Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend chat

1235...Next

Comments

• mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Honestly, this whole season, I've been pretty iffy if I'm going to continue watching or not and I think last night's episode convinced me to not watch for a while. This is not what I signed up for.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Honestly, this whole season, I've been pretty iffy if I'm going to continue watching or not and I think last night's episode convinced me to not watch for a while. This is not what I signed up for.

I've been waiting an extra week to watch the new episodes. It's not exactly surprise where it is going... and I can't say I'm against it. But some things did happen way more suddenly than they should've. Makes even a week between episodes seem like too little time.

If that makes any sense, I don't know.
    unknown.png
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member

I've been waiting an extra week to watch the new episodes. It's not exactly surprise where it is going... and I can't say I'm against it. But some things did happen way more suddenly than they should've. Makes even a week between episodes seem like too little time.

No, I agree, it's was made clear it would end up here eventually and I'm not against it. But I'm dealing with my own stuff and watching this isn't going to help me. If that makes sense.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member

No, I agree, it's was made clear it would end up here eventually and I'm not against it. But I'm dealing with my own stuff and watching this isn't going to help me. If that makes sense.

I see.
    unknown.png
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member

I haven't seen the new episode yet but I read on Rachel's twitter that it's pretty heavy. Personally I reckon it'll be right up my street, I love the dark, depressing stuff, but of course if you're not in a place to watch it then do what you need to do for yourself. After all, it's only a programme so theres no need to watch it ever if you don't want to. Hope you feel better soon anyway <3
  • VeaumVeaum Posts: 179 Member
    Been watching Crazy Ex GF for a while and all caught up with it. Personally I love where the show is going. Rarely do you see a show explore mental health and possible personality disorders (by the season 3 opening I think they're hinting at this).

The newest episode was definitely a bit too heavy and I wish they showed a trigger warning or just any kind of warning before the episode began (I may of missed it if they did have one). Because, while it doesn't effect me personally, I was lurking on the reddit page for the show and it seems it effected a lot of people quite heavily.

But, anyway, I think the show is going amazing and is opening up a lot of people to the world of mental health and what it can really do to you.
    Intel core i7 7700K
    16GB Kingston hyper X fury
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    MSI Z270-A PRO
    1TB HD
    480GB SSD
    Veaum wrote: »
    Been watching Crazy Ex GF for a while and all caught up with it. Personally I love where the show is going. Rarely do you see a show explore mental health and possible personality disorders (by the season 3 opening I think they're hinting at this).

The newest episode was definitely a bit too heavy and I wish they showed a trigger warning or just any kind of warning before the episode began (I may of missed it if they did have one). Because, while it doesn't effect me personally, I was lurking on the reddit page for the show and it seems it effected a lot of people quite heavily.

But, anyway, I think the show is going amazing and is opening up a lot of people to the world of mental health and what it can really do to you.

I think they were hinting towards possible personality disorders before season 3, like in the song Boy Band of Four Joshes (or whatever it was called!) from season 1 :tongue:
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    @mintycupcake do what feels right to you. Take care of yourself. :)

Personally I didn't find it that heavy, since I saw some warnings on Twitter that it would be heavy so I kind of knew where it was going. I was watching while hugging a pillow and I kept waiting for it to shock me or something but it didn't. My sister and bro-in-law were in the next room so maybe it was just kinda awkward for me since I didn't want to get emotional since they could see me. My whole life is one attempt at avoiding awkwardness after another. (Holy alliteration, batman!)
    giphy.gif

So, finally got around to watching the newest episode. I can absolutely see why so many people were triggered by this one. The whole time I was sort of bracing myself (kinda like you I guess @KATENESS ) and thinking it wasn't so bad, but those last few minutes hit me pretty hard pretty personally. I'm really interested to see what happens next week. It's always difficult when shows like this tackle serious issues seriously, and I hope it continues to do so and doesn't make too much of a joke out of this but equally I look forward to some joy for Rebecca and more lightheartedness soon.

Hugs if ya need 'em.

<3
    edited November 2017
    I haven’t seen the new ep yet but I googled an article because I was dying to know Rebecca’s diagnosis, and I CALLED IT. Maybe not to you but I assure you I called it to everyone else who would listen. :tongue: Looking forward to the ep and seeing how they deal with this in the future because this disorder in particular seems to have so much awful stigma attached to it and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a decent representation of it, especially not one in which it’s named so aahhh yay CXG.
    Post edited by samemie on
    edited November 2017
    Okay I'm sorry for posting here so much but that episode was... real. I love how well researched and accurate everything is.

edit: also I just saw that next week's episode title is the first one without Josh's name in it. GUYS.
    Post edited by samemie on
  • VeaumVeaum Posts: 179 Member
    samemie wrote: »
    Okay I'm sorry for posting here so much but that episode was... real. I love how well researched and accurate everything is.

edit: also I just saw that next week's episode title is the first one without Josh's name in it. GUYS.

I know!! I'm so excited Josh is now truly irrelevant to the story. I have a feeling that will just make him want Rebecca even more which will be annoying but still!! I'm so happy she's finally getting the help she needs.
    Intel core i7 7700K
    16GB Kingston hyper X fury
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    MSI Z270-A PRO
    1TB HD
    480GB SSD