Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    He said that they'd be making something he really wanted to make; he didn't say that that was the next pack.

That's very true, although seeing as they don't work on more than one pack at a time, I'd assume he was talking about the next pack as it wouldn't yet be in development (or would it?)

Except they do work on more than one pack at a time when it's something that takes very long to develop. Like cats and dogs, they haven't only worked on those for one year. In the stream he explained how they started out with a small team of about four people doing the early tech for animals. So they could be in early development stages of an EP that is not the next one.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2017
    He said that they'd be making something he really wanted to make; he didn't say that that was the next pack.

That's very true, although seeing as they don't work on more than one pack at a time, I'd assume he was talking about the next pack as it wouldn't yet be in development (or would it?)

Packs are planned in advance so he at least knows the next few EPs that are coming. Also they've explained that they're working on multiple packs simultaneously, in various stages of development. Just think of how many years they've been working on Cats & Dogs, yet other EPs were still being released during that time.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I think it'll either be seasons (hopefully) next or some kind of celeb/music pack, though those could easily be GPs.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    SimGuruGrant said on the latest livestream that possibly the next(?) EP could be an idea that he really wants to make, but he ruled out that it would be a dystopian fallout-esque pack or any sort of disaster survival pack, so what could he have been talking about? I don't think it's seasons because that's such a standard EP he wouldn't make a fuss over it, and thanks to SimGuruSarah's tweet we know University isn't in the works, and I don't think they would do another animal based pack like Horses or farming immediately after C&D, so I think it could be a whole new theme all together.

Hope it's Seasons.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Seasons probably
    21mbz47.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    SimGuruGrant said on the latest livestream that possibly the next(?) EP could be an idea that he really wants to make, but he ruled out that it would be a dystopian fallout-esque pack, so what could he have been talking about? I don't think it's seasons because that's such a standard EP he wouldn't make a fuss over it, I think it could be a whole new theme all together.

I would like it to be a new theme but I have no idea what it could be...

There's a lot hints for seasons so I would expect that but maybe we won't get seasons next.

New theme could be Theme Parks which I also want.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    SimGuruGrant said on the latest livestream that possibly the next(?) EP could be an idea that he really wants to make, but he ruled out that it would be a dystopian fallout-esque pack or any sort of disaster survival pack, so what could he have been talking about? I don't think it's seasons because that's such a standard EP he wouldn't make a fuss over it, and thanks to SimGuruSarah's tweet we know University isn't in the works, and I don't think they would do another animal based pack like Horses or farming immediately after C&D, so I think it could be a whole new theme all together.

In one of Grant's interviews he gave for CL he mentioned juggling more than one pack at a time , so the one he's super excited about could either be coming next, or a long way down the track.

Mmmmm, Grant's personal investment ... one he 'really' wants to make ...we have to deduce what we know about him - he loved that talking toilet, he cracks up over that bear suit with the dead eyes and thinks its 'the best thing we've ever made' but hates 'that freezer bunny' ... Llama Man was introduced in CL which is his favourite Sims 4 expansion so far ... there's a Llama Dog suit coming in C&D's ... I'm thinking ... yep, my bets on a Super Heroes Expansion Pack.

But honestly, it could be anything. Grant just gets super excited about innovation - look how proud he is with the work they've done on CAP -
    and anything he feels personally he has done "better" than his previous attempt (his favourite world is San Myshuno). Maybe it is as "ordinary" as Seasons. Maybe they're doing a completely new angle they've never worked on before, like incorporating all the Farming Ideas the community has given them ... or maybe that's just my wishful thinking. ;)
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2017

Pets is also a standard. Yet, did you see how excited those three gurus in the live stream were about making it?

Seasons is a good pack to get excited about because, even though snow, rain, and wind don't change, there are myriad ways to implement them. There are essentially uncountable ways of enjoying each season that doesn't necessarily have to be a rehash of what came before. For example, to my knowledge, The Sims series has never had skiing or snowmobiles. To my knowledge, the Sim series has never had an official water park, including attractions such as whales and dolphins and seals that do tricks. There's been no parasailing, no snow boarding, no pets rolling and burying their noses in the snow, no toddlers falling over with their cute little snowsuits and diaper bottoms covered in a crust of snow. I also don't remember having volley ball or tennis, no tree climbing for coconuts and cracking them open for refreshing drinks and tasty Caribbean food, no body surfing, no deep sea fishing for swordfish, marlin, or tuna, with subsequent new recipes. There haven't been cruise ships, whale watching, banana boat rides with family and friends. There's been no steel drum instrument. No ukuleles.

There's so much that could be done in brand new worlds with huge 64x64 lots everywhere which would have room for grander activities.

Mind you, I don't think that we'll ever get any of the things that I've mentioned. I mentioned them just to illustrate that Seasons entails a lot of things, not just weather. It's about the activities, it's about the atmosphere. If the developers aren't still excited about exploring the unexplored, Houston, we've got a problem.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I mean of course we could be getting seasons next, and he was just excited that his idea might be made at some point in the future, but it really did sound like he was really excited for the next EP, so who knows!

His exact response was 'I think we're going to make the one that I want to make more than anything.' 'The one I most want to make sincerely, we're making.. at some point, maybe.'

The gurus excitement about packs only worries me now :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    It sounded like the idea for the pack that Grant was enthused about was something of which the rest of the team had to be convinced. In my thought, Seasons wouldn't be something of which the team would need to be convinced, since it has been a staple. Any reservations about Seasons would regard implementation, I would think. Farming, as much as it is near and dear to my heart, it, along with other traditional things...hmm, Grant doesn't seem like a Farming kinda guy, lol.

Using that logic, and taking into consideration the things Grant is extremely amused and excited about so far--I'd say Superheroes is a pretty good guess. Superheroes are also very popular right now in the culture. If it continues on the same bent that the Science Career took, it could be quite well done. That Career is the Best Of All, IMHO. The Freeze Ray, the Invention Constructor, Transforming , Cloning, the almost super powers that Scientists have--all of these are things I bet Grant laughs in his sleep about. :D Imagine the mischief one could get up to in the game with superpowers. :o

It also sounded like this had been a fairly recent development, still a bit iffy. I would guess that Ep 5 has been decided by now. I also think that the team is very pumped about the work they've done on this iteration, justifiably so, if the bugs can be squashed. I agree some of the design work has been the best so far. To have TS4 continue another couple years on that note seems quite possible. Just some musings. :)
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    It sounded like the idea for the pack that Grant was enthused about was something of which the rest of the team had to be convinced. In my thought, Seasons wouldn't be something of which the team would need to be convinced, since it has been a staple. Any reservations about Seasons would regard implementation, I would think. Farming, as much as it is near and dear to my heart, it, along with other traditional things...hmm, Grant doesn't seem like a Farming kinda guy, lol.

Using that logic, and taking into consideration the things Grant is extremely amused and excited about so far--I'd say Superheroes is a pretty good guess. Superheroes are also very popular right now in the culture. If it continues on the same bent that the Science Career took, it could be quite well done. That Career is the Best Of All, IMHO. The Freeze Ray, the Invention Constructor, Transforming , Cloning, the almost super powers that Scientists have--all of these are things I bet Grant laughs in his sleep about. :D Imagine the mischief one could get up to in the game with superpowers. :o

It also sounded like this had been a fairly recent development, still a bit iffy. I would guess that Ep 5 has been decided by now. I also think that the team is very pumped about the work they've done on this iteration, justifiably so, if the bugs can be squashed. I agree some of the design work has been the best so far. To have TS4 continue another couple years on that note seems quite possible. Just some musings. :)

I like the superheroes theory. Would be interesting to see what they could come up with. At first, I was thinking superheroes might be more of a thing that would make sense as GP, rather than EP. But then I thought about it more and considering the kind of stuff they might need to add it to make it interesting... creating various forms of conflict and variations on archetypes... maybe even creating a city specifically for superheroes to live in and protect against disaster... EP might make more sense.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My guess is a Seasons pack because I think they'll get the basics out of the way before branching off into new ideas. The only exception might be a farming pack. My vote would be after seasons is released, then farming would be great.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Triplis wrote: »

I like the superheroes theory. Would be interesting to see what they could come up with. At first, I was thinking superheroes might be more of a thing that would make sense as GP, rather than EP. But then I thought about it more and considering the kind of stuff they might need to add it to make it interesting... creating various forms of conflict and variations on archetypes... maybe even creating a city specifically for superheroes to live in and protect against disaster... EP might make more sense.

If we get a superhero pack, I think it would need to be an EP. After all we need lairs and that will take a lot of stuff. Batman's not the only one who needs a fireman's pole to his secret lair.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited October 2017
    The next expansion needs to be Seasons after all these hints mentioning seasons in multiple packs it would be a major let down being anything else. Hopefully they patch in the code for expansion 5 soon like they did with Cats and Dogs in back January.

Oh please let it not be superheroes that is the last thing the game needs now more Sims in costumes standing around talking.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Remember last year someone leaked about city living and how bands were intentionally going to be included but were scrapped last minute? Maybe it’s a fame pack that includes bands?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Seasons is next, or some whooooole other pack.
  • JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    I do not think Superheroes would work in a game like The Sims and I really hope they won't "waste" an EP on it :(
    Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a good superhero-movie once in a while, and who doesn't like the idea of having superpowers and fighting evil! However, imagine the extent they would have to go through to make it continuously interesting - I don't think a superhero just goes to work 9 to 5, mon-fri completes some tasks and then go home. I think they would have to do something similar to TS3 Ambitions where jobs would "pop up", however that would be a bit limiting in TS4 worlds and was a magnet for bugs and glitches in TS3 and would most likely be so in TS4 as well - because it's not a game built for it IMO. I guess it could be kinda cool as one of those Stories-packs they did in TS2, but I seriously doubt they would do that.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I'm sceptical about a Superhero pack. Not that I don't like superheroes, but I feel like playing one in the sims wouldn't be as fun as playing one in a game that focuses mainly on being a hero. I fear that it would be like WA where the whole grave exploring didn't really fit with the rest of the game.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would like a super hero pack
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    I'm dying for a Seasons pack... x_x
    But I'd also really love something like Dragon Valley from Sims 3!
  • fruitsmisfruitsmis Posts: 82 Member
    I don't want to get my hopes up for EP5 to be seasons.. but i think it's too late for that. *fingers crossed*
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Superheroes or Myth and Magic. (I'm being very hopeful, haha)
    #Team Occult
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Farming!! It could possibly, finally be farming!!
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Farming!! It could possibly, finally be farming!!

Grant and farming... I'm trying to imagine it, but I can't.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 712 Member
    We've had the Party themed packs (Get Together, City Living, Dine Out) and some Family play (Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Kids & Toddlers packs) so I think the next step here is something for Sims to do outside of home, hopefully a new vacation destination but a dystopian/disaster pack would be amazing to see as well.