Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed! Cats & Dogs comes with a DVD!

I know with slow Internet prefer to install off a disc. If Cats and Dogs is anything close to previous pet packs it could be more than 3GB, and for those with slow net, that could mean several hours!

EA has confirmed that certain retailers will get a proper DVD package and they will be able to install straight off a disc!

If confirms later on that a DVD drive can be used to install the game!

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/cats-and-dogs-faq

I just phoned Target and they confirmed they will be getting discs!

I use phone internet since I can't get internet at my house, so this will save me 3GB + 2GB or so for the Pets patch! (Most EP patches are around 2GB no matter how much content they have!)

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2017
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I know with slow Internet prefer to install off a disc. If Cats and Dogs is anything close to previous pet packs it could be more than 3GB, and for those with slow net, that could mean several hours!

EA has confirmed that certain retailers will get a proper DVD package and they will be able to install straight off a disc!

I use phone internet since I can't get internet at my house, so this will save me 3GB + 2GB or so for the Pets patch! (Most EP patches are around 2GB no matter how much content they have!)
    Will the US get that option as well? Even if I have Hi Speed Internet I want the DVD. Update: It will be available here as well, good lookout. :) Gave you an like for the info.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    I have to add that this isn't the case for Australia anymore (which is bothersome for me being a country bumpkin! :| ). When you go to preorder the expansion from EB Games Oz it warns you that it's a digital download and no physical disc is provided. Was worried we'd end up like the US, and here we are...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

But even though I had a few DVDs of the EPs I had to log on to Origin on the internet before it would validate. This happens every time in the past year or so. You have to be online first before it will recoginize your other packs already installed. I hate Origin.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    well it's not going to be happening in North America either..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • littlemisstormlittlemisstorm Posts: 79 Member
    Does anyone know if the UK/England will have an actual disk please thank you.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    @littlemisstorm I've just checked Amazon.co.uk and it just has the code number in the box version for £29.99 (Download only - no CD). So far.

Game.co.uk has it as £32.99.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Typically you can buy actual discs in the UK, I bought the disc for Get Together anyway.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @kellza wrote: »
    I have to add that this isn't the case for Australia anymore (which is bothersome for me being a country bumpkin! :| ). When you go to preorder the expansion from EB Games Oz it warns you that it's a digital download and no physical disc is provided. Was worried we'd end up like the US, and here we are...

Target Australia has them with the disc, and at a $10 discount.
    At least they did with City Living.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I’ve ordered all of the expansions through Targets store pick up. I’ve received all of them in physical form but only Get To Work had a dvd. Glad to hear Cats And Dogs will! I don’t like this new code only crud.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Here in The Netherlands, there is still no version with disc up for pre-order.

We always got discs with EP's, but since the Cats and Dogs EP, it's only 'code in a box'....
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Typically you can buy actual discs in the UK, I bought the disc for Get Together anyway.

I got GT as a disc but every other pack has been either code-in-a-box or downloaded via Origin.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member

I hope this will be the case for Cats & Dogs as well. I always get my EP on disc from Target, installing from disc is so fast. I'm going to have a sad if they have changed it to digital download too.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1

City Living might be the last. Taking a quick look around, the picture of C&D on JB HI FI says that it's a digital download as well (right up the top in an orange stripe). Same with some online store called Oz Game Shop. I'm thinking us aussies are out of luck :/

City Living might be the last. Taking a quick look around, the picture of C&D on JB HI FI says that it's a digital download as well (right up the top in an orange stripe). Same with some online store called Oz Game Shop. I'm thinking us aussies are out of luck :/

Targets have a special deal with EA, have done since The Sims 3. I would ask them.

EB Games & JB have always had digital only, including some Sims 3 packs.
    edited October 2017
    @jackjack_k Um I've always bought EPs from EB Games, going back to the start of TS3 - and they have been disc install. This is the first time I've seen it be an empty box and a download code. They sold digital TS3 store points/packs as well though :)

Living in the country I've needed disc install. NBN will be connect through here sometime in the near-ish future but I still wished for disc install since the NBN sounds like utter rubbish! :|
    @jackjack_k Um I've always bought EPs from EB Games, going back to the start of TS3 - and they have been disc install. This is the first time I've seen it be an empty box and a download code. They sold digital TS3 store points/packs as well though :)

Living in the country I've needed disc install. NBN will be connect through here sometime in the near-ish future but I still wished for disc install since the NBN sounds like utter rubbish! :|

I understand that, but as I said, EB Games and JB also stocked some digital only codes too, my copy of ITF didn't have a disc. I believe while JB and EB sell digital codes in boxes, Target only sell games with actual DVD's. They don't sell any of the bundles at Target that EB or JB have because they are download only :)

I called Target Australia and they will be selling DVD versions.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    kellza wrote: »

The NBN isn't rubbish, I thought it was but it has made my internet faster now than before, however I want disc version of this EP but almost everyone now is going digital which is sad! So I have no choice but to go digital :(
    edited October 2017
    kellza wrote: »

The NBN isn't rubbish, I thought it was but it has made my internet faster now than before, however I want disc version of this EP but almost everyone now is going digital which is sad! So I have no choice but to go digital :(

The NBN is rubbish, I'm sadly too far out to even get a home line, but my friends have NBN and compared to the rest of the world, it's terrible, yet it's supposed to safe guard us for the future. It can barely handle the present.

The original NBN that had a trial run in QLD, could literally download The Sims 4 in 5 mins.
    4G is still faster than the NBN and that's a problem.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I am still looking for a PC DVD of Cats & Dogs in the UK but so far nothing and normally by now, I have pre-ordered. :( *cry* I did find something on amazon is says PC and that it is unavailable and they don't know when they are getting it. It might be the case that they will not release it until it is the release date or we are not getting a PC DVD of it at all. I hope we do get it as I prefer the CDs to the downloads for the main game.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    ManakoHime wrote: »
    I am still looking for a PC DVD of Cats & Dogs in the UK but so far nothing and normally by now, I have pre-ordered. :( *cry* I did find something on amazon is says PC and that it is unavailable and they don't know when they are getting it. It might be the case that they will not release it until it is the release date or we are not getting a PC DVD of it at all. I hope we do get it as I prefer the CDs to the downloads for the main game.

That one on Amazon states on the image that is is download only with no disc included. I picked up City Living in Asda with a disc; I wasn't planning to get it at all but as they had it in stock and it had a disc I couldn't resist. Game seem to only focus on downloads now (although interestingly are selling the disc version of Planet Coaster) and haven't stocked disc versions of Sims games for quite some time.
    tFU6JMe.png
    Has anyone found a disk copy of sims 4 cats and dogs anywhere in the UK?

And as I doubt there will be as even Argos only have the code.

Where is the best and cheapest place to get the download.

I have seen it in CDKEYS but I've never used them before, so are they a reputable site?

Any and all answers appreciate thank you for your time.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes, it has been confirmed here in Greece as well. So, for all the Greek Simmers out there: You can pre-order the EP both as a physical copy with a DVD included in the case and as a physical copy with just a serial number inside. Great news!!!
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Has anyone found a disk copy of sims 4 cats and dogs anywhere in the UK?

And as I doubt there will be as even Argos only have the code.

Where is the best and cheapest place to get the download.

I have seen it in CDKEYS but I've never used them before, so are they a reputable site?

Any and all answers appreciate thank you for your time.

I have used them many times before I find them really good and they're a bargain too! :) You don't get a dvd though as its only digital.
    giphy_1.gif
    Has anyone found cats and dogs on disk anywhere in the UK yet and if so where thanks.
    Been in touch with a few places and Tesco and Smyths toys say they have a disk copy.