Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New IDEAS for a SEASONS Expansion!

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
22667642642_a712663eed_b.jpg?ssl=1

This is a thread to share your expectations for a potential Seasons expansion! Ideas will be added to the list

GENERAL
  • Seamless changing of Seasons, Weather based on world (Not the same weather at the same time in every world!!; Only subtile snow in Oasis Springs and no snow at all in Selvadorada)
  • PlantSim life state expanded with new content and more "fleshed-out" PlantSims (own tomb stone, own plumbob, permanent PlantSims, more abilities)
  • Weather machine to control weather
  • Shower WooHoo (why not?)
  • Death by lightning (during thunderstorms)
  • Death by freezing (when out in winter too long without Outdoor clothes)
  • Sims can give gifts (items/collectables) from their inventory to other Sims
  • Temperature interface
  • Seasons interface
  • Weather TV Channel
  • Gardening TV Channel (for Gardening skill)
  • Sims walk around with an umbrella during rain
  • Food stalls pop up during certain seasons (like festival food stalls in City Living; only in Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest)
  • Spiral stair cases
  • Bunk beds
  • WEATHER: Rain, Thunderstorm, Cloudy, Hail, Snow
  • Pools freeze during winter or are without water
  • Harvestables don't grow during winter

SUMMER
  • Hot dog food stands in Summer (only Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest)
  • Ice cream stands spawn in Summer (only Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest)
  • Play with remote controlled boats on lakes
  • Nectar Making

AUTUMN
  • Leaf piles spawn in world
  • WooHoo in Leaf piles
  • Sleep in Leaf piles
  • Raking leaves
  • Kids jumping in leaf piles
  • Pumpkin spice latte stalls spawn in autumn (only Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest)

WINTER
  • Windows get fogged in Winter (like in Sims3)
  • Build a snowman
  • Hot chocolate food stalls in winter (only Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest)
  • Ice scating on frozen lake
  • No snow in Oasis Springs
  • Snowball fights
  • Get the flue
  • Snow on roofs
  • Make snow angels
  • Harvestables don't grow during winter

SPRING
  • Flower stalls that sell flowers/ new kinds of seeds to grow new harvestables spawn during Spring (only Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest)
  • Pollen allergy

New Types of Death:
  • Death by Freezing (When outside for too long when temperatures are low)
  • Death by Overheating (Like Sauna death in Spa Day; When outside for too long when temperatures are high)
  • Death by Thunder (Random, when outside during thunderstorm)
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Summer:
    Sunburn
    Sun makes your plants need watering more often.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    What a beautiful picture.

I want to be able to make Hot Chocolate at the Grill so I can make it as a Group Meal when my sims are in the public places like Willow Creek etc. It should warm them up when they're outside skating on the Frozen Lake I've been dreaming about.
    3qGFI9E.png

Love the idea of a TV Gardening Chanel.

Like the remote control boats idea too. Would like it even better if our sims can make one themselves.

Seed stalls would be interesting to have too. Especially if we finally got the Flower Arranging Skill to make our own arrangements from all the flowers we can harvest.
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    Love these idea's so much:)) Maybe flooding in the spring, It would be cool if you can pick your own flowers and put them in a vase, and have the florist career added, and small jobs you could pay teens or your own kids to clean all the leaves and shovel the snow. Plus it would be cool if the grass occasionally got too long, where you needed to mow the lawn or pay someone to keep to it, to keep your grass nice:))
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I don't know if it would be possible, but it would be really cool if we could see footprints in the snow from where our sims have walked. And if you have pets, there could be little puppy footprints
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    edited October 2017
    Winter:
    No school snow days
    Santa Clause npc character for Christmas
    Icicles form on homes
    make snow cream

Spring:
    Kite flying
    Allergies
    Easter egg hunts with Easter Bunny npc character

Summer:
    Sun bathing
    Bee stings
    Fireworks
    Kids can have lemonade stand

Autumn:
    Apple cider making
    Post edited by WillKDavid on
    Probably more suitable for a Go to School pack, but I think could work in both. Seasonal events like homecoming dances in Autumn, and proms in Spring. Graduations also.
    edited October 2017
    Summer school for kids? Sorry for triple post.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited October 2017
    Autumn:

When Autumn transitions, Pumpkin patches spawn and you can harvest them, carve them, and you can use them as decoration during "Spooky" holiday/Day, or you can also make pumpkin pie with them, grow your own from the seeds, or make pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spice cake roll, or different types of pumpkin/spice drinks.
    Leftover Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
    klxOvWs.jpg

Kahlua Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
    ZOhO27S.jpg

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
    A6FPlDo.jpg

I definitely would like the 'holiday's back. Spooky Day, Snowflake Day, Love Day, and Leisure Day.

I'm not sure what to add to the other seasons, as not many new ideas are coming to mind right now; would love some new activities but also would love the festivals back as well.
    Winter: Plants stop being harvestable. You have to wait until Winter is over.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Autumn:

When Autumn transitions, Pumpkin patches spawn and you can harvest them, carve them, and you can use them as decoration during "Spooky" holiday/Day, or you can also make pumpkin pie with them, grow your own from the seeds, or make pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spice cake roll, or different types of pumpkin/spice drinks.
    Leftover Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
    klxOvWs.jpg

Kahlua Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
    ZOhO27S.jpg

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
    A6FPlDo.jpg

I definitely would like the 'holiday's back. Spooky Day, Snowflake Day, Love Day, and Leisure Day.

I'm not sure what to add to the other seasons, as not many new ideas are coming to mind right now; would love some new activities but also would love the festivals back as well.

I would like Egg Day where our kids and toddlers can look for decorated eggs and there could be a bunny costume that your moody teen must wear.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2017
    Loanet wrote: »
    Winter: Plants stop being harvestable. You have to wait until Winter is over.

Or you have a greenhouse to grow your harvestables in the Winter. :)
    7c04cec7815eaf95e74aa055fa8a9e63--glass-houses-sims-cc.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    edited October 2017
    Growing grass in Spring and Summer with mowers, and weed trimers. Snakes in Summer with a new scared of snakes trait. Pruning shrubs like we use to. Oh...and rain gutters for our homes.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I'd love it if they brought back those Santa cookies from Sims 2.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    A half pipe with both snowboarding & skateboarding options.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
    Pool toys for when it's summer and you're having a pool party.
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Little plastic pools for toddlers, and obviously swimsuits for them as well
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Lawn care in the summer and snow shoveling in the winter are must haves for me.
    And there needs to be a purpose to those tasks. If you don't care for your lawn, it overgrows and maybe turns a yellow colour or something. And if you don't deal with the snow it blocks you from leaving your house!
  • UnluckywolfUnluckywolf Posts: 60 Member
    Loving the ideas. I'm so brain dead right now since I should probably be asleep right now; so I can't really think of any of my own right now. I don't think they'd be nearly as good as everyone else's here anyways.... :'(
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Summer:
    Sunburn
    Sun makes your plants need watering more often.

And a heatstroke death.

*snort* Unless that would be "too traumatic"...
  • beladanibeladani Posts: 61 Member
    I would like to have:

Winter:
    - chop firewood
    - decorate your house (maybe DIY skill)
    - make gifts, give gifts

Spring:
    - collect flowers
    - picnic
    - swing

Summer
    - pool party
    - collecting shells
    - surfing

Autumn
    - make jam, nectar, preserves
    - scarves as accessories
    pncFLnjBj
  • UnluckywolfUnluckywolf Posts: 60 Member
    I like the heatstroke death idea, as long as there's a needs bar indicating how close you are to it so you can prevent. Or if your feeling evil or morbid, do your best to egg it on....
  • EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member
    I like the heatstroke death idea, as long as there's a needs bar indicating how close you are to it so you can prevent. Or if your feeling evil or morbid, do your best to egg it on....

I wouldn't say a needs bar necessarily, but similar to how in 3 you had to watch your sims moodlets to know if they were getting too cold or too hot. With the emotions in TS4 the more hot/cold your sim gets will probably increase their uncomfortablility and have a moodlet system like
    "So warm/chilly!" , "Gettin' hot/cold" , "It's hot/cold out here!" , "Burning up/Freezing" and then further ignoring that would lead to a heatstroke or freezing death. Perhaps less or more moodlets depending on how testing goes.

I love the ideas in this thread! This is making me crave seasons even harder! I really liked 3's seasons so I hope they take that and build on it (like the footprints/trail in the snow, allergies, etc) with these suggestions!
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
  • coolskeleton95coolskeleton95 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hot Dog and Ice Cream/Snow Cone Stands could be like the foot stands in City Living! If they aren't in your world by default, just place them in your local community lot.
  • Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    beladani wrote: »
    I would like to have:

Winter:
    - chop firewood
    - decorate your house (maybe DIY skill)
    - make gifts, give gifts

Spring:
    - collect flowers
    - picnic
    - swing

Summer
    - pool party
    - collecting shells
    - surfing

Autumn
    - make jam, nectar, preserves
    - scarves as accessories

I really like your ideas, particularly your Winter ideas regarding gift-giving and chopping firewood. I'm one of those people who likes the art style of TS4 and I like the mental image of my sim dressed to the nines in winter gear chopping firewood as prep for the big holiday get-together.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Spring :
    - harvest new flowers
    - romance interactions more easy in Spring

Summer :
    - toys for pool
    - pool for toddlers & swimsuits for them
    - smoothie, fresh drunks
    - water bomb
    - bronze
    - fan

Fall :
    - rake tree leafs, burn them, play into & woohoo into
    - harvest new fruits & make marmelades
    - new recipes

Winter :
    - make an igloo & woohoo into, snowman, snow angel, snowball fight, skating on ice
    - clear the snow
    - snowy day
    - burn machmalo in the chimney
    - drink hot chocolate

Various :
    - composting
    - outdoor playground equipment
    - more little diving
    Lu4ERme.gif