Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will my computer be able to run Cats and Dogs?

2...Next

Comments

• chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Phoebebe is correct, to upgrade the cpu to something worth upgrading to would require a new motherboard then cpu, graphics card power supply and most likely ram. Only thing you wouldn't be upgrading is the hard drive.. so basically a new pc.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Phoebebe is correct, to upgrade the cpu to something worth upgrading to would require a new motherboard then cpu, graphics card power supply and most likely ram. Only thing you wouldn't be upgrading is the hard drive.. so basically a new pc.

agree and they would need a new case too. There would be no point in keeping an HP case with bad cooling and really no room for upgrades .
  • CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    My finances are absolutely terrible, right now, so I will be getting a new P.C. but piecemeal, as I have the extra cash. And then build it.

I'm just glad I can play it in my only current option, you know?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited November 2017
    Croxycook wrote: »
    My finances are absolutely terrible, right now, so I will be getting a new P.C. but piecemeal, as I have the extra cash. And then build it.

I'm just glad I can play it in my only current option, you know?

Your already lagging in the game. Just a patch can make the game more demanding to where the game won't play. Just as long as your aware this can happen. It's happened to a few people already who have slightly lower specs than you have. I would not add any more of this game to your computer. The specs are going to keep going up as you add more and more to the game

If your in the USA you can find desktops that meet requirements in the $600-700 range. Sometimes we can find them for people in the $500-600 range if we get lucky. It would cost you this much to build one yourself . Just to buy a copy of windows is around $100 and you haven't even bought the hardware for the computer

USA has the best prices and selection for computers. UK is not far behind. Other countries may have less availability and cost more for computers.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Hello! I’m a new member, so I have to ask this way. I was hoping you guys could help me pick what motherboard to get that won’t have to get replaced so soon after buying it. My whole computer isn’t turning on, but either way it’s ancient and wouldn’t run The Sims 4. I plan to make a custom PC and was wondering how exactly to do so. Should I get an iBUYPOWER custom made one? Or do you have any different company recommendations? I’d appreciate it. (:
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    floralney wrote: »
    Hello! I’m a new member, so I have to ask this way. I was hoping you guys could help me pick what motherboard to get that won’t have to get replaced so soon after buying it. My whole computer isn’t turning on, but either way it’s ancient and wouldn’t run The Sims 4. I plan to make a custom PC and was wondering how exactly to do so. Should I get an iBUYPOWER custom made one? Or do you have any different company recommendations? I’d appreciate it. (:

Hi ,
    I will PM you so i can help better :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide