Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE Help with creating a new (fanon) Sims country!

NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
edited October 2017 in Off Topic Chat
(Poll Link: http://www.strawpoll.me/14155530)

HI all,

I've been wanting to do this for a while, but have been struggling with where to get started. Should there be a national language? What will the city/map look like? Who inhabits it? What is the economy like? And other overwhelming questions. So, I paced myself a bit, and after some thinking, came up with a few SIMified city names, province names and a country name (Simada). Yes, It's a sim version of Canada, but I thought it sounded cute, while still fitting! Some things were a bit confusing because I still want it to fit nicely in the Sims lore. In recent games, cities don't necessarily follow the idea of having to include the word 'Sim', as is the opposite in TS3's first EP (where the travellable locations were SIMified versions) but also kept the country name.

I made a poll to help me with a province, city and country name. If any of you could help me with any other ideas for naming (and even include other names) that would be super awesome! Thanks for helping me out. :)

*EDIT: I completely forgot to add the actual poll link. It is HERE!
Post edited by Noogster on

Comments

• NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    Bump - Help or feedback of any kind is greatly encouraged and appreciated! :)
  • simmerbrentleysimmerbrentley Posts: 203 Member
    I love the idea of mixing "Sim" within the same of the country; however, I think mixing the word within the city as well Is a bit overkill as most city/neighborhood names in the Sims games are just regular names. I voted twice on accident btw. The first time I voted it completely ignored my count. Newsimland would be cute. I totally get where this country would be geographically.
  • NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    I love the idea of mixing "Sim" within the same of the country; however, I think mixing the word within the city as well Is a bit overkill as most city/neighborhood names in the Sims games are just regular names. I voted twice on accident btw. The first time I voted it completely ignored my count. Newsimland would be cute. I totally get where this country would be geographically.

Thanks for the advice! :) Yeah! I think it's a bit overkill now that you mention it. One of the reasons why I was so confused was because of the series' different ways of naming. For example, the series is set in the United States of SimNation. However, Sims 3 WA introduced France, Egypt, and China. I'm confused only because some countries kept real names while the fictional country of the Sims did not (at least, not entirely).

Thank you for voting!
  • simmerbrentleysimmerbrentley Posts: 203 Member
    Noogster wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice! :) Yeah! I think it's a bit overkill now that you mention it. One of the reasons why I was so confused was because of the series' different ways of naming. For example, the series is set in the United States of SimNation. However, Sims 3 WA introduced France, Egypt, and China. I'm confused only because some countries kept real names while the fictional country of the Sims did not (at least, not entirely).

Thank you for voting!

Ah, I can see why a normal country name would work. I tend to ignore when the development team breaks the 4th wall. I totally forgot about the inclusion of China, France, and Egypt's real name in WA. In any case it depends on how Simlish you want your game to appear.