Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Origin Sale - Up to 50% Off

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Elle_4 wrote: »
    Hello, does anyone know how long this sale will last? Like can I wait untill monday? AND does anyone have both City Living and Get to work? Because I'm really torn between those two, so any more information is welcome. Which would you guys choose if you would only get one of them?

Hello @Elle_4
    These guides to City Living and Get to Work contain information about the features of the packs, and pictures of the build/buy mode and cas mode items. They may help you to decide
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-to-work-game-guide/
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited October 2017
    @Elle_4 Regarding the question whether to chose GTW or CL, that is very difficult to answer as the Expansions bring fundamentally different features to the game.
    GTW: Fortunately, I have never had issues with the active careers, but quite a few people have. I have to admit they become repetative though and after the sim reached the top level I rarely go to work with them. CAS has been done well, I would not want to miss the jewlery and hairstyles that come with this pack. Build mode obviously comes with a lot of office furniture, but there is still good stuff there. Also you get the baking skill and aliens.
    CL: I love the city feeling and think the pack does that well. The new dishes are great, especially if you have Dine Out. But the festivals are bugged unfortunately, particularly because NPCs will dress like maniacs. (At the Romance festival: Oh, that's a beautiful pink dress! How original to combine it with yellow gloves, red socks, purple shoes and a top hat!) That really spoils the fun for me sometimes. CAS is pretty great. There could have been more hairstyles, but the swatches of the items are awesome and I adore all the gowns. Build mode is awesome and colorful. Worth it just for the carpets, especially due to the size up tool. And you get the singing skill.

So both expansions have their pros and cons.
    Hope this helps!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • ZalmiraZalmira Posts: 3 New Member
    Been thinking about getting S4 for quite a bit now, $150 for everything is not bad, but I don't want to leave myself broke all week =/
    Decisions, decisions...
  • SmokingFoxSaysSmokingFoxSays Posts: 79 Member
    They are having crazy deals on the packs if you grow thru Origin right now. They even have a few bundle deals. I got the remaining expansion packs I needed and a few others this morning.....I mean it was a steal of a deal I could not pass up. I'm a sucker for Sim Stuff what can I say.... Thank you @Netzspannung for that insight on CL :)
    https://smokingfoxsays.com/
    (Check out the link, for my Sim Story Blog : SIMPEAKS)
    Watch me play:
    https://twitch.tv/smokingfoxsays

To those about to Sim I Salute you :)

Zalmira wrote: »
    Been thinking about getting S4 for quite a bit now, $150 for everything is not bad, but I don't want to leave myself broke all week =/
    Decisions, decisions...

Hello @Zalmira . Welcome to the forums :)
    It is a great time to buy Sims 4 if you would like to, as well as other packs. Happy simming! :)
  • meredisumeredisu Posts: 112 Member
    edited October 2017
    I only have the base game and Get Together...but I always find myself super bored in S4, so I was thinking of buying an expansion pack, but I'm so torn between City Living, Get To Work and Vampires. :/ I'm almost sure I'll get City Living, plus one other, but I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and get Vampires (I loved the supernatural s3 expansion pack) or GTW. I'd ideally love to get all three, but it is totally impossible right now. :(

Opinions?
    Simblr: meresimblr.tumblr.com
    <p><b>--Mere</b>
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    meredisu wrote: »
    I only have the base game and Get Together...but I always find myself super bored in S4, so I was thinking of buying an expansion pack, but I'm so torn between City Living, Get To Work and Vampires. :/ I'm almost sure I'll get City Living, plus one other, but I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and get Vampires (I loved the supernatural s3 expansion pack) or GTW. I'd ideally love to get all three, but it is totally impossible right now. :(

Opinions?

I have had GTW since last December and felt meh about it. But I started playing the detective career (which was previously glitch for me) and I love it! Plus I use a lot of CAS assets frequently.
  • CatherinewrightyCatherinewrighty Posts: 1 New Member
    Guys, not sure if you know but you can get the sims 4 packs really cheaply here:

https://www.g2a.com/r/user-59e33f14afa89

It's awesome, check it out!
  • Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    > @Zalmira said:
    > Been thinking about getting S4 for quite a bit now, $150 for everything is not bad, but I don't want to leave myself broke all week =/
    > Decisions, decisions...

that's alot of money to spend on TS in one go.. but i bet i spend more buying things individually you can find some good deals on g2a (if you want only downloads) or ebay for hard copies?
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
    > @Catherinewrighty said:
    > Guys, not sure if you know but you can get the sims 4 packs really cheaply here:
    >
    > https://www.g2a.com/r/user-59e33f14afa89
    >
    > It's awesome, check it out!
    >

Yeah i bought some expansion packs from here yesterday! :) g2a rocks

Katie123
    > @meredisu said:
    > I only have the base game and Get Together...but I always find myself super bored in S4, so I was thinking of buying an expansion pack, but I'm so torn between City Living, Get To Work and Vampires. :/ I'm almost sure I'll get City Living, plus one other, but I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and get Vampires (I loved the supernatural s3 expansion pack) or GTW. I'd ideally love to get all three, but it is totally impossible right now. :(
    >
    > Opinions?

city living is really cool i never had the city one in the sims 3 so it seemed very new and exciting to me. I loved living in the apartments and decorating the interior but be mindful that you cant change the room sizes because its an apartment. I liked how everything was with in sim walking distance and you can get involved in so many events with in the city pack. it's a great pack in my eyes. i also have the get to work one which is awesome if you want to get your sim to get to a good level in their career although because sims lives are so short i turn off autonomy so then i have more time to spend on my sim. i love how you can be a scientist but my favourite is being a hospital/dr worker.
    i do have the vampire one it's not really my thing i find it very easy to achieve the targets to get to the top vampire rank but if you loved supernatural then you would probably prefer that? the tasks are good and can be fun :) i hope you decide soon haha

Katie123
  • ShemaShema Posts: 56 Member
    I'm going to buy City Living tomorrow ^^
  • Ava_Rose86Ava_Rose86 Posts: 116 Member
    I got City Living which I'm really excited about, I'll have some free time tomorrow to explore that game :smile:
    Ava_Rose86 wrote: »
    I got City Living which I'm really excited about, I'll have some free time tomorrow to explore that game :smile:

I love CL. Its so gorgeous and I just love it!
    Shema wrote: »
    I'm going to buy City Living tomorrow ^^
    Ava_Rose86 wrote: »

Hello :) You will enjoy having City Living! It is great seeing our sims living in their city apartments and visiting festivals! .
    Happy simming! :)
  • AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    I'm so glad I saw this, because I wouldn't have realized there was a sale at all! I just got Spooky Stuff which I was missing~ Can't wait to get a Seasons EP to use with it eventually xD
  • djmollsinodjmollsino Posts: 33 Member
    if only I hadn't bought spooky stuff last month :'( could've saved a few bucks!
  • AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    > @meredisu said:
    > I only have the base game and Get Together...but I always find myself super bored in S4, so I was thinking of buying an expansion pack, but I'm so torn between City Living, Get To Work and Vampires. :/ I'm almost sure I'll get City Living, plus one other, but I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and get Vampires (I loved the supernatural s3 expansion pack) or GTW. I'd ideally love to get all three, but it is totally impossible right now. :(
    >
    > Opinions?

As much as I love Supernatural stuff, I tend not to use my Vampires pack as often as Get to Work. However, the new little neighborhood it brings is really neat and spooky looking (if small) and I like a lot of the decor and CAS stuff it adds! I think Get to Work might add more things to do, though; I really love going with my Sim to work in the hospital and tend to patients, for example.
    Before I buy packs, if I have to choose, I always go watch lazygamereviews on youtube, lol. He always makes it so much easier to decide what pack is worth it!
    I'm so glad I saw this, because I wouldn't have realized there was a sale at all! I just got Spooky Stuff which I was missing~ Can't wait to get a Seasons EP to use with it eventually xD

Hello :)
    It was great that you were able to buy Spooky Stuff at a great price! I hope that you enjoy using the items for Halloween!
  • muminek85muminek85 Posts: 175 Member
    I am quite excited about the sale. I just got the pumpkin carving station, which builds handiness and an amusing candy bowl. Both in Spooky Stuff at 50% off.

@Elle_4, I like City living for immediate gratification. It is pretty, fun, an has brand new apartments. The festivals are fun, the clothes and items are nice. With get to work, I play the doctor and detective and enjoy both. I have not tried the scientist yet. Aliens are cool, but they keep getting freaked out from their disguise being found out. I like that they are different colors. My sim has a green baby with his wife and a purple one from abduction. That said, I am very happy I bought both, but during two different sales. Not sure if that helps you..
    :no_mouth:
  • djmollsinodjmollsino Posts: 33 Member
    really wish this 50% were applicable to the new EP, lol.
  • UnluckywolfUnluckywolf Posts: 60 Member
    I'm kinda debating with myself if I should get City Living. Part of my wishes I hadn't gotten the Get Together pack and knows I only got it because it was on sell. I'm wondering if I would feel the same way, or if I would wind up regretting not getting it.
  • simsiloveusimsiloveu Posts: 17 Member
    > @Unluckywolf said:
    > I'm kinda debating with myself if I should get City Living. Part of my wishes I hadn't gotten the Get Together pack and knows I only got it because it was on sell. I'm wondering if I would feel the same way, or if I would wind up regretting not getting it.

Every EP has its own features.

If you want to live in the apartment and feels the pleasure in the great height from the ground, I recommend "City Living".
    CL is really featured in Sims 4 because in the past Sims, there were no similar EP with this. Moreover there are new skills, basketball+karaoke, and new careers, social media and

If you want to get more complicated interactions among sims, and have a big world Windenburg, I recommend "Get Together".
    The "club" in GT is really useful all the time, and it varies according to what kind of it you create, e.g., the gardening clubs, and the exercise clubs...Last but not least, kids can be added into clubs, too! This really makes relationships among sims develop "easier and faster".
    I'm kinda debating with myself if I should get City Living. Part of my wishes I hadn't gotten the Get Together pack and knows I only got it because it was on sell. I'm wondering if I would feel the same way, or if I would wind up regretting not getting it.

Get it. I love it, and the opportunities it brings. Do your research but I would go for it. I was worried to and I'm so glad I went for it.
  • Darstan64Darstan64 Posts: 433 Member
    Thank you rosemow for that info on city living, i just got it for 50% off, was so happy when I went to play the sims 4 and saw that it was on sale when i logged into origin. I hadn't played sims 4 in a while but always loved Bridgeport in sims 3 so enjoying this a lot in sims 4 :)