Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Kennel Club *Official Thread*

Comments

• Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    Is this still happening? I turned in an app for Bulldogs last week and haven't heard anything. Just wanna know when to expect everything to get started. :)

Yes this is still happening :D it's a bit quiet in there... but the site is also not yet completely finished...
    Breed group and breed clubs are currently wanted, so i'm guessing representatives of those are sought after.
    Kennels also need to be made for there to be any real competition going on, so i'd urge people to become members and create their kennels :D

I want to say that even though this site is not yet done, it's a lot of fun trying to create a dog that looks like the AKC standard and to make a website(or thread or tumblr) for your kennel... also to build the kennel itself ingame.

I hope we see more active members, because it seems like it could be a very fun community. Everyone's been so nice so far.
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    MookittymooMookittymoo Posts: 46 New Member
    Uhm that's plagiarism and one think the SUKC staff did not tolerate. Learn how to write your own rules. If you use your mind you can make your own.
  • Options
    MookittymooMookittymoo Posts: 46 New Member
    [quote="Mookittymoo;c-16205340"]Uhm that's plagiarism and one think the SUKC staff did not tolerate. Learn how to write your own rules. If you use your mind you can make your own.[/quote]

I meant to say SKC.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I'm bummed to see that several breed clubs and registries have been created, but not mine. :/
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    @Mookittymoo The SUKC is inactive and that's where the rules are from as far as I know. Besides, plagiarism is when someone passes off someone else's work as their own and that's hardly the case here.
    @KHS12 Did you apply on the website? Maybe send the message again?
  • Options
    ALittleSimALittleSim Posts: 111 Member
    I'm glad this thread is still active. I've been on the ropes about creating a sims 4 kennel. I wanted to join the sims 3 kennel club but I was a little late to the party and most everyone was inactive. I'd love to help in any way I can with setting up anything. I do hope everyone doesn't take this too seriously like in the sims 3. I know very little about showing dogs irl but I hope that doesn't matter. Also I'm not the best at editing pictures and I hope thats ok too.

I hope this community becomes more active and I can't wait to see all the beautiful dogs every breeds and the new breeds you all make. I hope this is still active by the time i finish making my dog kennel and website for them. ^_^
    Hogwarts House: Slytherin
    Patronus: Lynx
    My Studio: Studio
  • Options
    KARRKITTKARRKITT Posts: 261 Member
    Hey guys and @MoonstoneHorsey me too, somewhat. However, either way I still plan my own for both Sims 3 and 4. Still.
    Also, might not mind being a breeds/species standards keeper for Sim versions. :)
  • Options
    I have a question. I know I'm a total noob at this so excuse me and my noobiness. So I created my own dog breed and have already created the kennel, website, and household. Is there a way where I can register my dogs as their own breed? Or will they be just be considered mixes and not allowed to show?
  • Options
    I think you can either register them as a designer breed or you can register your own breed, which is probably what you should do since you're gonna have several dogs with the same breed. If you want to create your own breed you can use this form.
  • Options
    @MoonstoneHorsey Forgot to tag you!
  • Options
    Thanks! @Karlia for clearing that up. I wasn't too sure ^_^
  • Options
    Karlia wrote: »
    @Mookittymoo The SUKC is inactive and that's where the rules are from as far as I know. Besides, plagiarism is when someone passes off someone else's work as their own and that's hardly the case here.
    @KHS12 Did you apply on the website? Maybe send the message again?

Yeah, I sent in an app with a website attached and everything.... :/
  • Options
    I registered for the Bulldog breed club if I'm not mistaken. I have access to the registry google doc but Bulldogs are not listed so I'm not sure what happened with my app
  • Options
    GinkkisGinkkis Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi. I'm here as part of the sims 3 kennel community (which by the way is very active at both SUKC and SFCI), to inform the creators of this "SKC", that we will not tolerate plagiarism and copying and using other peoples pictures without permission. Please remove all content and pictures you have copied WITHOUT PERMISSION from your sites immediately. Also I think it would be in good manner to change you name to something else, as it now confuses players with the original SKC. Just even SKC4 might make it easier for people to tolerate. I hope you take immediate action as the community is already growing very upset and angry about this.
  • Options
    BrittanyBoomerBrittanyBoomer Posts: 256 Member
    Just because they said they're taking the rules from the SKC, doesn't make it not plagiarism. They're still taking something without permission, instead of coming up with their own rules. And just 'taking show images from google' doesn't give you the right to use those photos. That's theft, and I'm personally angry to see so many of my own photos used.
  • Options
    NotyourconcernNotyourconcern Posts: 1 New Member
    You really tried to contact the members on the forums? 🐸🐸🐸🐸. The Sims3 pictures that you stole belong to my friends. They are constantly online and they are all extremely angry that you would be so ignorant to steal their pictures. For the ones that 'have not been on in years', have. Their profiles are set for people not to see when they are online, and if you really wanted to contact them you could have messaged them and waited for a reply. :)
  • Options
    Natali096Natali096 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2017
    I would have loved to see a Sims 4 dog community rise, but what you have done is ill-conceived. The people stating that you stole their pictures and calling you out on it are sadly very right. You had no right to do so, even if you only found it on Google. I absolutely understand that they got mad, if their creations got pretty much stolen (since you didn't ask for their permission even though they still are around). I hope that you will learn from this experience and will think twice about all your further steps in the future.

Also, why even use Sims 3 pictures if it's a Sims 4 community in the first place? Any TS4 picture (and I am sure you have plenty of those already) would have been far better and more fitting than a TS3 one.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Hi there
    Yes I did try and get ahold of the OG creator at the proboards forum months ago and I never heard back. There were some posts that they were leaving for indefinite amount of time and sounded uninterested in continuing.

I took down the sims 3 pics. I was only using temporary until we got more. Sorry if that bothered anyone.
  • Options
    In regards to the rules, I used the rules from the other forums in combined because they seem like a good way to run the shows. Honestly did not think it would be a big issue. I can change things if you like. If your'e coming here and the forum just to cause drama you are not welcome and I will not bend for that. You could've easily just messaged and explained you were unhappy with things and I can change them. So if you would like to further discuss things calmly and politely I will be happy to work with you and change things. Feel free to PM me :)
  • Options
    jswizzlejswizzle Posts: 64 Member
    simsluvr90 wrote: »
    In regards to the rules, I used the rules from the other forums in combined because they seem like a good way to run the shows. Honestly did not think it would be a big issue. I can change things if you like. If your'e coming here and the forum just to cause drama you are not welcome and I will not bend for that. You could've easily just messaged and explained you were unhappy with things and I can change them. So if you would like to further discuss things calmly and politely I will be happy to work with you and change things. Feel free to PM me :)

All four of the profiles of people complaining were of "new members". I would think if they were actually involved with the SKC then they probably would at least have member status by now. I don't know, seems kind of fishy to me, but @simsluvr90 , I don't think what you were doing was wrong. You tried to get something similar to what we had before going before we even knew fully what we were getting with Cats and Dogs. Hard to make up rules for features you don't have yet lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Well, to be honest, it's not the forum creator who owns the pictures, it's the individual people who made them...

@KHS12 If I'm not mistaken if you have access to the registry you own the breed club? The page is probably not there because there's no bulldogs registered so far... But some staff clarification and for the future a confirmation e-mail might be nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    > @jswizzle said:
    > simsluvr90 wrote: »
    >
    > In regards to the rules, I used the rules from the other forums in combined because they seem like a good way to run the shows. Honestly did not think it would be a big issue. I can change things if you like. If your'e coming here and the forum just to cause drama you are not welcome and I will not bend for that. You could've easily just messaged and explained you were unhappy with things and I can change them. So if you would like to further discuss things calmly and politely I will be happy to work with you and change things. Feel free to PM me :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > All four of the profiles of people complaining were of "new members". I would think if they were actually involved with the SKC then they probably would at least have member status by now. I don't know, seems kind of fishy to me, but @simsluvr90 , I don't think what you were doing was wrong. You tried to get something similar to what we had before going before we even knew fully what we were getting with Cats and Dogs. Hard to make up rules for features you don't have yet lol.

Thank you so much. I do plan on changing as we go (which I stated since we had not known how game play was). I am more than happy to cooperate with people if they are unhappy about stuff. Nothing is set in stone on the forum/website. It was all meant to be temporary and change as we go.
  • Options
    @jswizzle That doesn't mean anything - the sims 3 kennel clubs all happen off-site and not here in the official forum so some kennel club members may never even have been here before.
    @simsluvr90 Can you help @KHS12 please?
  • Options
    Karlia wrote: »
    Well, to be honest, it's not the forum creator who owns the pictures, it's the individual people who made them...

@KHS12 If I'm not mistaken if you have access to the registry you own the breed club? The page is probably not there because there's no bulldogs registered so far... But some staff clarification and for the future a confirmation e-mail might be nice.

I did not get the pictures from the forum, they were from google. I am more than happy to take them down.
    KHS12 wrote: »
    I registered for the Bulldog breed club if I'm not mistaken. I have access to the registry google doc but Bulldogs are not listed so I'm not sure what happened with my app

Hi there.
    Sorry for no response. Would you be okay with resubmitting an application for breed club. That would be awesome. I think the email got lost/deleted when I was deleting dog registry emails.
  • Options
    @simsluvr90 Honestly, it doesn't matter. They were still made by people from the forums, who own the copyright to them. I can understand why you did it but I can also see their side - I would be a little miffed too if someone used my pictures without consent. I think you should change them anyway because it's a little confusing to have S3 pics on a S4 kennel club site.