Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something I miss From TS4 for TS2.

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
This week Oct. 12th it was being able to save a room and plop it down on a differnt lot and connect to an already built house.
Sometimes you need a magic wand. :)
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    jmattgamingjmattgaming Posts: 18 Member
    yeah anytime I go back to TS2 after playing 4 there's always features I want to use that aren't there too. Most recently it was the search function when in buy mode aha. If it's been a while since I've played it always takes me a while to get used to everything again, it's the same whenever I switch between games, but they both have their pros and cons I think :)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    TS2 has more pros than cons, but there are some things in 4 that I'd like to bring over, like the build & buy stuff from the Vampire pack, almost all of it being straight Victorian. Like the newly discovered custom cabinets, too. TS4 badly needs the spiral staircase & Empire roof pieces. Among other things.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited October 2017
    Tell me about it! I was building cheap tri-plex style homes for my lower income area and in the tedium of building the exact floor plan over and over again I thought, "Man, I wish I could just squish Sims 2 and 4 together and make one game of them!"
    @Oldeseadogge I agree! There are so many more pros. But I would love to bring over multitasking, the drag and pull style of CAS and the drop and drag tools from building. :) Otherwise I think Sims 2 was always a better game personally. I like them all though and still play all 4 from time to time.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think the emotions would be cool in 2 with fear and memories
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    yeah anytime I go back to TS2 after playing 4 there's always features I want to use that aren't there too. Most recently it was the search function when in buy mode aha. If it's been a while since I've played it always takes me a while to get used to everything again, it's the same whenever I switch between games, but they both have their pros and cons I think :)

lol, ya, I have so much custom content I was just in game last week wishing I had that search feature where I could just type in something and go to it in buy mode, lol...it took me about thirty minutes to find it. I really need to create some collection icon/folders for all my cc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    1. MOO and resize of the objects
    2. search bar
    3. parenthood
    4. toddler slider
    5. traits
    6. open carreers
    7. some vampire stuffs.
    8. vet carreer
    9. and all the pets stuffs will add in ts4 exclusively.
    10. collecting
    11. shoes
    12. hats
    13. playable hospital
    14. neighbohours design.
    well the list is long I don't push down ts2 I love it a zilliard time than ts4 but....
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I do miss hats for any hairstyle, because the custom ones I have can't be used on all and only on short hairstyles or the hair bleeds through.

Just to add, maybe there can be a rival of TS2 modders to help create some of these, if they would, and weren't as interested in the newer games as they are. Or come out of retirement for a TS2 Revival for modders, because players have many more needs... more than ever. :)
  • Options
    TS4 CAS would be nice to bring over, provided I can keep the customization of Body Shop. Some of the build features such as the moving houses/rooms and improved basements would be nice as well.
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Having played TS2 the past couple of weekends after MANY years of being away, about the only things I REALLY wish we could bring over is not having to have so many friends to gain career promotions. I use no cheats but someone had suggested one that changes that feature. I probably should have marked it. I spend too much time making friends and not enough time helping my toddlers age up well.

Other than that, TS2 will be my passion once again for a long time to come. It's very interesting to have lost my game with a catastrophic system crash years ago, moved on to other games including TS3 and TS4, and then come back. It makes it even more clear why this game was so successful.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Having played TS2 the past couple of weekends after MANY years of being away, about the only things I REALLY wish we could bring over is not having to have so many friends to gain career promotions. I use no cheats but someone had suggested one that changes that feature. I probably should have marked it. I spend too much time making friends and not enough time helping my toddlers age up well.

Other than that, TS2 will be my passion once again for a long time to come. It's very interesting to have lost my game with a catastrophic system crash years ago, moved on to other games including TS3 and TS4, and then come back. It makes it even more clear why this game was so successful.

Incase you want to mark it for future consideration. :)http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0 it's about half way down that list.
  • Options
    *bookmarked* I'll think about it. I've always shied away from modding for any reason. But since it's the only thing I really really don't like about TS2, I will give it future consideration. :wink:
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    @RiennaTelemnar I had avoid modding when i started playing TH2 again, but now i have a tons of cc and mod :D Well, my download files is only 2GB, but it's kind of useful. Some mod are not only there to "cheat", but some add functionality (like the last one i've download, it's a Produce-Packing-Station for fish and fruit from simwardrobe) or to make the game harder (higher bills, no autonomous 20 000 simflouze given when moving on, a fridge which is empty from the beginning and such), some are even bug fix ^^
    Not trying to convince you to add mod, just giving some info :)

What i miss from the sims 4, it's basically everything that comes to the build mod. Being able to move the house you have just build in the lot because it would be best to put the house to the left while you've build it to the right, yep, this is useful !
  • Options
    1. MOO and resize of the objects
    2. search bar
    3. parenthood
    4. toddler slider
    5. traits
    6. open carreers
    7. some vampire stuffs.
    8. vet carreer
    9. and all the pets stuffs will add in ts4 exclusively.
    10. collecting
    11. shoes
    12. hats
    13. playable hospital
    14. neighbohours design.
    well the list is long I don't push down ts2 I love it a zilliard time than ts4 but....

You can collect in TS2 by going on vacations and collecting all the things to put in your glass case that came in BV. Also, digging for treasures in your backyard or on the beach etc. brings me new items not found in buy mode. Sometimes, it's something expensive in buy mode but there are shells etc. you can't in buy mode etc. Then you can brag and discuss all the things you have put in that case with others who show up at your house. They actually know you found it and not just going through a motion.

TS2 has hidden traits/skills like dancing skills, which can be looked upon as a hidden trait if they have that at an early age they can win dance contest easier than others and get more money for college etc. There are other hidden 'traits/skills'.

It's not that TS2 doesn't have some of these things but it plays them out differently to where the Sim understands they have these things rather than the player just doing it.
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Incase you want to mark it for future consideration. :)http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0 it's about half way down that list.

So I downloaded it and read the README.txt file. It says to put the file in "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder"

I replace "The Sims 2" with "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection". However, there is no Downloads folder there.

As you can see, I'm a Mod noob so I need some help. And yes, I've given up trying to have my Sims make enough friends for their careers. I read that one career needed 15 friends to reach the top. Who has time for 15 friends! :open_mouth:

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »

So I downloaded it and read the README.txt file. It says to put the file in "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder"

I replace "The Sims 2" with "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection". However, there is no Downloads folder there.

As you can see, I'm a Mod noob so I need some help. And yes, I've given up trying to have my Sims make enough friends for their careers. I read that one career needed 15 friends to reach the top. Who has time for 15 friends! :open_mouth:

You can make the Downloads folder. It is created when you open BodyShop- iirc. So, just go to your game files and create a new folder then name it Downloads with a capital D. :)
  • Options
    Sometimes, when I play Sherlock I wish he could be a detective like in TS3. That was fun for awhile. But I wish I had that career in TS2. I also miss taking him out to hunt for clues like in TS4. Maybe someone would mod me a detetive career (work from home). :)
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

You can make the Downloads folder. It is created when you open BodyShop- iirc. So, just go to your game files and create a new folder then name it Downloads with a capital D. :)

Awesome. Another question about this: which version should I use? I have all the expansions since I'm using the UC version.

• Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Awesome. Another question about this: which version should I use? I have all the expansions since I'm using the UC version.

First one on the list that says pets or higher. :)
  • Options
    AprilApril Posts: 59 Member
    I personally miss the multitasking. I enjoy being able to talk while I eat or while I watch tv. It gives it a more real life feel and makes increasing relationships so much easier. But, honestly, that's about all I miss.
  • Options
    April wrote: »
    I personally miss the multitasking. I enjoy being able to talk while I eat or while I watch tv. It gives it a more real life feel and makes increasing relationships so much easier. But, honestly, that's about all I miss.

Sims 2 sims DO talk while eating and watching tv. :/ They just don't go out of their way to hunt someone down to talk to, which is way better IMO, I will pass on the musical chairs and running down the block with their food. :s To each their own though *shrugs*
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    April wrote: »

TS3 is the only game where you must click on the other Sim to talk to them while watching TV. All others will talk to each other while watching TV. TS3 Sims don't but are silent until you make them talk during TV time. ( I complained on TS3 many times.) :)
  • Options
    TS2 Sims automatically talk among themselves in any group activity, including fishing if more than one is doing so in the same location. Have also seen cases where sims not directly involved in a 'hang out' interaction will join in if they are close enough.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    My main issue with Sims 2 is that there isn't enough clutter decor like in 3 and 4 xD Like, I guess you could get some CC, but it's not the same.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    okester wrote: »
    My main issue with Sims 2 is that there isn't enough clutter decor like in 3 and 4 xD Like, I guess you could get some CC, but it's not the same.

No, it's better. :D I recently found some sites still creating cc the extract from other games, and or new clutter and decorative objects created as late as 2015/2016 and looking in old archives of sites, and found some amazing believable clutter. Unfortunately I was on a DL binge for a about a week there, and dl about 3GB from several sites. lol
  • Options
    okester wrote: »

:D You want the same? Go and get all the deco items that have been converted from Sims 3 and 4 into 2! There is so much clutter CC out there...it is dangerous.. you just can't stop.. clutter everywhere!!! :p