Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Kennel Club *Official Thread*

Comments

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I checked out the website but I'm still a little bit lost. Could you make a post on the forum for people that are new to the kennel club. There's some terms and rules I don't get. Maybe make a "Kennel Club for Dummies" lol. I don't know if I'm the only one but I'm not that familiar with dog shows so maybe that's why.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    simsluvr90 wrote: »
    Kennel names should be your username

Oh :( that’s kind of drab but ok
  • simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    @AndreaTheHero I adjusted the rules so we recommend to sign up using a kennel name but it's not mandatory
    I guess best way to reserve a name would be make a reserved thread (one person already did that)
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Ohhh I'm getting very excited for this! But i haven't been in the Sims 3 Kennel Club so I'm kinda nervous and i've got a few questions:

1 HOW necessary is it to have my own website? Because thats really something i'd like to pass. If i don't have a website, will i miss out on something? What exactly is it needed for? Just for posting stuff? Can't i do that on my kennel forum thread?

2 I would like to start a Corgi Cardigan (or a Bernese Mountain Dog, still highly debating) kennel if thats possible, so let me just make this clear cause i got a little bit mixed up. Right now i just gotta register with any name (for example my usual one is Kristina Joy), then go to Kennel Threads and create a thread with the name of my kennel..? Right? And what should the kennel name look like? Something like "Corgi Cardigans kennel thread reservation"? More creative on the "Corgi Cardigans", of course. But it should imply that i reserved this thread and its about Corgi Cardigans, right?

3 How exactly does breeding, selling and contests work?

4 I get that i need to build a place in the sims where I'm gonna raise my dogs, well here's the thing... i have no idea how should it look like. Just a house with plenty of space?

5 On the forum it says that 6 weeks = one sim year. So one week = 2 months. In how many weeks should a puppy grow up? And what about the teen stage which isn't in the game?

6 English isn't my native language (even though i know it very well), so there might be some punctuation mistakes. Is that okay?

Sorry, i bet some questions are super dumb, but its just that i'm new to this and very afraid to mess up.
    edited October 2017
    @AndreaTheHero I adjusted the rules so we recommend to sign up using a kennel name but it's not mandatory
    I guess best way to reserve a name would be make a reserved thread (one person already did that)

yeah that was me lol. glad it was ok! I made my username similar to the one here so it would be recognizable in both places
    edited October 2017
    Koteyka wrote: »
    Ohhh I'm getting very excited for this! But i haven't been in the Sims 3 Kennel Club so I'm kinda nervous and i've got a few questions:

1 HOW necessary is it to have my own website? Because thats really something i'd like to pass. If i don't have a website, will i miss out on something? What exactly is it needed for? Just for posting stuff? Can't i do that on my kennel forum thread?

2 I would like to start a Corgi Cardigan (or a Bernese Mountain Dog, still highly debating) kennel if thats possible, so let me just make this clear cause i got a little bit mixed up. Right now i just gotta register with any name (for example my usual one is Kristina Joy), then go to Kennel Threads and create a thread with the name of my kennel..? Right? And what should the kennel name look like? Something like "Corgi Cardigans kennel thread reservation"? More creative on the "Corgi Cardigans", of course. But it should imply that i reserved this thread and its about Corgi Cardigans, right?

3 How exactly does breeding, selling and contests work?

4 I get that i need to build a place in the sims where I'm gonna raise my dogs, well here's the thing... i have no idea how should it look like. Just a house with plenty of space?

5 On the forum it says that 6 weeks = one sim year. So one week = 2 months. In how many weeks should a puppy grow up? And what about the teen stage which isn't in the game?

6 English isn't my native language (even though i know it very well), so there might be some punctuation mistakes. Is that okay?

Sorry, i bet some questions are super dumb, but its just that i'm new to this and very afraid to mess up.

1- it’s just to make it feel more realistic. It’s not required. A forum thread will suffice.

2- that’s what I did so it should be ok

3-this differes from group to group.

4- a kennel usually consists of large exercise yards, individual elongated pens with a room attached and all roofed. I will try to make a mock up one and post it later.

Similar to this picture but the however big or small you want it

12x18header.jpg

5- I’m not sure what OP wants

6- I cant speak for the OP but the sims is a very welcoming community and it’s perfectly fine if you make spelling or punctuation mistakes. Your English seems fine to me anyways :)
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I checked out the website but I'm still a little bit lost. Could you make a post on the forum for people that are new to the kennel club. There's some terms and rules I don't get. Maybe make a "Kennel Club for Dummies" lol. I don't know if I'm the only one but I'm not that familiar with dog shows so maybe that's why.

@kaiwrysims I was wondering the same thing (I have absolutely 0 experience with Kennel Clubs or dog competitions, either in real life OR in sims). But I did a bit of searching and found this link from a TS3 kennel club... (http://thesimskennelclub.weebly.com/how-to.html). Obviously the rules will be a bit different here but I found that link pretty helpful as something of a newbie guide so maybe it'll help you too :) I was also going to let this one get set up and run for a bit first before I thought about joining just so I could watch first and get a taste for how things work.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    samemie wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

@kaiwrysims I was wondering the same thing (I have absolutely 0 experience with Kennel Clubs or dog competitions, either in real life OR in sims). But I did a bit of searching and found this link from a TS3 kennel club... (http://thesimskennelclub.weebly.com/how-to.html). Obviously the rules will be a bit different here but I found that link pretty helpful as something of a newbie guide so maybe it'll help you too :) I was also going to let this one get set up and run for a bit first before I thought about joining just so I could watch first and get a taste for how things work.

Thanks it helped me understand more
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    This actually looks...really fun! I was planning on having a Sim who breeds Papillons so this would be just perfect! I'm definitely keeping my eyes on this thread :0
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
    I copied all the same rules from the sims 3 kennel club. But when the game comes out and we get a better feel, the rules will be adjusted.
    Just a little over 2 weeks left!
    Im so excited
    I cant wait to see how the gameplay is
    I want to set up an agility course
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hmm interesting idea. Maybe my sim will show and breed standard poodles...
    I feel like I'm super late to the party, but if we're not able to have family trees for our pets (or...lineages in this case, I suppose), would https://app.theplumtreeapp.com/ be useful? I literally just found it today, but I'm sure it's super old news by now lol. Still so stoked to get some interesting dog lines started up! :D
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
    I thought they added family trees in an update?
    Otherwise yeah that is super helpful to have that!
    Thanks for the info :)
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited October 2017
    I definitely want to participate in this. Can't wait for more information! My username is ZhaguiSimmer.
    Post edited by HimRumi on
  • mphgirlmphgirl Posts: 62 Member
    I just joined! My username is Erin_Wolfe. Are we allowed to breed multiple breeds? or must we only choose one?

I think it's a bit uncertain right now whether or not we'll be able to even click on the pet's icons and therefore if they'll have a family tree in game, but they might so we'll see.
    mphgirl wrote: »
    I just joined! My username is Erin_Wolfe. Are we allowed to breed multiple breeds? or must we only choose one?

You can have multiple
  • mphgirlmphgirl Posts: 62 Member
    edited October 2017
    mphgirl wrote: »

You can have multiple
    Just wanted to make sure before I ended up breaking any rules! Thanks!
    Post edited by mphgirl on

I think it's a bit uncertain right now whether or not we'll be able to even click on the pet's icons and therefore if they'll have a family tree in game, but they might so we'll see.
    I definitely hope there will be family trees for the furry babies! ;0; I might still wind up using that app because it's just so darn easy! But idk if they'll update it to have the pet traits listed or not lol.
    I was wondering if we'd be allowed to like...try and create a line of an "extinct" dog species? It sounds like fun! But then again...the reason most dog breeds have gone extinct is 'cause they shifted to another breed somewhere down the line but stiLL lol
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    @simsluvr90, any new updates?
    LemDoodle wrote: »

I definitely hope there will be family trees for the furry babies! ;0; I might still wind up using that app because it's just so darn easy! But idk if they'll update it to have the pet traits listed or not lol.

Having watched some of the gameplay videos from yesterday, it looks like we can't click on our pet's portraits :( It's possible there's a family tree elsewhere but I wouldn't count on it sadly.