Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Plans For University Pack And Lots Of Upcoming Packs

It looks like they don't have plans for Uni EP for now, or they're not saying because they can't. Also, It looks like The Sims 4 is far from over. :)

I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

Comments

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Still hoping for a School pack ! :lol:
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    So if they are not planning it now then it won't be one of the next two eps?

I'm pretty sure seasons is next but what could be after seasons other that uni?
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    Farming ! :smiley:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I'm still holding out for a hopeful entertainment type GP, or EP, if that's what it takes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    edited October 2017
    University will probably be a future GP. It was very well received, thus probably very profitable. It isn't the #1 need RN for The Sims 4 and they are probably prioritizing and working on other things currently. But I expect a Uni GP in the future, just maybe not this year, maybe not even next year. But in the future, sometime.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    Personally, I feel Seasons will be the next EP. I am hoping that they add Uni after that, because my sims-- they are aging soon :P
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    I'm still holding out for a hopeful entertainment type GP, or EP, if that's what it takes.

What kind of entertainment? :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Farming!!!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member
    Agh that’s not what I wanted to hear! University is probably my favourite Sims pack... if they’re not working on it currently then we might get it when... 2020? I’m getting too old for this!
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited October 2017
    Well, I'm not entirely sure what they mean by "lots more", "lots" being rather subjective and with how often SPs are made for the game, half of those could be SPs, but I'll stay on the more positive side and hope this means the Sims 4 will be recieving plenty more GPs and EPs. I also agree, this seems to suggest the Sims 4 is far from over in terms of content being released for it.

If I had to wager a guess on the next EP, mine would be Seasons. Not because I really want it, but because hints are already appearing for it.
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Farming!!!

They could add farming with Seasons.
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Farming!!!

They could add farming with Seasons.

But I'd like a rural world and seasons in all the worlds. I'm not sure they can do both in a single EP. So two EPs would be fine for me as long as everything is well integrated together.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Wow........ That's disappointing.
    I really want seasons and university... If we get seasons next year, maybe then 2 years from now university? That could fit "no plans right now" right?
    Cinders27 wrote: »
    Agh that’s not what I wanted to hear! University is probably my favourite Sims pack... if they’re not working on it currently then we might get it when... 2020? I’m getting too old for this!

hehe. Me too. Uni is also one of (if not my most) favorite EPs. I kinda like how they did it with TS2, where they made Uni the first pack, it's easier for story progression because you don't have to hold your teens from growing up. Then NL and OfB. Then things that should be in the world like Pets and Seasons.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Ahh.. The famous "no plans for it right now". What does the "right now" really mean? Right now as in for the next EP? Right now as in "maybe in the far far future"? Or maybe as in "university is not planned for this iteration"?

Sad to hear this, as just today I posted about missing university in my game... Let's hope it'll come back eventually, even as the very last EP/GP for the game!

• Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I wouldn't worry. It could be misleading for one thing (an over all "back to school" game pack could be planned). But I realize it isn't for me to say as I do not care for Uni expansions anyway. So I could understand the concern if that's your main favourite pack
  • Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    > @Petarce123 said:
    > It looks like they don't have plans for Uni EP for now, or they're not saying because they can't. Also, It looks like The Sims 4 is far from over. :)
    >
    > https://twitter.com/SimGuruSarah/status/917809434893598721

thanks for the update. also do you like guns n roses? your twitter name is similar haha
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    Ahh.. The famous "no plans for it right now". What does the "right now" really mean? Right now as in for the next EP? Right now as in "maybe in the far far future"? Or maybe as in "university is not planned for this iteration"?

Sad to hear this, as just today I posted about missing university in my game... Let's hope it'll come back eventually, even as the very last EP/GP for the game!

I think it just means that it could still end up in plans but isn't yet? I'd rather have Active School of some kind, maybe or maybe not including post-teens. I feels like I "lose" my kids & teens for so much gameplay time. At least YA+ there are active career options.

But also, farming would be great! I hope that's "in the plans" :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited October 2017
    Parenthood was kind of like University, but keeping it in the family.

You know what University did? It took your Sim away from home and into another world.

On the other hand, a University pack according to the Sims 4 engine would take your Sim away from home, leaving your Sims at home to do... pretty much nothing besides go to work and taking you completely out of contact with your family, leaving them to grow up completely randomly just like when you take a character to Get To Work and leave somebody at home. Only ALL THE TIME, not just for a few hours like when you go to work.

Doesn't sound so much fun to me.

I don't know about farming. I don't want to play a farming simulator when I've got plant-pots already. Keeping farm animals is somewhat different though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

You know what University did? It took your Sim away from home and into another world.

On the other hand, a University pack according to the Sims 4 engine would take your Sim away from home, leaving your Sims at home to do... pretty much nothing besides go to work and taking you completely out of contact with your family, leaving them to grow up completely randomly just like when you take a character to Get To Work and leave somebody at home. Only ALL THE TIME, not just for a few hours like when you go to work.

I don't know about farming. I don't want to play a farming simulator when I've got plant-pots already. Keeping farm animals is somewhat different though.

I'm not entirely sure but I think aging freezes while sims are at university. Generally university would take several sim weeks to complete so if aging was on you would return to all children being adults and adults perhaps at the end of their lives. It's more like a break from the main family in the same way that playing another family would be.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

Basically this is how it already was in Sims 2 and 3. You took your sim out of the family to a separate world only for the duration of the classes. But sims at home didn't change or age and sims at university also did not age. So that's not really a "problem" unique to Sims 4.

I think it would be interesting if you still could travel back and forth between the worlds, so have a sim attending classes on campus but living at home, OR having the option to live on campus in dorm. It would be up to the player to have aging on or off for other households just as it already is. Potentially, Sims 4 could have a better university pack than previous editions. And just because they have no plans 'right now' doesn't mean we will not ever see it.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

I don't think I would mind if they age. It depends because I get the problem if you leave a child sim at home and then when you come back they're an adult but I would still like them to age a bit to make it more realistic. And as long as I can switch back and forth between sims at university and the rest of the family at home.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    I never took a single sim through university because of the isolation and consumption of time. As a rotational player, one game week is as much as I can stand in one household, and you could do any of the careers without a degree. I got it in a bundle and it was a useless pack to me.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm glad to hear that University is not coming anytime soon I need Seasons long before we get another pack I really don't see myself using for its main feature and only possible objects or side features like bands or a pool table. I really hope they change it up and give us a High School game pack instead I use my teens much more and would love a new experience for them instead of a 3rd University expansion.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"