Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me pick a wedding dress for my sim

Comments

• fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    You have lots of nice dresses!! :o I love 3&4.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Thank you all for your replies, it's still a tough choise for me :lol:
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Avatarit One of the reasons I like number 11 so much is that I like to incorporate my sims' favourite colours into their clothes, even on their wedding day. If you add a pattern (not a solid colour, although that might look okay) it personalizes the dress beautifully :)
    32752991443_bbfe4313e0_o.jpg
    I'm actually pretty conservative myself as far as styling, so it manifests in my simmies too, some of the dresses above are with small silver/gold ornaments and that is as far as I can go :wink:
    fmil wrote: »
    You have lots of nice dresses!! :o I love 3&4.

Thank you! some of them were not originally for wedding, I just changed the color to white and discovered that it looks decent enough for a bride. :smile:
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    10 is <3

13 is so...2009. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Symb10sisSymb10sis Posts: 93 Member
    Out of those, mine would be:

That "Egyptian Bride" dress (#6) is one of my favorite all-time dresses, but it only works on some sims. I also think it looks better in darker color schemes (i.e. not for wedding use).

If you have it (or even if you don't, I suppose), the "Gorgeously Gathered Dress" from the store is amazing as well. It would take some re-CaSTing (the way it CaST's is part of what makes it special), but I think it could make a beautiful wedding dress for your sim.

Good luck deciding!
  • Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    either 3 or 8 !!! so beautiful !
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited October 2017
    Thank you! some of them were not originally for wedding, I just changed the color to white and discovered that it looks decent enough for a bride. :smile:

I used to do that too, before I got actual wedding dresses. I still do sometimes. I've used that one from Monte Vista that Craven Letat mentioned as a wedding dress a few times, also that last one on your list, and of course some of the ones that were actually meant to be wedding dresses.

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2017
    You will treat us with the final choice and post her wedding pic won’t you? I’d love to see what she’ll look like on the ‘happiest day of her life’.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I like 2, 4 and 11 the best but they are all nice.
    edited October 2017
    Symb10sis wrote: »
    Out of those, mine would be:

That "Egyptian Bride" dress (#6) is one of my favorite all-time dresses, but it only works on some sims. I also think it looks better in darker color schemes (i.e. not for wedding use).

If you have it (or even if you don't, I suppose), the "Gorgeously Gathered Dress" from the store is amazing as well. It would take some re-CaSTing (the way it CaST's is part of what makes it special), but I think it could make a beautiful wedding dress for your sim.

Good luck deciding!

I agree the "Egyptian Bride" also looks amazing in other colors (her original color i think is grey).
    Regarding the "Gorgeously Gathered Dress", I could not remember by name but after googling it - that is dress #1 in my list :smile: I'm actually surprized it's not mentioned in this thread (or I missed). maybe there something about the first choise that always goes unnoticed, maybe I should have picked something that I'm not sure about in the first picture :lol:
    Thank you!

and thank you all for your comments again :smile:
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    You will treat us with the final choice and post her wedding pic won’t you? I’d love to see what she’ll look like on the ‘happiest day of her life’.

I definitly intend to do so, I want to summarize your replies anyway, and hopefully I will get to the gameplay of the wedding itself this weekend :blush:
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    ...- that is dress #1 in my list :smile: I'm actually surprized it's not mentioned in this thread (or I missed). maybe there something about the first choise that always goes unnoticed, maybe I should have picked something that I'm not sure about in the first picture :lol:
    I noticed it. I thought the front look good but the folds of the fabric on the top in the back looked weird.
  • BishybriBishybri Posts: 35 Member
    I love 5, 4 , and 6. Do you have a wedding theme.
    Bishybri wrote: »
    I love 5, 4 , and 6. Do you have a wedding theme.

Wedding theme? no I don't think so. maybe Love ? :wink:
  • GaiaWainwrongGaiaWainwrong Posts: 36 Member
    > @Avatarit said:
    > Mary is getting married and I couldn't decide which dress suits her best.
    > imgur . com/a/6uWj8#xKBCvUT
    > (I gave a number to every dress)
    > I have a few favourites, but I would love to hear more opinions.
    > Which are the top three?
    > By the way I have a few more weddings in my game coming up, so I'll take under consideration this vote for my next simmies too :smile:
    >
    > Note: the pictures is just the dress, the hairstyle/make up/ jewelry I'll pick for her later. If there are any recommendations for nice- elegant jewelry (could be from EP/Store/CC) that will great also :smile:

Go for the eighth one!
  • abbybakaabbybaka Posts: 9 New Member
    I think 2 and 6 are the best!
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I like 9 the best.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    10!!!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    4 for sure. I like simple and elegant.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    #4 is just perfect...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    (psst, is she married yet :blush: ?)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Lol @JoAnne65 :D
    NymlADp.jpg
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    (psst, is she married yet :blush: ?)

Not yet, I'm sorry to keep you up!!!! I'm available for normal gameplay only on weekends but I havn't managed to that on the last one :disappointed:
    I did summarize the results so far and will publish them soon.
    Don't worry, once she is married I'll post her pics, I won't spare them :wink:
    Thanks all for the patience!
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @Avatarit While you've used umpteen of my favourite dresses, 2 and 12 are my favourites for your Sim :)

@Mikezumi those colours in the dress you posted are beautiful! I can't get the ornaments to be more than one colour, so I'm guessing it's a mod that allows you to do that (or a CC version of the dress)?
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2017
    @lauravonawesome Thank you :) No CC involved. I just added a floral pattern to the lace section of the wedding dress and it came out that way. The sim's favourite colour was orange so I used a floral pattern that had a lot of orange in it.
  • Symb10sisSymb10sis Posts: 93 Member
    It was hiding in plain sight! I can't believe that I recommended not just any store dress, and not just any dress on your list, but *Number 1* on your list, lol. And I didn't even choose it in MY list...

I don't know if you're still asking, but after looking again, I'd actually change my order to:
    3. Probably #4 now, or possibly still #5, but I actually like the other two much better, so this one's kinda moot really.

The GGD (aka #1) looks nice as well, but it wasn't quite what I had pictured in my head when I posted. Sorry. I always go kinda CaST-Crazy on everything though (I think I'd lose my mind trying to make and choose a white dress, lol), so maybe that's why I didn't recognize it.

Of course, I could probably look at your list a million times and argue with myself about it forever (I'm surprised my list is pretty much the same), which I'm guessing may be what you were doing and what prompted you to start this thread. :)

Hope you can make a decision!
    Symb10sis wrote: »
    It was hiding in plain sight! I can't believe that I recommended not just any store dress, and not just any dress on your list, but *Number 1* on your list, lol. And I didn't even choose it in MY list...

I don't know if you're still asking, but after looking again, I'd actually change my order to:
    3. Probably #4 now, or possibly still #5, but I actually like the other two much better, so this one's kinda moot really.

The GGD (aka #1) looks nice as well, but it wasn't quite what I had pictured in my head when I posted. Sorry. I always go kinda CaST-Crazy on everything though (I think I'd lose my mind trying to make and choose a white dress, lol), so maybe that's why I didn't recognize it.

Of course, I could probably look at your list a million times and argue with myself about it forever (I'm surprised my list is pretty much the same), which I'm guessing may be what you were doing and what prompted you to start this thread. :)

Hope you can make a decision!

:smile:
    I'll note your new options once i'll post the summary.
    I still don't have a final conclusion myself... But there are about three from the list that are the main options for me.