Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No doghouses and not a real graveyard, why?

Comments

• cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I really don't know why anyone would complain now. With the pet doors, you can create a separate room near your house, put that new roofy decoration over it so it looks smaller, and inside you can put a pet bed, toys and food. It's now a deluxe pet house like we've never seen in the series before. It's a massive upgrade. And you don't do it with half walls, come on! You can't even place a roof over half walls. So you don't need to use move objects at all! I think they intended for us to do a pet house, as you can clearly see in the new trailer, they added that roofy decoration on purpose to make the dog house look smaller.

CFNU6Ds.png?1

If you don't think this looks and acts like a super deluxe dog house we can customize and decorate to our liking and see inside you really are kidding yourself. It's miles better than a small one with a black hole on front we can't see inside and be limited to the few swatches they decide to include for customization.

It hasn't been confirmed that there will be any purpose-built tools for creating custom dog houses. I think the placement of the pet door in that trailer is the only thing leading people to think that custom dog houses are a thing. For all we know, that pet door could be attached to a larger building, which isn't really practical for those who want something a little more modest and 'traditional' for a dog house.

I think it's great that people have come up with ideas for custom dog houses, and if anything, I would probably utilise the A frame roof to make my own dog houses. However, if there aren't any custom dog house tools and we have to create our own using pre-existing build mode tools, I don't think these workarounds effectively address the odd decision that is no dog houses in C&D.

I do hope developers address this issue and their decision for having no traditional dog houses and what players' options are if they want their dogs to sleep outside.

• NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I really don't know why anyone would complain now. With the pet doors, you can create a separate room near your house, put that new roofy decoration over it so it looks smaller, and inside you can put a pet bed, toys and food. It's now a deluxe pet house like we've never seen in the series before. It's a massive upgrade. And you don't do it with half walls, come on! You can't even place a roof over half walls. So you don't need to use move objects at all! I think they intended for us to do a pet house, as you can clearly see in the new trailer, they added that roofy decoration on purpose to make the dog house look smaller.

CFNU6Ds.png?1

If you don't think this looks and acts like a super deluxe dog house we can customize and decorate to our liking and see inside you really are kidding yourself. It's miles better than a small one with a black hole on front we can't see inside and be limited to the few swatches they decide to include for customization.

It's equivalent to just building a whole garage, or worse a MANSION, for a dog and calling it a dog house. I personally wouldn't mind having the tools to build my own dog house... at least not with a massive walls '_' . Could have consider adding a new wall size button that shrinks it down to about sim's waist/belly or allow roofs to be placed on half-walls.

And it's not a massive upgrade. We can do the same trickery in TS3/TS2/TS1:
    1. Build a 2x2/1x1 room with a roof.
    2. Put a pet bed in it.
    3. Install a door/arch in it.
    4. Profit!

The thing is, this hack doesn't look like a dog house at all, while in TS4 they are giving you the toos and decorations to build one. These other games didn't have pet doors and this roofy thing, which is made exactly for this purpose as you can see it ends right above the pet door and fits it perfectly.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

CFNU6Ds.png?1

It hasn't been confirmed that there will be any purpose-built tools for creating custom dog houses. I think the placement of the pet door in that trailer is the only thing leading people to think that custom dog houses are a thing. For all we know, that pet door could be attached to a larger building, which isn't really practical for those who want something a little more modest and 'traditional' for a dog house.

I think it's great that people have come up with ideas for custom dog houses, and if anything, I would probably utilise the A frame roof to make my own dog houses. However, if there aren't any custom dog house tools and we have to create our own using pre-existing build mode tools, I don't think these workarounds effectively address the odd decision that is no dog houses in C&D.

I do hope developers address this issue and their decision for having no traditional dog houses and what players' options are if they want their dogs to sleep outside.

There is! the entirety of build mode is there for you to build a dog house! It's just like making a separate room for your dog. You can change the windows, floor, walls, roof, decorate in any way you please, put columns and what not...
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

CFNU6Ds.png?1

There is! the entirety of build mode is there for you to build a dog house! It's just like making a separate room for your dog. You can change the windows, floor, walls, roof, decorate in any way you please, put columns and what not...

Yup, and I'm not entirely dismissing those options. But like I said, they're not really a solution for those who want something a little more modest or traditional. As others have pointed out, half walls can't have roofs placed on them and an entirely separate building for a dog house looks imposing and could be especially problematic if the neighbouring house is built on a foundation.

My solution to this is to use the A frame roof, or have a dog bed in the laundry (when Laundry stuff comes out of course - it's actually where my Mum's dog sleeps at night).
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member

CFNU6Ds.png?1

I really like this idea of an attached home for the pets. You can have just the one entrance/exit on the outside or a normal door on the interior wall if you like.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

CFNU6Ds.png?1

1. I'm still worried about foundation issues
    2. I don't want a giant house for the dog, I want a small thing
    4. This doesn't seem to allow a whole lot of design choices to make the illusion work right (especially if that is the only additional roof thing we get)
    If they give us the ability to build a small dog house, separate from the houses foundation, I'm totally sold and excited.

I am not ok with weirdly tall dog houses, sitting on my main houses foundation, that have to use roof decoration to pretend to be the right size.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    How on Earth do pets mate if there aren't any dog houses? Is it a cloud? o.o
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Perhaps we can use half-walls in some way? It would certainly be like, the first time I'll have needed them if that's true.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »

CFNU6Ds.png?1

1. I'm still worried about foundation issues
    2. I don't want a giant house for the dog, I want a small thing
    4. This doesn't seem to allow a whole lot of design choices to make the illusion work right (especially if that is the only additional roof thing we get)
    If they give us the ability to build a small dog house, separate from the houses foundation, I'm totally sold and excited.

I am not ok with weirdly tall dog houses, sitting on my main houses foundation, that have to use roof decoration to pretend to be the right size.

This. Dog extensions now? :p

Fair play to people’s imaginations but realistically on small lots it will prove difficult and will increase house hold bills through the roof.
    Raising the foundation will mean the dog house is raised too. Not ideal for players who just want a traditional little dog house.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I can see some of ya'll are just complaining to be complaining. When people show you that there are ways to make what you want, happen, ya'll get mad because it isn't premade and given to you on a platter. Smh.

Whatever floats your boat, complaints are considered feedback. Just because some people do not want do workarounds they do not have to. What may work for you may not work for others.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2017
    I think some people are getting tired of workarounds and wish EA/Maxis put the actual tools to make the doghouses if they was not going to do it themselves. Sometimes workarounds causes problems down the road.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Personally, I don't want to build my own doghouses so I don't need those tools. I just want a doghouse. Just one doghouse, one size fits all.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Gabi_Motta wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm getting out of the topic here, but someone else got annoyed by the fact that the cats and dogs will take up one of the 8 slots that we have for the family? I think is very little space as I like to have big families.

"• ... but also depends on the amount of space you have available in your household as they do take up one of the eight slots in your household."

I’m a bit annoyed, but it has always been that way so I kind of saw it coming. It would have been a nice modification, but oh well.
    Actually it's only been that way in TS1, until now.

In TS2 and TS3 you could have up to 10 sims + pets (with 8 sims max and 6 pets max) so you can have 8 sims and 2 pets, 4 sims and 6 pets, 5 sims and 5 pets, etc.

Oooh I missed that! Thanks urg well now I’m snnoyed cause I wanted 3 pets for one of my families she had triplets and now I only have space for 2 pets

21mbz47.jpg
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2017
    It's just like ''Oh they missed this functionality... Never mind, there is this for replace. '' I'm so confused with this team and this new simmers community. (I don't want to be mean when I say this)
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I played them all. And I agree perhaps it's not up to scratch. But I'm pretty mellow, it is what it is. Who knows if our complaints have any affect? I did a lot of complaining about issues I had with 3 and even 4. But truth is I enjoy the game too much to really stop playing. I just buy everything on sale. I am desperate for pets so i even tracked that down cheaper than origin. I only have the 3 Expansions, all half price. It isn't worth its full price value wise.

Feel like I've rambled now!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Maybe it just wasn't ready in time for the trailer? Why show those weird yellow blocks in a trailer, after all?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    I noticed too that with TS4 players are satisfied with the minimum... Hey guys, we're in 2017, normally TS4 should be better than now. So I don't understand why people are happy with the minimum... Maybe a lot of new simmers who never played TS2 & TS3?

I've played since the beginning. Currently playing Sims 3. I have a dog in my sim's household. Guess what I don't have? A doghouse. My indifference does not stem from a lack of familiarity with previous game versions. It's just an object I used infrequently. I'm not indifferent to other simmers wanting it but it's not crucial to my gameplay style. Especially since we'll have a different way to breed pets.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I play since Sims 1 came out and I really enjoy Sims 4. Of course, it is missing some important features and I really hope they will return and I must say I am not impressed with the EPs, but I still enjoy it a lot. I can't play Sims 1 anymore, because I sold the CDs back in the day, but I still play Sims 2. I love it, but there are some things from Sims 4 that I miss very much every time I play. Multitasking, being able to play and visit each town with your sim (visiting other sims at home...it is super hard to meet specific sims in sims 2) and most of all I miss that the premades and sims in general in Sims 4 look so different to each other, which makes having a baby and seeing the genetics play out much more interesting.
    As for Sims 3...I recently re-installed it on my computer, loaded it and have since abandoned it again. I play with premades only and I just really hate how the premades look. It is something about their skin and the round faces....I can't really describe it. Plus I play rotationally with lots of households and usually just have aging in the active household on. I had completely forgotten that I can't play my way in Sims 3, since I would either have aging off or just can't play rotationally.
    To me Sims 2 with Sims 4 looking sims would be my dream...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2017

CFNU6Ds.png?1

I think you are missing the bigger picture, see that brown side to the right of the doggie door? That is a wall which is attached to that building. That means it's a taller building and the lower roof feature may be a posiblity of being able to build even smaller wall sizes or half half walls. Look at it, you can see the continuance of the brown siding, is connected to the 'doggie door' section and means it's not a dog house. ETA: My guess, that roof is a new decorative roof.

ETA: And you can see the guy with the dog off in the distance, can't go any farther meaning that area is a fake backdrop.
    You are also forgetting how would that same pic look with the house (attached in that pic) with a foundation? It does matter what objects players buy in a pack.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    That overhang is a porch roof and we already have a few in the game. Lowering it for a roof over a dog door doesn't make it doghouse.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    That overhang is a porch roof and we already have a few in the game. Lowering it for a roof over a dog door doesn't make it doghouse.

Thanks for explaining in less words. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2017
    CFNU6Ds.png?1
    I still want actual dog house objects like in the previous games
    a256aFi.gif
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited October 2017

CFNU6Ds.png?1

It's equivalent to just building a whole garage, or worse a MANSION, for a dog and calling it a dog house. I personally wouldn't mind having the tools to build my own dog house... at least not with a massive walls '_' . Could have consider adding a new wall size button that shrinks it down to about sim's waist/belly or allow roofs to be placed on half-walls.

And it's not a massive upgrade. We can do the same trickery in TS3/TS2/TS1:
    1. Build a 2x2/1x1 room with a roof.
    2. Put a pet bed in it.
    3. Install a door/arch in it.
    4. Profit!

The thing is, this hack doesn't look like a dog house at all, while in TS4 they are giving you the toos and decorations to build one. These other games didn't have pet doors and this roofy thing, which is made exactly for this purpose as you can see it ends right above the pet door and fits it perfectly.

According to you, you might as well call this a dog house:
    1200px-Doggy_door_exit.JPG

Look it here. That's a legitimately a "dog house". First thing pops up in people's head when they see this picture. Whilst that picture has a human door in it, it wouldn't make my point any difference If hypothetically there wasn't one in that cottage, or shall I call it a "dog house"?

As for that roofy thing, that could be an porch/awning decoration for all we know for that illiunistic cropped screenshot of the video. I still think that's a 2x2 room build on with a dog door, and wowsers - you got a dog house (refer back to the picture above I posted)!

It would be as equivalent If (hypothetically) toddlers were only be able to sleep in cribs, and by cribs the trailer would just advertise how you can build one with the following customize tools: place a pillow, surround it with fence and place a gate in it, and TADA! YOU GOT YOURSELF A TODDLER CRIB. To make it more convenient so your tots don't get cramped in it, they put a restriction to only have fenced-areas be by 2x2 dimensions spaceless.

All we want is to somehow have twice times shorter walls or at least ability to place roof on a HALF WALLS.
    NNpYlHF.jpg