Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod to have darker nights?

CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
There is a general issue in many games that the nights are just not dark enough. If a game is moddable, usually one of the first things that I do is turn to lighting mods to create a more realistic night atmosphere.

TS4 has one of the brightest nights that I've seen. I would definitely love a fix for the issue.

If someone is aware of such a thing or if you are able to lead me to the files where I can try to experiment for myself, please do. I would be so grateful.
I3Ml5Om.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Luumiasims No blu lighting mod
    Things look darker especially if you aren’t close to a light source
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    Thank you for the response @CupcakeWitch.

I have that mod already and it's very good at getting rid of that horrible blue lighting. I also use the mod that keeps the Sims themselves from glowing as if they are lit from within. Unfortunately, the nights are still so bright. I'm not sure why games continue to do this.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    @Cynna the only thing I can think of is those reshading mods (like how some give the game more color, red rints, or put the whole game black and white, etc). But I never use them since I can’t really understand the instructions
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2017
    TS4 really does need a mod like this because compared to the other games, TS4 is way too bright for it to actually be night. WB is dark but not as dark as FH, and I feel even WB in some areas (out in the wooded areas) needs darker skies and more stars.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @CupcakeWitch , thanks for the pointer. I'll see if I can find something like that. It might help.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    TS4 really does need a mod like this because compared to the other games, TS4 is way too bright for it to actually be night. WB is dark but not as dark as FH, and I feel even WB in some areas (out in the wooded areas) needs darker skies and more stars.

Exactly. Especially in Granite Falls, it's too darn bright.

I3Ml5Om.jpg