Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite information from the livestream

I joined the stream late, but I rewatched most of what I missed. And I was pleasantly surprised at how much gameplay info they gave us while showing off CAP. My favorite piece of information is that pets can run away, and might or might not come back - AND: If you haven't neutured them, they can come back pregnant! I love it!

What got you excited in the livestream? And what disappointed you?

Also: raccoon babies. SO. ADORABLE.

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    What disappointed me! Um Songwriter! Cause my only favorite music was not here yet!
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    three words:

CATS RIDING ROOMBAS

Haha, this game is so meme generation. I love the fact that they based a feature in the game on youtube cat videos.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I missed the stream completely I had no idea that there would be one today(because as of late, I've kinda been mia from social media); and the replay, for me, is loading slow/not loading. :( My internet is plumie. Anyways, so far, from what I heard, there will be Roomba's and cats can ride them and they'll vacuum up the messes! :D

I'm trying to wait to find out the other information but I ended up reading the bit where you said they can run away and may or may not come back; and that's pretty cool. I wonder if that means that they could be seen exploring the 'world' if your Sim is on a lot and would the pet remember its old owner? Would it come back? Or be wild? And the baby racoons were SO precious! xD.
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    I missed the stream completely I had no idea that there would be one today(because as of late, I've kinda been mia from social media); and the replay, for me, is loading slow/not loading. :( My internet is plumie. Anyways, so far, from what I heard, there will be Roomba's and cats can ride them and they'll vacuum up the messes! :D

I'm trying to wait to find out the other information but I ended up reading the bit where you said they can run away and may or may not come back; and that's pretty cool. I wonder if that means that they could be seen exploring the 'world' if your Sim is on a lot and would the pet remember its old owner? Would it come back? Or be wild? And the baby racoons were SO precious! xD.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/923915/cats-dogs-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p16

you can check this thread for officially sourced info, this page has a lot of livestream updated information at the bottom
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    The roomba bit was surprising but sounds like it'll be fun! I loved seeing the breed mixer tool at work. I'm excited to give it a go myself once the EP releases.
    6riwm5.png
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited October 2017
    I like that big dogs can put their paws on countertops and steal food, including ingredients for meals, and that cats can watch your sims while they cook.

The Roomba sounds really cool. I especially like that cats can ride around on them and use them to go through locked doors. I wonder if it will work like the robots from TS2 Open for Business?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    It's a little offtopic but I really enjoyed that livestream in general. I mean, they had so much fun :smiley: I prefer their jokes and humour much better to the aws and cuteness from some of the previous streams.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I learned what foxes say! :lol:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    I loved that we will have a Roomba that cats can ride on. I was satisfied with the stream in general although I would've loved to have a cat person guru on the stream. Seemed very dog person oriented especially with the little offensive comments towards cats. I'm glad simgurusarah was a cat person or we wouldn't have gotten cats at all.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Roomba(and pets riding them escaping locked rooms), autonomous breeding(and possibly coming home pregnant by unknown animal-story possibilities with purebred show dog types), pets stealing food. And from the CAP trailer I love that when cats scratch furniture there are actual markings and stuff(wonder how you fix that?). One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the pointed tips/tufts on some of the cats ears and if that can be manipulated.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I do like the Roomba cat ride idea. I think the CAP looks very good.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I'm amazed. I think this pack may be on it's way to become one of the best in TS4.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I gotta say, I've watched a few minutes and the CAP seems absolutely superb. They seem to have really gone out with trying to create as many different breeds of cats and dogs as possible and every mix of said breed.

I still want to see gameplay, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I squeed very loudly about cats riding the roomba-like thing. So excited about that I cannot tell you. I was really impressed watching the CAP painting system in action, though - much more than I expected to be. Some great tech there!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited October 2017
    I am really impressed to see so many breeds of dogs & cats and the level of customization that is available!! In none of the previous iterations have they had a bichon frise, so I'm super excited about that, so I can create my own dog. & the breed mixer tool is cool as well, so if I want to make a maltipoo, I can do that too! I also like that you can start out with a puppy in CAP!

I also thought the different poses in CAP were cool, so you could paint & customize the pet without having to turn the camera all crazy. & there's a lot of outfits for both cats & dogs. Since the color wheel is back for pets, I will probably enjoy spending more time in CAP than I do in CAS lol

Edit: The forum is changing the dog name in the first paragraph to 'plum'...not sure why. I'm referring to the bischon frise.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    It's a little offtopic but I really enjoyed that livestream in general. I mean, they had so much fun :smiley: I prefer their jokes and humour much better to the aws and cuteness from some of the previous streams.

Yes, there was a great atmosphere. I enjoyed the style of this stream a lot, I'm glad there wasn't too much "aaw, look at the puppy! Sooo cute, I can't even!" And it looks like they're having a lot of fun at work.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Have not got to see the stream yet but if a cat riding a Roomba is the highlight of what was shown... if anything I would be more impressed if a cat seen the Roomba and darted off from being spooked.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    edited October 2017
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Have not got to see the stream yet but if a cat riding a Roomba is the highlight of what was shown... if anything I would be more impressed if a cat seen the Roomba and darted off from being spooked.

They didn't show it, just mentioned it, since the stream focused on CAP. Gameplay will be in....two weeks! (heh heh)

Though since we knew basically everything about CAP prior to the stream, the cat riding a Roomba probably was the most exciting new info. :D
    aSE16f8.gif
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am super excited that pets will have pregnancy bellies! And that they can run away and return pregnant, if not fixed! This game lacks in surprises, so I am over the moon with this!
  • haydub07haydub07 Posts: 84 Member
    It's small, but I'm happy to see that they have a set of dog ears that are one up and one down! One of my dogs is like that and I was worried they wouldn't have it.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I just skipped through the video after the stream, because I am not that eager to have pets in my game. Obviously we already knew that pets cannot be controlled, which is a very good thing in my view, but the "cat on the roomba" reveal is hopefully indicative of the kind of unpredictable and lifelike situations this expansion will bring to the game. So that sounds neat.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    CAP looks great - they totally exceeded expectations on that. I hope gameplay will be good too... As a cat person I'm a bit worried about cats being boring compared to dogs in this pack, but I hope that won't be the case. Good to hear there was one cat person in the team creating the pack.

I love the tool for mixing breeds, and the pets being able to breed without the owner telling them to.

interesting you say that. i actually am fearful of cats in real life, however from the recent trailer released i want to re-create my own cat lover person and decorate the house in all cat stuff and this was based off the clothes they can wear, the game play and the personality it looks like cats can have. and i liked the cat toys i saw. i think it'll be nice all around. well... i'm hoping at least
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I saw that dogs can run away and that was my favourite
    Check out my twitter and tumblr