Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Burglar" Livestream answer

1235...Next

Comments

• samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    People complain that the game is trying too hard not to upset people and then proceed to get upset over a joke. Logical.

Poeple take jokes like that 'serious' because TS4 is really lacking danger and consequences. Due to that it might not sound like such a joke at all.

a) We already have more dangerous things than burglars in the game, so if people take the joke seriously they are allowing emotions to cloud their judgement and that is on them.
    b) My point was just that it's amusing watching those that complain about how the game is ruined because people are too sensitive, being overly sensitive themselves.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited October 2017
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Looks like a few people need to recalibrate their humor arrays. It was a joke; they were being lighthearted and fun for the entire stream. In fact, I thought they were rather good.
    your right
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    People complain that the game is trying too hard not to upset people and then proceed to get upset over a joke. Logical.

Poeple take jokes like that 'serious' because TS4 is really lacking danger and consequences. Due to that it might not sound like such a joke at all.
    Selling cats and dogs in a pet store is to extreme for Sims 4.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • littlemoondustlittlemoondust Posts: 29 Member
    I think I read somewhere that they most likely weren't adding burglars because it might be upsetting to people who have had it happen in RL, which I could understand. I miss that it made sims realistic, and you had to have enough money to prepare for that type of situation with alarms, but it happened so often that it was pretty annoying most of the time honestly. I also really didn't like how I'd have to figure out what they stole and replace it in the exact position I had before. I think they could add it if they made it an optional free pack instead of an update.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited October 2017
    Eliharb wrote: »
    I just watched the latest livestream and the SimGurus were asked "Why aren't there burglars in TS4?" and the team answered "Because we don't want crime in the sims".

I cannot stress on how disappointing that is, to literally have no negative/challenging aspects of the game besides sims leaving trash around and being directed to clean it. Burglars are a huge part of the sims experience. They're about saving to buy stuff for your sims and then having a little risk of sims being robbed! That was like fires.. a little bit of loss of control and a little challenge here and there!

I really really hope they reconsider burglars, gameplay can't just be all positive things all the time! Some of you have to agree, right?

Honestly, the way I saw that.. was how JM looked at Grant, before they answered. I have a feeling burglars are coming in the free-update before Cats and Dogs releases. But that's just a feeling I have. I could very much be wrong. But I felt like this about Vampires and Toddlers. I felt like new occults weren't being released because Toddlers hadn't been released yet (and I figured maybe it was because that would be more animations for them to do if they did release toddlers and allowed them to be supernaturals.. though it seems they didn't let them be. :( ). But then, they announced Vampires... and we still hadn't heard about toddlers.. then all of a sudden, they released toddlers.

I think that we don't really have anything to stop crime. There's no Police NPC (unless they want to use the police from GTW; I mean, they're literally already in the game, it wouldn't be hard to make a Police NPC; and I don't see why not using them from GTW, it could add more to the gameplay that we have for the career).

But maybe with the release of Cats and Dogs, this will be at least something that could stop burglars. So, before the game releases, I think burglars will be in the patch. But that's just my two cents/thinking of it; and if it doesn't happen like that -- then maybe they have different plans for these npcs; maybe allowing us to be able to play it as an interactive career, who knows. :)

Trying to be optimistic.
  • MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    It has already been confirmed that the "answer" was a joke...
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Burglars for your pets to defend you from would go very well with Cats&Dogs. For it to be patched into base-game now... well, you don't want burglars in your house? GO BUY CATS&DOGS.

There's no reason not to use the police from GTW to animate cops.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Tbh I’m surprised a mod hasn’t come up in here yet talking about “This has been discussed enough and it appears the discussion is now going in circles... I’m closing the thread Simmers” hahaha!
    There are other ways to stop the burglars from getting in your house without Cats and Dogs that they could add. It's called an alarm.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There are other ways to stop the burglars from getting in your house without Cats and Dogs that they could add. It's called an alarm.

Yeah, I know. But setting your dogs on 'em is more fun...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited October 2017
    Loanet wrote: »

Yeah, I know. But setting your dogs on 'em is more fun...

Of course, and that's what I'm hoping as to why we may not have them yet. For me, I want burglars because while the bills can be too high and can be challenging, there's just not much else to the chaos of the game. I miss the burglars, or the repo man coming for our objects because our bills were too expensive to pay.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I hope they add the burglar npc, its a sims classic.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited October 2017
    I just watched the latest livestream and the SimGurus were asked "Why aren't there burglars in TS4?" and the team answered "Because we don't want crime in the sims".

I cannot stress on how disappointing that is, to literally have no negative/challenging aspects of the game besides sims leaving trash around and being directed to clean it. Burglars are a huge part of the sims experience. They're about saving to buy stuff for your sims and then having a little risk of sims being robbed! That was like fires.. a little bit of loss of control and a little challenge here and there!

I really really hope they reconsider burglars, gameplay can't just be all positive things all the time! Some of you have to agree, right?

What lol.

Yet they created a police station you arrest criminals.
    Take mug shot
    Take finger prints
    Question suspect
    And lock them in a cell

You already added parts of crime with the police career
    EA

Burglars and police npcs were part of the Sims history. To say we don't have because they don't want crime in it is quite redickulas.

Some of these deciction are simply madness whoever decided on them.

This is why so much stuff are taken out it seems because of decisions They make but it's turning this version into a bit of a joke and a slap in the face. They say they are listening to fans yet all those cuts in all 4 expansions.

How about lets your fans decide to have them.
    We are the ones paying for these games.

Burglars have been in every single Sims game both console and the pc version since 2000 except for the Sims 4.
    Criminal careers have always been wanted by fans to.

It feels like screw the fans we don't want them if it was true.if not they should just stop messing us around with all of the still missing ones.

Burglars
    Police
    Social worker
    Fireman
    Repoman

Even in the Sims 3 we have the regular fire fighter as well as the active career
    in ambitions.

We should have got burglar and police patched in after get to work came out.

We should have got these patched in by now after 3 years.

Npcs were pretty basic stuff in the past.

I mean they even removed newspapers and house phone and burglar alarms to.

Edited.
    Why do mobile phones settings keep changing my words after I submit the post :(

So annoying to type.

Sorry if some words are wrong.

Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes we want burglars.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    So it's a joke? what an odd joke though... anyway I personally don't really miss burglars, but I can see how it sadly adds to the realism.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2017
    Just give us the Burglars already!
    I Want Burglars! They used to be so fun
    a256aFi.gif
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I never really liked the burglars, I kind of hope they don't add em.
  • YvinatorEliteYvinatorElite Posts: 97 Member
    Personally I think the free updates team is working on Burglars (and firemen), but since they also have to work on the bug fixing and holiday packs it takes some time. They have previously worked on the pools and toddlers, and those came out great.
    Don't lose hope guys and especially not faith in The Sims team! They know what they're doing! The joke about the "no crime in the sims" was a little too misplaced in the livestream, but I truly believe the sims teams hears the communities wants.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    To me the Lot Traits work perfectly with burglars - if you don't want crime simply add perhaps a 'Neighbourhood Watch' trait, and if you want a heightened amount of crime add the 'Dodgy Area' trait...
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    After reading the comments I definitely think its very doable. I assume the animations for when pets are angry/agressive or scared/cowering are already in Cats and Dogs, that and the arrest animation that's in GTW, all they'd have to do is add a sneaking animation since sims can already swipe things with the Kleptomaniac trait. I think it's pretty easy for them to add it for free.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    What annoys me with NPCs and staff in TS4 is that you always see sims you know from the neighborhood as those NPCs. I don't like that. I liked when NPCs were literally non playable/mysterious sims who do just those things (Maid/gardener/Burglar/Psychiatrist/Policeman/Firefighter...etc).
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    First of all, with vampires always breaking in to feed off my sims and slowing down my 'fast forward through sleeping' time, I'm good with Burglars not also breaking in at night.

I'm also good with just sending my Klepto sims to steal from the neighbors.

All that said, it's VERY possible (according to me, like that's worth something) that they gave a joke answer instead of a real one because they will bring in burglars eventually and can't talk about it.

Personally, I like the idea of, if burglars are a necessity, to introduce them in the as yet purely hypothetical fan theory etc of a Superheros GP/EP.

a63ftuN.png
    I never really liked the burglars, I kind of hope they don't add em.
    What annoys me with NPCs and staff in TS4 is that you always see sims you know from the neighborhood as those NPCs. I don't like that. I liked when NPCs were literally non playable/mysterious sims who do just those things (Maid/gardener/Burglar/Psychiatrist/Policeman/Firefighter...etc).

Agree

Npc.
    We're better as none playable Sims.

Personally I think the free updates team is working on Burglars (and firemen), but since they also have to work on the bug fixing and holiday packs it takes some time. They have previously worked on the pools and toddlers, and those came out great.
    Don't lose hope guys and especially not faith in The Sims team! They know what they're doing! The joke about the "no crime in the sims" was a little too misplaced in the livestream, but I truly believe the sims teams hears the communities wants.

Get them to give us something to not loose hope or faith in them.
    So far suggest otherwise.