Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves GP and C&D EP,would be quite complementary

Comments

• SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I really hope each supernatural gets their own game pack! Having werewolves come next would be SOOOO perfect since we're about to get Cats and Dogs!!!

Imagine a werewolf sim in a matching hoodie with their dog! XD

I also hope there's types of features for a pack. Like you know how when vampires turn you it says master and offspring relationship? I hope there is a special type of relationship for werewolves in the same pack. Like you have a special relationship with the pack leader, the werewolf that turned you, and all your pack mates. :D
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Oh gosh, I'm super looking forward to potential werewolves!

Also, I second forever that werewolves is when they NEED to add body hair for the general sim population!

Agreed in general, it would be really interesting to do a three-stage werewolf with human, half, and full-wolf forms. With pets out, they now have all the animation down for doing as such, so if they were intending to do it that way, it pretty much would need to come after Cats and Dogs.

If it's either full-wolf or the half-wolf, I'd still prefer the half-wolf, but to have an option for either really would be interesting.

Mostly though, that body hair. Yes.
    a63ftuN.png
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    Monday wrote: »

Also, I second forever that werewolves is when they NEED to add body hair for the general sim population!

Agreed in general, it would be really interesting to do a three-stage werewolf with human, half, and full-wolf forms. With pets out, they now have all the animation down for doing as such, so if they were intending to do it that way, it pretty much would need to come after Cats and Dogs.

If it's either full-wolf or the half-wolf, I'd still prefer the half-wolf, but to have an option for either really would be interesting.

Especially if they add a CAS Section for Nails, like how they did for Teeth, or the different CAS options for Vampires.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I stated earlier that I want werewolf sims to be human, werewolf and wolf in form. Now that I think on it, I wonder if that's possible or smart. A human to a werewolf is fairly easy because you alter their appearance and their actions, hairy and crouching with a little howling thrown in for good measure.

Going from werewolf to wolf would require swapping one sim form (human) for another (dog). Not altering, but replacing. I don't know how difficult that may be. Or how difficult it would be to go from wolf to human, skipping the werewolf altogether. Will swapping a sim form for another affect anything? Will it create bugs galore? Will it cause one or the other (or both) to reset to a default station? And what happens when several are swapping sim forms at the same time?

If this proves to be problematic, I would be okay with the human/werewolf sim if they can call (howl) a real wolf pack to their side when needed.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Or I would say
    Why wherewolves must be "human"?

A good way to differentiate werewolves from other sims would be than have 2 forms: wolf and TS3 werewolf
    As seem logic than werewolves even at their human form be more hairy, and their limbs have some wolf-like feature. In fact with TS4 graphics, would be perfect than werewolves "human" form be a direct conversion of TS3 werewolf form
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    If Werewolves had a full wolf form, the GP would require the Cats and Dogs EP to function, and I cant see them do that.
    But if you look at the bear costume from the outdoor GP, you know the Devs are capable of making them proper looking, and if you look at the statues from the vampires GP, you know they know how a proper werewolf looks.
    If we get the Apes from Sims3 despite that, I will not accept that.
  • jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Or I would say
    Why wherewolves must be "human"?

A good way to differentiate werewolves from other sims would be than have 2 forms: wolf and TS3 werewolf
    As seem logic than werewolves even at their human form be more hairy, and their limbs have some wolf-like feature. In fact with TS4 graphics, would be perfect than werewolves "human" form be a direct conversion of TS3 werewolf form

I’d prefer then not always in werewolf form maybe they can make that an option like how you can make you vampires look normal or full vampiric if you want
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    If Werewolves had a full wolf form, the GP would require the Cats and Dogs EP to function, and I cant see them do that.

Could solve it with a patch
    pre Cats and Dogs or pre Werewolves
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    A werewolf GP should be self contained and not rely on any other pack, like the Cats & Dogs Pack. I'm fine with human/werewolf forms if the werewolf form is more fleshed out.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Im thinking, as Maxis leave supernatural sims for dedicated GP for each specie, then Werewolves could be much better than TS3, also they could have a wolf form (not only the TS3 werewolf form). Then I was thinking about CAP clothes....

Maybe Werewolves GP add new clothes than can be used by werewolves at wolf form and dogs (also werewolves at wolf form can use clothes for dogs)

I would love a werewolf gamepack. I hope we get witches too that has something simular to buying powers like in vampires!
    edited October 2017

So you would actually be okay with the Werewolves Pack be dependant on Cats and Dogs? It would make it an Addon to Cats and Dogs instead of just Sims 4 Basegame lika all the other packs.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    A werewolf GP should be self contained and not rely on any other pack, like the Cats & Dogs Pack. I'm fine with human/werewolf forms if the werewolf form is more fleshed out.

I agree.
    Look at the bear costume from the very first GP, and then at the Statues from the Vampire GP.
    The bear costume tells you that they are able to do a good werewolf form, and the statues tell you that they know how they should do it.
    Geting Sims 3 werewolf forms after the bear costume and the werewolf statues... Imagine that!
    This would be the Devs smacking us in the face that they dont care.
    Im thinking, as Maxis leave supernatural sims for dedicated GP for each specie, then Werewolves could be much better than TS3, also they could have a wolf form (not only the TS3 werewolf form). Then I was thinking about CAP clothes....

Maybe Werewolves GP add new clothes than can be used by werewolves at wolf form and dogs (also werewolves at wolf form can use clothes for dogs)

I would love a werewolf gamepack. I hope we get witches too that has something simular to buying powers like in vampires!

I hope we get Witches as well. They are actaually my favourite occults. At least they were in Sims 3.
  • moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    if they do make a werewolf pack i imagine it would utilize the same perk tree as the vampires but instead of master vampire and fledgling it would be omega, beta, alpha etc.
    i really do hope as some have said before that they would turn into a whole other form (werewolf statues) instead of the hairy sim versions of the sims 3. then the color of the fur could be the same as your sims haircolor! but other than that same werewolf model for everyone.

for the perk tree id say only an "master werewolf" can create a pack, and everyone in the pack would get a buff when gathering like the family buff from parenthood.

you could build relationship faster with dogs to tie in to the pets expansion aswell.
    the clothing could be sort of torn and grunge style to mesh nicely with the city living, hairstyles could be more loose and scraggly. we dont have too much of that.

every 4th or 5th simday you would transform during the night, the day of the transformation you could get a tense buff.

when transformed you could bite a sim, go hunt (fill up hunger), howl, destroy stuff(?). dont have many ideas for that. fight vampires of course and other werewolves. :D
  • moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    Oh and of couse wrewolves would have a higher chance of twins or triplets since the whole "litter" thing. but it would be non identical twins and triplets because otherwise itd be boring.

maybe a new wohoo spot for transformed werewolves only?
  • jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    I wouldn’t mind if turining into a full wolves requires cats and dogs. It can be an extra form, but they main form can be a beast or something
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think it would be perfectly possible for turning into a wolf to come independant of Cats&Dogs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    I think it would be perfectly possible for turning into a wolf to come independant of Cats&Dogs.

How so?
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Monday wrote: »

Especially if they add a CAS Section for Nails, like how they did for Teeth, or the different CAS options for Vampires.

Yes, absolutely. I am 100% for something like this! Just, interesting new CAS sections. If Vampires did it, I'm sure they'd do something similar for Werewolves since the packs would probably be very similar in design. Nails, body hair, maybe a few new sets of teeth and amazing werewolf eyes. Would love if they do the classic werewolf form, to have a choice of hair/fur patterns to choose from, provided something like that would work with how they design the werewolves.
    a63ftuN.png
  • jamiehoodjamiehood Posts: 126 Member
    Absolutely! Occult life states have always been one of my favorite mechanics of the game, and I always used to have one sim in my old households be an alternate life state. I am looking forward to see what they can do if they bring back Supernatural. Hopefully they bring back all of the life states: Werewolf, Zombie, Witch, and Fairy (Is there another one that I'm missing?)

How so?

Well, there's programming in the Cas&Dogs that makes your dog look like a wolf. Just by using those parts can make the sprites to look like a wolf. A Werewolf isn't like a dog - you'll still have control. It's like turning into a bat for the Vampires.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • musiclover13191musiclover13191 Posts: 82 Member
    I think it would be cool to have Werewolves, they are one of my favorite supernaturals. By doing them in their own GP, thus being able to focus on just Werewolves, they can be as good as Vampires are!
    jimjam1009 wrote: »

I really hope we get a werewolf pack soon, I've been so hyped for witches and fairies, but werewolves, I am most excited for. I hope at all life stages they can turn into wolves, like toddlers turning into wolf pups and teens-aldult turning into adult wolves and so on. I also noticed that there is a wolf shirt in Cats and Dogs so I'm hoping that's a teaser for it coming next. What are some ideas that your have?

I like the idea of toddlers and children turning into wolf pups. I really liked the TS3 werewolf form but also think it would be nice if they could have a wolf form also; as I think they could do that easier now that we have Cats and Dogs.
    Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff | Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie | Patronus: Hedgehog
    edited October 2017

So you would actually be okay with the Werewolves Pack be dependant on Cats and Dogs? It would make it an Addon to Cats and Dogs instead of just Sims 4 Basegame lika all the other packs.

How so?

As I said. Would no dependant o Cats and Dogs, even if have a full wolf form, and could wear clother for dogs
    Could be prefectly done that requeriment (in any) with a patch, than come thursday before Cats and Dogs, or the week before Werevolves

Even no will need a pck or a patch.

You can run a restaurant (Dine Out) or a vet clinic (Cats and Dogs) without Get to Work
    Post edited by leo3487 on
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited October 2017
    Cats and Dogs has the technology for creating wolves and such, so I wouldn't be surprised if they reused it for the werewolf pack somehow.

Also heck, there are references to werewolves in at least two of the game packs already, so I wouldn't be surprised if these were actually hints! Honestly it seems pretty obvious to me.
    Let me explain.

First, we've got the obvious one: This werewolf wall statue from the Vampires pack.
    werewolf1_by_magdaneela-dbro0x8.png

My game is in Norwegian, but the descriptions we've got for this is like
    werewolf2_by_magdaneela-dbro0xf.png
    "This werewolf in stone is extremely detailed, and so lifelike, it looks like it's about to throw itself at the victim. A bit scary? Sure. But that's what people are paying for."
    Paying for? As in another game pack? Hmm..

Oh, and as I set the search filters to Vampires and Spooky stuff pack only, what do I find? The very portrait set I was about to mention next? It's directly next to the werewolf statue in price?? Hm!!!

Say hi to "Handsome Lord Lycan" and "Beautiful Lady Sanguina".
    this_portrait_set_by_magdaneela-dbro0xe.png
    They even got a portrait together with each other. I'll translate the Lycan one too in case you don't have the spooky stuff pack.

For Lord Lycan:
    "Lord Lycan was the firstborn son of a prominent family and had an everyday life most sims could only dream of. But he carried a terrible secret. One he worked hard to keep hidden. A secret that only came to the surface at the full moon..."
    Hey, werewolf much? Yeah. Not to mention that Lycan is derived from Lycanthrope, which is just.. werewolf. This is literally just "Lord Werewolf".

Meanwhile, Lady Sanguina's name is taken from Sanguine, which means blood-red. Blood, she's obviously the vampire. Note that we didn't have vampires yet when Spooky Stuff came out.

What with this statue, and the fact that these two people's portraits are a set, a couple, honestly just seems like a rather huge hint to me that werewolves are coming, and that they'll be able to interact with vampires. Brace yourselves, guys. I bet there might be even more references to werewolves in the Cats and Dogs pack, but we'll see.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    @Magdaleena The pictures even morph into Vampire and Werewolf if you've got the time to wait around. And there's actually two Werewolf statues.

I think such a thing with the pictures means vampires will be able to mate with Werewolves? Perhaps the baby will be something special that you can only get by breeding.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    @Magdaleena The pictures even morph into Vampire and Werewolf if you've got the time to wait around. And there's actually two Werewolf statues.

I think such a thing with the pictures means vampires will be able to mate with Werewolves? Perhaps the baby will be something special that you can only get by breeding.

Ooh, they actually do? That's awesome!

I assumed it was something like those cursed portraits in S3 Supernatural, where I could just flip the switch between day and night in build/buy mode to see the alternate states, but apparently I actually have to wait in live mode for it to happen in S4. Huh.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr