Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite information from the livestream

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited October 2017
    @orkhid22 Oh no! Cats are the best IRL! My cat can be a handful, but most of the times he is my little buddy, teddy bear and clown. Looking for cheap entertainment? All you need is a cat and a box, preferably slightly too small for the cat (cats firmly believe that they must sit in any box they encounter, that they live their lives to the fullest while sitting in a box, that box-sitting brings them closer to the divine). Also great: a cat and some ribbon or a cat and a straw! :D
    Hope you'll at least have fun with the cats in the game!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @orkhid22 Oh no! Cats are the best IRL! My cat can be a handful, but most of the times he is my little buddy, teddy bear and clown. Looking for cheap entertainment? All you need is a cat and a box, preferably slightly too small for the cat (cats firmly believe that they must sit in any box they encounter, that they live their lives to the fullest while sitting in a box, that box-sitting brings them closer to the divine). Also great: a cat and some ribbon or a cat and a straw! :D

Not my kitty, but -

2CLKpKc.jpg

:lol:

I think I've proven my point.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    I totally loved the new hairs for men and woman, so beautiful!!
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member

I do hope they have boxes that cats will sit in. We have one quite fat cat who insists on squeezing into every box that comes into the house. And ribbons -- one of my cats once woke me up in the middle of the night to give me a ribbon she'd pulled off one of the Christmas presents. This wasn't on the livestream, but SimGuru Romeo confirmed that cats can catch the mice in the apartments in San Myshuno.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member

Not my kitty, but -

2CLKpKc.jpg

:lol:

I think I've proven my point.

lol your cat scared me! maybe i won't play with them in game. i'm not sure. my fear is that they will scare me in game and there goes my who plan to play a cat lady. we shall see. i'm thinking of having my cat lady fall in love with a dog lover and they have 3 cats and 3 dogs and no "human/sim" children. their pets are their children. but i will definitely have to get over my fears! in my opinion, these are the most detailed cats the series has had and they make sounds. This is a good thing, i just hope they don't freak me out and i can play with them
    @MVWdeZT Your cats sound awesome. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They had a selection of clothes that would be good for a young cat lady, so, maybe I'll make a mother and daughter cat family who has six cats in their household. Something a little different from past games.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    You know, they really sold me on the non-playable pets idea, but now I'm a little worried. I hope it won't mess the Sims' attention span. A lot of people have noticed that there's already a problem with Sims' autonomy - they are dropping player's action etc. I don't mind my Sim waving at his dog when walking by, but canceling orders to just watch a pet playing (or something like that) could get rather annoying.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I can't play with autonomy on. I'll fill my sims queue then go back to check to find they did nothing I told them and have started a fire by cooking when there is already food in the fridge. Drives me crazy.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    The roomba object was a surprise.
  • Loserfangirl420Loserfangirl420 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @AndreaTheHero said:
    > three words:
    >
    > CATS RIDING ROOMBAS
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I was a disappointed there is no allergic to pets or doesn't like pets trait (gotta have that drama in my game)

I died at the first mention of the rumba!!! First off I can't believe we are getting a vaccum but then they say cats can ride it!!! Soooo excited!
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited October 2017
    I missed it for a reason! I want to play my game when it comes out and be pleasantly surprised myself and not be disappointed by watching livestreams from EA so I'll wait until this EP is out then I'll play it and be excited more cos I wasn't over-loaded with lots of info before it come out!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

I hope the roomba also takes care of the messes that kids make since Parenthood.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member

I hope the roomba also takes care of the messes that kids make since Parenthood.

I read on SimsVIP that it does. But I’m not sure accurate SimsVIP is.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    You know, they really sold me on the non-playable pets idea, but now I'm a little worried. I hope it won't mess the Sims' attention span. A lot of people have noticed that there's already a problem with Sims' autonomy - they are dropping player's action etc. I don't mind my Sim waving at his dog when walking by, but canceling orders to just watch a pet playing (or something like that) could get rather annoying.

Like the very annoying check on/watch toddler? grrrr.... nope, I too want to be able to interact with my pets when I want to and not when the game decides I should.

I thoroughly enjoyed the livestream though, I thought the guys were fun and natural and I loved seeing all the detail we will be able to do in cap.

Strangely, my favourite bit of info was that we could do so much with pet ears! And also have one ear up and one down :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited October 2017
    The pack will come with a default townie cat. ^^
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif

Like the very annoying check on/watch toddler? grrrr.... nope, I too want to be able to interact with my pets when I want to and not when the game decides I should.

I agree. I don't mind my Sim taking care of pets/toddlers while I, let's say, play with other member of a household. But, please, don't cancel our actions. I'm afraid it could be even worse with pets since we can't direct them to take care of themselves. But I also hope that C&D were opportunity to work on that problem in general. Fingers crossed!
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited October 2017
    Speaking of cats.. I remember going up to stroke a cat when I was a kid and getting scratched in the face. That incident made me really wary of cats.

However, after my mother started adopting unwanted cats (not all at once, I might add), I really turned into a total cat person. I just love kitties. My mother's current cat is so loving and affectionate - and yes she will even let you dress her up in clothes, lol. I don't live at home anymore but I still look forward to seeing her.

It does feel like dogs have been given more attention during trailers and the recent livestream.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member

I agree. I don't mind my Sim taking care of pets/toddlers while I, let's say, play with other member of a household. But, please, don't cancel our actions. I'm afraid it could be even worse with pets since we can't direct them to take care of themselves. But I also hope that C&D were opportunity to work on that problem in general. Fingers crossed!

Personally I loooove the fact that pets are not playable. To each their own on that. But I haven't really considered what both of you mentioned. I've seen this issue more and more in my game. It's especially annoying when I cancel an autonomous action and the sim still acts as though they are going to carry it out (I.e. walk all the way over to somewhere) before becoming confused. I hope this issue would have been thought about and addressed in development
    I wonder if the Roomba actually cleans or is just for cat entertainment purposes.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I think it's actually suppose to clean, at least that's what in sounded like from the live stream.
    @Dannydanbo It is said above that the Roomba does in fact clean, also mess made by children (at least it says so on SimVIP).
    Quote from SimsVIP:
    The expansion pack comes with a simified version of a Roomba to clean up things like poo, throw up, and hair, around the home. To bring in a bit of fun to the game with the automatic vacuum, the team added the ability for Cats to ride on it. If you own The Sims 4 Parenthood Pack, the Roomba helps clean up the messes of your children as well.
    Source: https://simsvip.com/2017/10/12/sims-4-cats-dogs-create-pet-live-stream-info-qa/

we all try ...
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited October 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I wonder if the Roomba actually cleans or is just for cat entertainment purposes.

SimsVIP says that the roomba object cleans poo, throw up, and hair that pets can cause, along with the messes toddlers and children can do in Parenthood.
    Thanks one and all.