Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Sims 3)The Build, Rate, Review and Share thread

NickyzNickyz Posts: 288 Member

Post screenshots of your builds here and rate each other's builds.

Here's mine. Just gotten into building again after a long time away from the old sims 3 rate thread in the old forums.

Screenshot-187_2.jpg

Screenshot-191_2.jpg

Screenshot-192_3.jpg

Bedroom

Screenshot-189_1.jpg

Study

Screenshot-180_2.jpg
Screenshot-178_2.jpg

Kitchen

Screenshot-173_2.jpg

Living room

Screenshot-182_1.jpg

Toilet

Screenshot-183_3.jpg
Dining Room/Foyer
Screenshot-172_1.jpg

Screenshot-171_1.jpg

Sorry for the weird picture angles. I'm not really good with the in game camera
westlife5.gif

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    It's nice. I like the symmetry and shape; but I would have slightly changed each apartment - different colors and paintings - to avoid them being exact replicates of each other.
  • NickyzNickyz Posts: 288 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    It's nice. I like the symmetry and shape; but I would have slightly changed each apartment - different colors and paintings - to avoid them being exact replicates of each other.

Thanks for your comments! I planned to show them as showroom townhouses hence everything in the other house was mirrored. I will try to differentiate each house next time.
    westlife5.gif
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2017
    I didn't realize it was a duplex until @ciane mentioned it. I thought it was weird that you had two pianos. I agree making each townhouse unique with different styles would show off your decorating skills more. Also the lot seems out of place in its rural surroundings. Aside from all of that, fantastic build. Great use of space. Love the shared pool. Would have liked to see an overview of the layouts.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    It is a lovely build, and as has already been stated, making each one more personal and unique would be lovely but I think your decor and design are beautifully done and very elegant.

I think my only actual criticism, though, is the toilet. The TOILET! Even if the Sims wouldn't care, *I* sure wouldn't want to have to use the toilet in front of a bay of windows, in front of a glass railing, overlooking the whole world! If not curtains or a privacy screen for the whole bathroom, moving the toilet to the inside of the room with a half-wall for privacy would be a minimum requirement, I'd think!
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    38668895152_3f81917b0d_b.jpg
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    Rebuilding an older lot I lost when I cleaned up my files.
    Still have the basement left to finish.

38850409581_307758d7dc_b.jpg
    Finished The Office In The Basement ...

24193564077_2c074f18a5_b.jpg

... And The Wine Cellar.

38199835924_b38a6b3ea3_b.jpg