Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

would you be able to deal with this.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :( It would not be nice to experience it in your game. When it occurs, the issue can usuallly be resolved for that time by exiting the game and the launching the game again. Try doing this, and see if that helps when you next encounter it happening in your game.
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    If it keeps happening and you don't want to have to always exit and restart your game, you can go into game options --> Audio --> and then drag the slider under Music all the way down, and you won't hear the music that plays from the menu, loading screens, and build/buy mode; however you'll still be able to hear music coming from in-game objects like stereos and speakers.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I find this bug happens less if I don't switch to another tab during loading screens. Let the load finish before checking browser, chats etc.

When I forget and it happens, I save and restart the game.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    ldmarko wrote: »
    No, it would drive me crazy. Do you delete your cache files regularly? Also try using "Save As" instead of "Save" at least once per playing session, I find those two things help keep bugs to a minimum.

honestly thanks for your response but to be honest the main reason i am asking how anyone would feel about that is well i feel alot of simmers lack emptahy if you have a bug well will usually respond with1)dont complain about here go post it somewhere else 2)i am not experiecing it so it obviously must be your computer 3)not much you can do about it so play the game or if its really that bad dont play the game.

1) People lack empathy when you get on one of your paranoid rants again. A minor thing riling you up followed by a bunch of "what if"s and "I can't"s. When you experience an actual bug like you do right now, no one will come at you for it. People may get annoyed because the bug you're describing right now is pretty well known and there already are a bunch of threads on it, but that's about it.

2) Different things you do with your pc or the game data can have an influence on bugs occuring. Some bugs only hit people after a series of ingame events that have to happen in a specific order. Some bugs just appear randomly and you can't really tell what the cause for them is from a player perspective. And some hit all players. So people saying they don't experience something and that you should make sure everything is ok on your end isn't out of spite, in most cases it's just the best guess they have while still trying to be helpful.

3) When there's a known bug that modders can't seem to fix and the devs take their sweet time to handle it, that is really the only thing you can do. If it annoys you too much, don't play. If you can live with it until it gets fixed, do so. I really don't see the issue here.

i love number 3 as your response. it is such an annoying response how you view the world if you hate something you ignore it if you do not ignore it you it does not bother you. you seem to live in a world where you want no one to complain about anything and accept everything the way it is by ignoring it or telling yourself well i guess i dont mind it if i am not ignoring it.
  • Options
    emokitten2768emokitten2768 Posts: 29 Member
    recently i started using headphones when playing the sims and when im in build mode the music seems to over laid on top of the like another soundtrack. has anyone else had this issue?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    recently i started using headphones when playing the sims and when im in build mode the music seems to over laid on top of the like another soundtrack. has anyone else had this issue?

Hello @emokitten2768
    When this occurs, try going back to live mode, then back to the build mode and see if that stops the music.
    It may help to remove the headphones from your sim before entering build mode.
    If the music continues into live mode, come completely out of the game and reload the game again.
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    No, it would drive me crazy. Do you delete your cache files regularly? Also try using "Save As" instead of "Save" at least once per playing session, I find those two things help keep bugs to a minimum.

honestly thanks for your response but to be honest the main reason i am asking how anyone would feel about that is well i feel alot of simmers lack emptahy if you have a bug well will usually respond with1)dont complain about here go post it somewhere else 2)i am not experiecing it so it obviously must be your computer 3)not much you can do about it so play the game or if its really that bad dont play the game.

so basically your reason for creating this topic was not to get help fixing this glitch or find a solution to it (which plenty of people have tried to do),but to complain about the fact that you're too lazy to go and fix it and have everyone coddle you for having to deal with it? Is that a joke?...
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Karallyne wrote: »

so basically your reason for creating this topic was not to get help fixing this glitch or find a solution to it (which plenty of people have tried to do),but to complain about the fact that you're too lazy to go and fix it and have everyone coddle you for having to deal with it? Is that a joke?...

Just ignore the OP. He usually gets on here to make people empathize his problems like he's the only person in the world with problems. And then he tells us our advice won't do anything to help him.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Karallyne wrote: »

Just ignore the OP. He usually gets on here to make people empathize his problems like he's the only person in the world with problems. And then he tells us our advice won't do anything to help him.

because everyone else acts like they do not have problems. everyone else can seem to cope but i cant.