Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken Store Item

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?&productId=OFB-SIM3:17154&categoryId=&scategoryId=11901&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0

A few years ago I asked this, and I ever found a solution.
This store item is a ticking time bomb, and eventually explodes as if its outdated CC. I bring this to attention because I recently decided to give Sims 3 another try and once again, I LOVE this dress but I can't use it!

It's not mods or CC, because this happened before I even started using mods (and I don't use CC). I don't think it's a corrupted download because this happened on another computer, too.

Can anyone direct me to a fix? I spent 60 SimPoints on it

Comments

• Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    What exactly happens to your game when you install this dress? I'd like to know before I install it. :#
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    What exactly happens to your game when you install this dress? I'd like to know before I install it. :#

I have the dress installed but haven't used it on a sim. I have used the textures from the dress (which was the only reason I bought it) and haven't had any problems with my game so far. I have no idea what issues the OP is referring to.
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @TreyNutz Ok, thanks for your response. I know this is one of the items that should be installed "first" so the patterns show up. Good to know it won't explode :D
  • Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    The textures with the dress work fine
    The problem is with the dress itself. By 'exploded' I mean the dress temporarily works, then suddenly my sims outfit becomes extremely deformed with no warning, as if her body exploded. I can't get a picture because both my laptops are broken at the moment (also I get extremely nauseated by game glitches of this kind).

I first noticed it years ago when using the dress in a outfit contest. I have no idea why I'm having this problem, but this is the only outfit I have the problem with.