Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day of the Dead Skull challenge 2017?

Does anyone know if they will start up the day of the dead challenge again this year? I was hoping it would come back since I just started really playing sims 4. So far I have not seen the option to contact Jasmine Holiday on my sims phone. The challenges are really fun and keep the game interesting. I know I could cheat but I wanted my sims to have fun collecting the sugar skulls since I had to start over with sims 4 on my new computer a few months ago.
Thanks & have a great day!

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I've been waiting for it's return.

Does anyone know when the next patch is?
    WbUrFQm.png
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    Thanks for bringing this up @scrapper42 I was just wondering the same thing over the weekend. I love the special limited in game challenges as it always gets me excited to actually get in game to play again. I spend most of my free time in Sims creating lately so the day of the dead challenge or even a new one would make me a happy camper .. or eh happy simmer actually lol :wink:
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited October 2017
    I doubt it, I don't think they've ever repeated a challenge so there's no reason to think they would now
    If they do anything for Halloween it'll probably be something different.
    Not that I mind at all.. repeating the event would be really boring for those of us who did it already~
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    Hey I'll take something different @CyrusTheLoser ! Anything special Jasmine Holiday wants to bring us I'm down for :smiley: Happy simming always all ♥
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,582 Member
    I doubt it, I don't think they've ever repeated a challenge so there's no reason to think they would now
    If they do anything for Halloween it'll probably be something different.
    Not that I mind at all.. repeating the event would be really boring for those of us who did it already~

I agree. I think they would definitely change it up if they're doing another challenge. But I also read about some speculations on them doing a Cats & Dogs challenge thing so maybe there won't be any Halloween related challenges this time round.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2017
    They have repeated challenges.

The Easter Egg Hunt was able to be done the following year with 2 additional eggs and a new bunny recolour, but the new challenge, Growfruits, was the main event and was advertised more.

The code is already there so there is no reason they couldn't re-enable it for anyone that wants to do it.
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    They have repeated challenges.

The Easter Egg Hunt was able to be done the following year with 2 additional eggs and a new bunny recolour, but the new challenge, Growfruits, was the main event and was advertised more.

The code is already there so there is no reason they couldn't re-enable it for anyone that wants to do it.

I hope they do bring back these challenges. It'd be great for people like me who have not played the sims for awhile.
  • DutchessDuckyDutchessDucky Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm kind of disappointed that the patch that went through yesterday didn't enable the challenge. I've been waiting since last year (picked up the game again just after the challenge was patched out) to do it to unlock the item from my buy menu... Yes... I know cheating is a thing, but c'mon, it's that time of year, the code is already written, all the work is already done... What's the harm in letting those of us who want to participate to participate?
  • CoruscafireCoruscafire Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been able to make the offering at graves to summon the DotD celebrants and collect skulls, but I still cannot place the display case.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Looks like no challenge this month which is great news for me I'm tired of patching in content I will never use.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SanguiniRebornSanguiniReborn Posts: 26 Member
    I was hoping they were going to have it again this year. I missed it previously and wanted to try my hand at it. It's too bad. If not bring the challenge back then I hope they at least do something special for Halloween.
  • scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    I didn't know about the grave offering part. I will try that today. If I can get skulls that way, then yea!
  • Leny1000Leny1000 Posts: 7 New Member
    Does anybody know if there is a way to get the collection items for the day of the dead challenge (like how you can get the magic beans in rare seed packets)?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    I cannot figure for the life of me why they do not reactivate that challenge every year- why give us something that is so utter useless. It annoys me everytime I see it in the game just taken up space. The least they could do is allow us to use the stuff we earned without having to look for a means to unlock them. All it does is become another annoyance to a lot of players to give it to us and then lock them up for eternity.

I earned the whole thing - and when I started a new game - now I cannot add this stuff back to my game - I don't use cheats or mods in my game. I earned it - it should be mine to use where ever I want in any game I want it in. This makes me annoyed every time I think about it.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Leny1000Leny1000 Posts: 7 New Member
    I got the sims 4 last year, so i completely missed the chance, and the uncompleted collection is like a slap in the face for me. I agree with how annoying it is!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    scrapper42 wrote: »
    I didn't know about the grave offering part. I will try that today. If I can get skulls that way, then yea!

That only gave the 10th skull once you earned the other 9 though in the challenge. The first 9 skulls we got by befriending sims dressed in day of the dead clothing. It took me getting about 20 plus skull before I had all 9 different ones - then I finally got the grave offering together and succeeded in getting number 10. Going to the grave before I had the other 9 did nothing... at least during the challenge anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The wall shelf can be found in a couple of places in BUY mode and skulls (gold included) can be found in BUYDEBUG.
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    Dia de los Muertos happens in early November.

What I am sad about is how costumed events don't seem to include the DdlM content (clothing, hair, face paint) as well as other costume facepaints. You have to go into Create-a-Sim to give your sim a special style that goes with the event for that event. I'm even more annoyed that trick-or-treat gives the children TWO options of dress up-- Yoda or a sausage. (Seriously? Meanwhile NPC children come to my door as everything.) And men get 14 costume choices and women only get 12? What? And they're mostly bland-- not spooky, but tame, boring?

I think they need to just fix the costume issue overall for all the spooky themed days to be more inclusive, because the content is there, they're just not using it. Randomized costumes are fun but make it have everything useful in there as an option. Even including the vampire clothing content would be appropriate. An object costume trunk could be helpful (but not necessary, because you could just click on your sim to change into costume like already), or make dressers have the option, and it can work randomly too like when sims "try on outfits". This doesn't seem hard and I wonder why it wasn't included.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.