Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody play themselves in The Sims?

Comments

• SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    They could do a expansion, High School, where we can recreate/build a replica of our high school, we add replicas of our teachers, friends and foes and relive the experience....when I have a sim go to school, I always think.... I wanna see what goes on there...
  • EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member
    I usually make myself (my icon), and play up until the point of my life I'm currently in or will be soon.
    For instance I've made me and my boyfriend, we're living together - and if there was a University EP I'd have my sim sitting there, but for now, she's just in the Tech Guru career while my boyfriend is a Secret Agent since there's no Firefighter career.
    After that I just kinda leave me alone :lol: I might do a branch save and play further. When Pets comes out I'll do a branch save where my boyfriend I get married (which better happen soon, tbh :wink: ) and we have puppies!

As for playing-playing, no not really. I was in Jr. High and High School when Sims 3 was out, so I routinely made myself and whoever I was crushing on for my simself to dazzle. Alas, my affections changed as quickly as my clothes - so I usually ended up with just a cute random sim as my boyfriend. :lol:
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I think its so interesting how many people don't play as themselves!
    When I first started playing sims 1, in 4th grade, I only ever played myself and my parents, or just me as an adult. The same with sims2 and 3, except i didn't play much beyond the base games for both when they first came out. I made me and my boyfriend when sims 4 first came out, but i found im terrible at making sims!! So, they had our names, but basically looked like an average sim that dressed like us and had similar hair.... I didn't play us much. But I sorta thought it was common to make simselves.. Idk why, only my dad and my friend in 4th grade played sims 1, and they both played as themselves, so i guess I just assumed everyone played that way. Joining the forums and seeing the gallery definitely tells me I was wrong haha
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I think its so interesting how many people don't play as themselves!

I think there are deeper layers to it as well. When I say I play me, I don't mean I try to be the same as my real life me. I would never make 100 grilled cheese sandwiches in real life but I did in sims for example. I also don't try to make my sim look like me. Sims is a fantasy life. What I mean is, I mostly play one sim as my "avatar" which represents me, that I play as. This sim basically runs the game. It's like how in almost every video game that exists, you play one avatar. I guess in some games like Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy, sometimes "I" controlled a "team" and in each fight you picked which one to fight as.... but you still had one avatar per level pretty much that represented you. But yea I think some people don't play as a character in the sims games, they play as a kind of god/overseer of all the sims. No one sim is more "them" than any other.

Then of course some people do try to make their sim look like their real life selves and people they know in real life, they recreate their actual real life houses and relationships etc. I thought about trying to recreate my childhood house. Seems like it would be a fun project to do sometime. When cats and dogs comes out, I could make my childhood cat and dog...but then it kinda makes me sad lol, yea I'll just make a new dog and cat.

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    SodaGnome wrote: »
    When I say I play me, I don't mean I try to be the same as my real life me. I would never make 100 grilled cheese sandwiches in real life but I did in sims for example. I also don't try to make my sim look like me. Sims is a fantasy life.

Good point! I do try to make my simself look like me, but otherwise, if I played myself exactly as I am in real life, "I" would be sitting in front of the computer playing Sims and writing novels almost all day. That wouldn't be very interesting from a gameplay perspective...
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    i used to play myself as a sim back in sims 2 and sims 3.
  • Lillian4444Lillian4444 Posts: 41 Member
    I played as myself when I first started playing The Sims. Now I'm building family trees, so I can't really play as myself anymore. I like recreating existing characters in the game.
  • Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    I played myself in sims 2. I never did this in 3(I think) but I have created a sim that kinda looked like me in 4. I haven't actually played the sim yet.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
    Good point! I do try to make my simself look like me, but otherwise, if I played myself exactly as I am in real life, "I" would be sitting in front of the computer playing Sims and writing novels almost all day. That wouldn't be very interesting from a gameplay perspective...

Yesterday, I logged into the game and my sim was sitting at the computer playing a video game. So I was sitting at my computer playing a video game as a sim who was sitting at his computer playing a video game....reminded me of that great science fiction movie, "The Thirteenth Floor" where some programmers make a virtual world to go be in, then discover they themselves are a "game" virtual world being played by others.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    No. I've had a rather full and 'eventful' life (my older brother survived Vietnam, just to come home and be murdered). I have a wonderful husband of almost 44 years, three great kids and soon ten (10) grandchildren! The closest I ever get to playing myself, would be the fact that just for grins and giggles I took up the challenge of creating an historical figure with Sims4 CAS demo, while awaiting the release of the game. Since there are portraits of my 6th (six times) great-grandfather, I elected to create him. I got pretty darned close, too. That inspired me. I decided to play him and his family.

[img][/img]BDjwIcD.jpg

[img][/img]eCjqr7P.jpg

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I didn't use to play as my simself ever, but when I started dating my boyfriend I decided to make us in the game to see what our kids would look like and now that's usually what I play! I've replayed us several times to see what happens differently in our lives, right now we have five kids and we're looking to have a sixth
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I've made versions of myself, my hubby, other family members, my friends, and I've played them all. I don't always play as my Simself but sometimes I enjoy it.
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I could never make a sim that looks like me.. :'( so nope.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I used to but after my mom died I don't make any personal sims, I just don't think I could handle a sim like me or my family dying.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2017
    Lol! No way. She'd just sit there playing games, cleaning, and worrying about silly things. :lol:

I use an Avatar- that's a Game me. She's Awesome and Cool and does what she's told most of the time. :mrgreen:
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    I don't think I made me in TS1 or TS2... In the Sims 3, I made me and my best friend sisters and teens in the game (I was, like, 15 and she was 13). I let her decide what her Sim did the first time I played that save. I wanted to keep playing the game after she went home for the weekend. Something happened (I don't remember what 'cause it was 8 years ago) and she ended up dying [in game] and then my sim stole her boyfriend, lol. Ahh! Good times!
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    No. Its too awkward making myself. I see sims as an escape from reality. I may recreate places or homes ive been to irl, however.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    I did make a Selfsim that's me and same time not really me. She's more an Avatar off myself to me. I like too use her for Challanges and play her just I like too play my other sims. She makes her one decisions sometimes these are really funny and sometimes surprising. Expecially when I don't play her. I became really fond of her.
  • gabythesimslovergabythesimslover Posts: 146 Member
    I used to always make myself in The Sims and also in The Sims 2! I remember that in The Sims 2 I would always make my simself and a sim of my high school crush. It was pretty embarrassing and I luckily grew out of it quickly.

Recently though I was watching Deligracy's videos and she does this let's play called "My Dream Life" where her simself does all sorts of crazy things. I thought it was very funny so I attempted to do the same but I didnt get very far. Nowadays I just keep the sim to take screenshots/make gifs for my tumblr
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I used to always make myself in The Sims and also in The Sims 2! I remember that in The Sims 2 I would always make my simself and a sim of my high school crush. It was pretty embarrassing and I luckily grew out of it quickly.

Recently though I was watching Deligracy's videos and she does this let's play called "My Dream Life" where her simself does all sorts of crazy things. I thought it was very funny so I attempted to do the same but I didnt get very far. Nowadays I just keep the sim to take screenshots/make gifs for my tumblr

It's great Deli has murdered like 4 people already, fun times.
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    After thinking about it I can't really make my self. No dark purple hair. No mermaid or tiger lily tattoos. No power wheelchair. Ya know, the basics...
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    edited October 2017
    I've played myself, but it's boring because I am. So I spiced up my simself so it's more interesting, and now I'm engaged, and i have a son named Jules
    I will have another kid at some point, I wanted a girl
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited October 2017
    I tried playing my simself when TS3 came out, then again when TS4 came out.
    I don't know why it doesn't stick. Probably because there are many other personalities, fashions and careers to play with.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I have always made myself and my immediate family as my main household, right from Sims 1. It's a very much idealized version of us, but otherwise fairly accurate. I like to see what my sim family gets up to in the game and compare this with how we actually are in RL. I don't play exclusively with this family, though. I like to play with all my sims.
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Not me. I play the sims to escape rl.