're right, they all have their own strengths. TS3 as you said does have a beautiful open world and in my opinion is the one with the most to do to date. I haven't played TS2 in quite a while, but I always loved that too and as it's the first game in the franchise I played, it always has a special place in my heart.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I love how pretty TS4 is! I enjoy sending my fishersims to Oasis Springs park to fish in the very back pool - it's very relaxing watching the sun sparkle on the water :)

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time of it at the moment and send you and your husband my best wishes <3
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    You can zoom in real close and watch them think about muffins. Dream about muffins. In their little beds protected by the muffin guardians. o:)
  • harun789harun789 Posts: 240 Member
    The reasons i am feeling less positive is that there are health issues for my husband. Brain cancer. And myself. Ovarian cancer that really can get me down. Sometimes it is very negative on the forums and i was looking for positives about the games and not getting too many responses. I know there are positives about all the games, none are so bad there is nothing good to say but seems when you put a thread looking for positives you get a few lovely people and the rest want drama? Or am i wrong about this? I sure hope so. The world is not all kitties and bunnies but life is too short for us to dwell on the bad parts of video games and tell some good parts of it. Thank you all who have responded. You are truly the optimists of the world. You would help a fellow human to feel better.

im sorry for what you are going through but please dont give up.
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I went round Winderberg and took pictures of the beautiful views and now have saved them as backgrounds, changing every day, for Windows 10. It is a good way of using the game in a different way.

Best wishes to you both. <3
    In sims 4 build mode and CAS have UI that is more intuitive and easier to use than previous games, making it more accessible to more players (and CAP looks like it's going to follow that and be even better), the environment and scenery in TS4 is freaking beautiful as well. With the emotions, the sims are more complex than ever before too. The game as a whole isn't too taxing on people's computers so again, it's more accessible to more people. This year (IMO) has been an amazing year for TS4 content - we got toddlers, we got more family play, we're getting pets, and while supernatural sims aren't up my street, for those who do enjoy that, they got vampires. There's some really talented storytellers as well out there who use sims as a visual aid and as I already said, TS4 has some amazing graphics which can really help bring people's stories to life.

And more stuff too :tongue: Honestly I think human's generally are more likely to speak up about something that makes them angry or upset than they are about positive stuff that makes them happy which is why you hear more of it, but it doesn't necessarily mean there is more of it or that everyone feels negatively about TS4 or sims in general. Anyway... sorry for that ramble but those are some things I like about TS4 specifically :)

That is a good point that people will complain more. Thats why all these positives about all the games ate just what i need. Thanks for sharing.

I never played the first one so can't speak for that, but you're right, they all have their own strengths. TS3 as you said does have a beautiful open world and in my opinion is the one with the most to do to date. I haven't played TS2 in quite a while, but I always loved that too and as it's the first game in the franchise I played, it always has a special place in my heart.

I too have a special place for sims 2 as i started really playing. It then as grandson did not want the game anymore and i had played the sims original with son way back when. I thought i would give it a try and the rest is history. They grew put of it i grew into it lol

I love how pretty TS4 is! I enjoy sending my fishersims to Oasis Springs park to fish in the very back pool - it's very relaxing watching the sun sparkle on the water :)

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time of it at the moment and send you and your husband my best wishes <3

Thank you. I also like the way some of the things look in sims 4.
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    You can zoom in real close and watch them think about muffins. Dream about muffins. In their little beds protected by the muffin guardians. o:)

Muffins! I love muffins. Especially chocolate chip.
    harun789 wrote: »

im sorry for what you are going through but please dont give up.

I will never give up. I am not like that but i sure wish the universe would get done testing my husband and i.
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I went round Winderberg and took pictures of the beautiful views and now have saved them as backgrounds, changing every day, for Windows 10. It is a good way of using the game in a different way.

Best wishes to you both. <3

Never thought to do this how clever and creative. Are you going to do the other towns also? You could continue on and on.