Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New IDEAS for a SEASONS Expansion!

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    DumbDoreen wrote: »
    I feel like at this point seasons should be a game pack instead of an expansion. Unless seasons was rolled into a vacation styled expansion too (special vacation lots only accessible in certain seasons e.g. a skiing resort in winter) there are already a few bits that has been added to the game that seasons addressed previous Sims games.

Seasons is the 2nd largest selling item besides Pets EP so it probably wouldn't be a game pack.

Plus, it's far too large data-wise to fit in a GP and be any fun to play.
  • BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    WillKDavid wrote: »
    Winter:
    No school snow days
    Santa Clause npc character for Christmas
    Icicles form on homes
    make snow cream

Spring:
    Kite flying
    Allergies
    Easter egg hunts with Easter Bunny npc character

Summer:
    Sun bathing
    Bee stings
    Fireworks
    Kids can have lemonade stand

Autumn:
    Apple cider making

There is also no school in the summer.
  • DavidNDavidN Posts: 3 New Member
    General:
    Mermaids (have own tombstone, own plumbob, have hydration need), appear beach and ocean
    DavidN wrote: »
    General:
    Mermaids (have own tombstone, own plumbob, have hydration need), appear beach and ocean

A blue plumbob with waves carved into it maybe?
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    DavidN wrote: »
    General:

They should expand on the PlantSim occult in Seasons, because they're sooo bad compared to previous games. They could have so many fun abilities from previous games, so much wasted potential.
    PlantSims also should be a permanent lifestate in Seasons and it's the most fitting occult for the pack because it's natural
    a256aFi.gif
    edited January 2018
    Also there shouldn't be the same weather in each world at the same time, e.g. It shouldn't be raining or snowing in every world at the same time
    a256aFi.gif
  • SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    I want a santa sorta like grim reaper that comes on a special day and puts presents under the tree!
    Some world's like oasis springs should not snow because it doesn't snow in deserts but they could add a chilly moodlet for oasis springs even without snow?
  • AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    I'm just hoping we don't get a crap ton of useless decals this time around :(
  • AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    Everyone's mentioned the big stuff I'd like to see (festivals, return of greenhouses.) So I'll mention some little stuff. Does anyone remember how in Sims 2, each season had little bonuses? Spring gave a bonus to romantic interactions, summer gave a bonus to friendly interactions, fall increased skill gain, and winter gave a bonus to family interactions. The bonuses don't have to be the exact same as Sims 2 but I wouldn't mind seeing that come back.

Also with snowman building, I'd like to see traits give different options. Like evil/mean sims can make monster snowmen, goofballs can make silly snowmen, etc. Plus aliens and vampires can make their own versions of snowmen.

I'd also like to see making juices with harvestables come back and like in Sims 2, certain juices have certain effects (faster homework, cooling/warming sims, etc.)

This all sound so cute!!! I love it!!!
  • AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    I love everyone's ideas. This is what I would like to see:

Spring:
    Kite flying
    Florist career/picking flowers and making bouquets in vases
    Egg hunt
    New seeds (daffodils, snowdrop, tulip etc.)
    Picnics
    More trees that have flowers on them
    Swing-sets and swings that hang from trees

Summer:
    Sunburn
    Kiddie pools (plastic) and their swimsuits
    Remote control boats in fountains and lakes
    Ice cream trucks/stalls
    Pool Party social event
    Water balloon fights
    Lemonade stands for kids/teens - the proceeds can go to them or a cause

Autumn:
    Leaf piles appear: kids and toddlers play in/adults and teens can rake
    Hot apple cider recipe
    Cider doughnut recipe
    Apple/pumpkin picking

Winter:
    Ice skating on frozen ponds
    Snowball fights
    Hot chocolate recipe/stands
    Snowman making
    Shoveling the snow teens/adults

This is a very long list oops ;P
  • knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    I was just thinking about this the other day and I really want some SPICY food on Sims. I love ginger and horseradish for the burn! I love cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and fall spices. I love hot cinnamon candies, especially in the winter.

But I don't like much anything more spicy than a jalapeno pepper. So if I made some food and someone came behind me and spiced it up, that would really surprise me. I might try to eat it and get a bad moodlet from too much spice. Or I might get a moodlet where I powered through it and sort of enjoyed it. If it is very cold outside, some spicy food might make me feel warmer and energized. If I feel a little sleepy or bored, it would definitely wake me up.

When I look at the list of sims food, none of it to me looks very spicy. So after a while it might get a bit boring. So maybe you could grow peppers and spices. Then you could prepare a normal version of food and a spicy version. You can grow some peppers and spices and make different blends. You could have that one sim who always has a bottle in of hot sauce and spices every food.

You can spice up some food for mischief. You can dare someone to eat spicy food. You can eat a pepper or a spice alone and breath fire. This could be mischief if you breathed fire at someone. It wouldn't hurt them, just scare them or singe a few hairs on their head.

What is your favorite spicy food? How much can you take?

I also like sour stuff sometimes too. It isn't something that I have really thought about, but I guess now and then maybe I would get a thought that some sour candy might be good. It has been a while though, and the last time it was some sour apple pop rocks.

They should have more weird food on the sims too. Something that looks like strings, balls, glitter, shapes, and just weird. Like molecular gastronomy. You don't really know what it is you are about to eat, but it sure looks colorful. It is like all the flavor of a food condensed into one bite or formed into tiny frozen orbs or strands of colorful spaghetti noodles.

You could also have weird food combinations that some insane sims, goofy sims or childish sims could come up with. Gummy bear pancakes actually sound pretty good and not that weird.

I mean maybe they could make something really weird with ingredients that exist in the game. Like fish yogurt, banana fish casserole, turkey stuffed with gummy bears, Mashed Potatoes Parfait with mixed fruit, Macaroni and cheese cookies...well just weird stuff...whatever you can think of.
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    How about weather traits for each world? Same as lot traits.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited January 2018
    Functional fans, heaters, air conditioning, central heating units that would make sims feel cooler/warmer indoors (and also update the fireplaces to have this functionality too), instead of the indoor temperature already being comfortable by default like in previous games.

Also the return of diving boards and pool slides.
  • DavidNDavidN Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > DavidN wrote: »
    >
    > General:
    > Mermaids (have own tombstone, own plumbob, have hydration need), appear beach and ocean
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > A blue plumbob with waves carved into it maybe?

Correctly!
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Functional fans, heaters, air conditioning, central heating units that would make sims feel cooler/warmer indoors (and also update the fireplaces to have this functionality too), instead of the indoor temperature already being comfortable by default like in previous games.

Also the return of diving boards and pool slides.

A functional heating system would also be cool! :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • kismetkismet Posts: 61 Member
    All of these ideas are excellent and I'm not sure what the heck I could add. But I would suggest new misfortunes added to the game to make it more interesting involving the seasons. Also someone had mentioned NPCs in the beginning. An annoying easter bunny npc would be awesome. Easter egg hunts. Sakura trees with falling leaves. There could be a new dedicated neighborhood that looks different in every season. We have a Cherry blossom festival in Philly, so having a beautiful Eastern Styled bridge with water flowing under and cherry blossom trees lining it would be gorgeous. I remember the lighting change on Sims 2 seasons, it was beautiful - definitely keep that.
  • kismetkismet Posts: 61 Member
    We definitely need to add tons more food options to the game as well. Different teas and coffees to make according to seasons. Some foods are only unlock able during the season it's in. Who knows
    edited March 2018
    I hope there will be ice skating on frozen ponds and hot chocolate stands in Winter. :)

BTW this is what the Death by Overheating should look like when temperatures are too high and your Sims is out too long. :) (Like in Spa Day, just outside the sauna)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvJOId8rMFA
    a256aFi.gif
    I hope there will be ice skating on frozen ponds and hot chocolate stands in Winter. :)

BTW this is what the Death by Overheating should look like when temperatures are too high and your Sims is out too long. :) (Like in Spa Day, just outside the sauna)

I do not want sims dropping dead left and right from the heat. I do want there to be heat and cold issues and, if left unresolved, that could lead to a death, but dropping like flies is not for me.
    edited March 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I do not want sims dropping dead left and right from the heat. I do want there to be heat and cold issues and, if left unresolved, that could lead to a death, but dropping like flies is not for me.

I admit that the video is quite exaggerated, but it's the only one I found. :)
    Heat and cold issues that lead to death (by Overheating (already in Spa Day) and freezing) when your Sims are standing outside for TOO long is what I'm requesting as well. This video was one I found that showed the sauna death from Spa Day outside, which makes it look like they die from the heat instead of sauna.

Let's imagine if you own Seasons, it's one of those rare days when it's VERY HOT outside and this group of people stood there for 3-4 hours without going inside. Then they all die from Overheating. Townies and non-played Sims will autonomously go inside during these very hot days.

I don't want Sims to die when they're out for like 5 minutes. I want the Sims to die by overheating when it's really hot outside and they are outside too long (let's say 2-3 hours?). You will be warned with an Uncomfortable buff beforehand, just like with the sauna.
    a256aFi.gif
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I dont want my sims dying at all. Guess I'll have to save my game every 5 minutes once they implement that mess.
    Hopefully, there would be a warning system that notifies you about your sims discomfort and allows you to do something before Death comes a knockin'.
  • FaerielightFaerielight Posts: 4 New Member
    > @ohmyohmy said:
    > Hmm.. :o I would really like farming and a rural world in a seasons pack.

This! And I was also thinking a farmer's market during summer. Where your sims can set up shop and sell their farming goods!
    edited March 2018
    @kaywilliams
    It will be the same as the sauna death from TS4 SpaDay, just outside and only on rare days in Summer when the temperatures are really high.

You also don't step into the sauna and literally die. Sims get a positive moodlet, but when they're there for too long they get an Uncomfortable moodlet and eventually die.

If you don't want your Sims to die, then don't send your Sims outside during a really hot day (Tempetature UI will indicate that it's Very Hot) or make sure they don't stay out for too long. :)
    Just like how vampires shouldn't stay outside during daylight for too long.
    a256aFi.gif
    > @ohmyohmy said:
    > Hmm.. :o I would really like farming and a rural world in a seasons pack.

This! And I was also thinking a farmer's market during summer. Where your sims can set up shop and sell their farming goods!

Seasons is a huge pack all by itself, it doesn't even come with a new world, that's how big it is. Farming, done properly should be a huge EP on it's own, so why would you try and shove those two huge packs into one pack? Both would suffer greatly.