Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New IDEAS for a SEASONS Expansion!

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2018
    Also I want greenhouses in Seasons to be able to grow my harvestables in winter. :)
    7c04cec7815eaf95e74aa055fa8a9e63--glass-houses-sims-cc.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Also there shouldn't be the same weather in each world at the same time, e.g. It shouldn't be raining or snowing in every world at the same time

I have thought of the same idea before! I think it'd be great to be able to customize climates for each world! This would make them even more unique.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited April 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    > @ohmyohmy said:
    > Hmm.. :o I would really like farming and a rural world in a seasons pack.

This! And I was also thinking a farmer's market during summer. Where your sims can set up shop and sell their farming goods!

Seasons is a huge pack all by itself, it doesn't even come with a new world, that's how big it is. Farming, done properly should be a huge EP on it's own, so why would you try and shove those two huge packs into one pack? Both would suffer greatly.

I completely agree. I think I want a few packs to be released that don't have any new worlds. Worlds seem to take so much resources from the developers' time! I want to see them solely focusing on packs that release new in-depth skills, gameplay mechanics, interactions, and simply an array of new things for their everyday lives. I LOVE the worlds in Sims 4 more than any past iteration because of the gorgeous art style but I know that the game is in need of packs solely devoted to new mechanics and nothing else. Seasons traditionally doesn't come with a new world and I hope the same will be of Sims 4. That way they could bring back festivals, fun holidays, and a plethora of outdoor activities and happenings to make every season and weather event more unique and fun! :)
  • babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
    I really like the idea of seasons and to make it more relastic
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    How about those water features many cities have which people can get in to cool down? It could be a misting arch or something or some kind of water spout that kids can play in during the hot summer.

I would also like to see some kind of buff (maybe random, maybe trait oriented) for seasonal affective disorder.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    domina89 wrote: »
    How about those water features many cities have which people can get in to cool down? It could be a misting arch or something or some kind of water spout that kids can play in during the hot summer.

I would also like to see some kind of buff (maybe random, maybe trait oriented) for seasonal affective disorder.

We have that butt fountain that sims can play in. That would work to cool sims off.
    edited April 2018
    domina89 wrote: »

We have that butt fountain that sims can play in. That would work to cool sims off.

You could also jump in the pool to cool down... or drink a cold drink like water or orange juice...

Or drink a hot drink to get your temperature high like a tea or hot chocolate. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Also there shouldn't be the same weather in each world at the same time, e.g. It shouldn't be raining or snowing in every world at the same time

I have thought of the same idea before! I think it'd be great to be able to customize climates for each world! This would make them even more unique.

Actually weather not carrying over to each world wouldn't be too hard to do, although different settings for each might be tougher.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want a santa sorta like grim reaper that comes on a special day and puts presents under the tree!
    Some world's like oasis springs should not snow because it doesn't snow in deserts but they could add a chilly moodlet for oasis springs even without snow?

I want santa to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    AmeliaNova wrote: »
    I'm just hoping we don't get a plum ton of useless decals this time around :(

me to
    I hope there will be ice skating on frozen ponds and hot chocolate stands in Winter. :)

BTW this is what the Death by Overheating should look like when temperatures are too high and your Sims is out too long. :) (Like in Spa Day, just outside the sauna)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvJOId8rMFA

I do not want sims dropping dead left and right from the heat. I do want there to be heat and cold issues and, if left unresolved, that could lead to a death, but dropping like flies is not for me.

I admit that the video is quite exaggerated, but it's the only one I found. :)
    Heat and cold issues that lead to death (by Overheating (already in Spa Day) and freezing) when your Sims are standing outside for TOO long is what I'm requesting as well. This video was one I found that showed the sauna death from Spa Day outside, which makes it look like they die from the heat instead of sauna.

Let's imagine if you own Seasons, it's one of those rare days when it's VERY HOT outside and this group of people stood there for 3-4 hours without going inside. Then they all die from Overheating. Townies and non-played Sims will autonomously go inside during these very hot days.

I don't want Sims to die when they're out for like 5 minutes. I want the Sims to die by overheating when it's really hot outside and they are outside too long (let's say 2-3 hours?). You will be warned with an Uncomfortable buff beforehand, just like with the sauna.

I would like this
    Also I want greenhouses in Seasons to be able to grow my harvestables in winter. :)

yes please
    alan650111 wrote: »
    > @ohmyohmy said:
    > Hmm.. :o I would really like farming and a rural world in a seasons pack.

This! And I was also thinking a farmer's market during summer. Where your sims can set up shop and sell their farming goods!

Seasons is a huge pack all by itself, it doesn't even come with a new world, that's how big it is. Farming, done properly should be a huge EP on it's own, so why would you try and shove those two huge packs into one pack? Both would suffer greatly.

I completely agree. I think I want a few packs to be released that don't have any new worlds. Worlds seem to take so much resources from the developers' time! I want to see them solely focusing on packs that release new in-depth skills, gameplay mechanics, interactions, and simply an array of new things for their everyday lives. I LOVE the worlds in Sims 4 more than any past iteration because of the gorgeous art style but I know that the game is in need of packs solely devoted to new mechanics and nothing else. Seasons traditionally doesn't come with a new world and I hope the same will be of Sims 4. That way they could bring back festivals, fun holidays, and a plethora of outdoor activities and happenings to make every season and weather event more unique and fun! :)

me to
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Actually weather not carrying over to each world wouldn't be too hard to do, although different settings for each might be tougher.

That was done in TS2, what's the problem?
  • Matthewsims123Matthewsims123 Posts: 37 Member
    I want it so u can choose what kind of weather I can have for each world
    MERMAIDS AND FAIRIES AND WEREWOLVES PLZZ AND WITCHES
    Since they are adding seasons and summer they should make all water seimmabke which means the beach in brindleton bay and maybe in the summer people will put beach towels town and play in the sand and the brindleton bay beach will be crowded and full of swimmers , sun tanners and kids playing with beach balls , elders in chairs under beach umbrellas and pets and toddlers making sand castles, and maybe even mermaids but I think they should be saved for their own pack so there can be under water world and lots and mermaids with powers and mermaids of all ages not just teens and up
    Also can u guys bring back Santa with seasons and holidays and maybe open neighborhoods option so when we get seasons trick or treating is easier
    We also need create a world cause they take to long to make worlds,
    edited April 2018
    We also need create a world cause they take to long to make worlds,

Or at least the option to edit existing worlds, like with a Neighborhood Edit mode, where you can add certain objects like benches, street lights and food stands to the neighborhoods. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited April 2018
    None of these ideas are new.

We will never be able to edit S4 worlds. They can't so you can be sure we can't.

We will never be allowed to create our own worlds. The specs are so tight (as proven by upping the specs for BB release) that we will never be able to add our own worlds due to lagging and game crashing. Saves are not one world as in past versions, but a save is every world loaded at once for the ease of traveling between them. So the more worlds added to a save, the more difficult it will be to play without issues. You all know this already.
    edited May 2018
    Sprinklers could also fit very well into Seasons. :)
    We got sprinklers with Sims 2: Seasons and Sims 3 Base Game.
    latest?cb=20140626102406
    MTS_BrazenLotus-1744747-sprinkler.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • A_Really_Sad_PersonA_Really_Sad_Person Posts: 2 New Member
    I like it, maybe new festivals in the city
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Add real plantsims for god's sake *facepalm*
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I want a santa sorta like grim reaper that comes on a special day and puts presents under the tree!
    Some world's like oasis springs should not snow because it doesn't snow in deserts but they could add a chilly moodlet for oasis springs even without snow?

The largest desert in the world is covered in snow.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.