Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How far is ITF meant to be?

cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
So my parents are making us watch blade runner so we can go see the new one tomorrow, and it is supposedly taking place in 2019.
I joking said "so I don't need to learn to drive ever 'cause in 2 years I will have a flying car?" (I'm 21 and don't drive).
I then thought how they already have flying cars in sims, albeit through Into The Future, which then made me wonder how far ITF is meant to be?
I know it could be tricky to assume since sims doesn't exactly follow real time, but they have all this future tech, descendents, etc so there must be some idea that EA had of how far ahead the future was.
As I don't think they've ever said I'm making this thread more for speculation, but I am curious what you all think.

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    I suppose it just depends on the world that someone is playing. Like take for an example if your playing in Roaring Heights which is a 1930's type of town, then I suppose one can pretend that ITF could be the year 2030 or you could say 2130.

I'm like you when it comes to wondering how far into the future that the EP is suppose to be in but I just chalk it up to whatever one feels like making it out to be since it is our game and we play it the way we want to. Now I haven't really played families in my game as I always end up just playing my SS and her bf/husband depending on which way that I want to play out my story. I did have one game play where I had my SS have a baby but then my hard drive had died sometime after that, so I never got very far with that story
  • Options
    baranoutabaranouta Posts: 64 Member
    I imagine that it's at least 30,000 days (so 'years') into the future, or maybe further. The thing that makes pinning down an estimate hard for me is that I'm sure there are people who have in fact played 30,000 days of a single town and of course it's no closer to how Oasis was on day one of that town lol. I think it must be at least 3,000 days later than the present, so that there's enough generations in between for it to make sense to just say "descendant." (Though, do great-grandchildren or great-great-grandchildren get marked as "descendant," or something else?)
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    baranouta wrote: »
    I imagine that it's at least 30,000 days (so 'years') into the future, or maybe further. The thing that makes pinning down an estimate hard for me is that I'm sure there are people who have in fact played 30,000 days of a single town and of course it's no closer to how Oasis was on day one of that town lol. I think it must be at least 3,000 days later than the present, so that there's enough generations in between for it to make sense to just say "descendant." (Though, do great-grandchildren or great-great-grandchildren get marked as "descendant," or something else?)

I think descendant is much, much further than a great or great-great grandchild, as I have never heard anyone refer to me as a descendant of my Great Grandma Rose, or any other fairly recent relatives. Google says descendant is a person or animal that descended from a particular ancestor, so I feel like it starts whenever the bloodline starts. I am a descendant of whoever the very first person in my family was however many thousands of years ago.
    I also am coming to the conclusion that this does not actually in any way answer my initial question of how far ITF is :P
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I'm guessing it's like.. 100-500-1000ish years in the future. Who knows. At least your descendants kept your last name.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    GaiaWainwrongGaiaWainwrong Posts: 36 Member
    I like to think of Oasis Landing as 1000 years after Sunset Valley, Twinbrook, Bridgeport, Appaloosa Plains, Moonlight Falls, Starlight Shores, and Isla Paradiso. Homewher it is'nt any of those seven towns. By the times of the Sunset Valley sims which we all know and love, the place that one day will be Oasis Landing, is just a mostly-wild meadow with no roads and also no rabbitholes. Just a meadow by the beach, somewhere between Starlight Shores and Sunset Valley on the west coast of SimNation, inhabited by horses, cats, dogs, deers, raccoons, birds, turtles, snakes, fishes, and a little wild community of plantsims and dryads. Then the first Emit Relevart (there are several) arrives there and founds Oasis Landing.

And for who the Emit Relevarts are:

Skip Bernard Broke Jr., Emit Relevart I - son of the daughter of Bob Newbie and Betty Simovitch with Skip Broke's ghost. Became an Emit Relevart about 80ish years after SV premade times.

34rthqu4k3 F4lc0r "Qu4k3" Sw0rd, Emit Relevart II - A direct descendant of Cycl0n3 Sw0rd and Blair Wainwright. Yes they got together. Became an Emit Relevart about 200 years after SV premade times.

Jacey Delta Smith, Emit Relevart III - A direct descendant of Johnny Smith and Ophelia Nigmos. Yes, technically TS3verse Johnny and Ophelia should'nt be alive at the same time, and initially they weren't, but Phi was resurrected with Ambrosia and hit by an Youth Potion, giving us the bloodline that Jacey sprang from. She was the first female Emit Relevart and also the first Emit Relevart that was supernatural beside the time powers, as she was a witch and a skilled alchemist- but also had some alien powers. She became an Emit Relevart about 450 years after SV premade times.

Errol Demetrius Raius, Emit Relevart IV - Not directly descended from any premade playables. Is the same Emit that your sims meet. Becomes an Emit Relevart about 700 years after SV premade times.

Terra Adama Branford, Emit Relevart V - Pretty much a CAS sim, as she's from SV premade times but took the ITF opportunities and became an Emit Relevart about 1000 years after SV premade times.

Rukio Laren Snapdash, Emit Relevart VI - Not descended from any premade playables either. Well maybe one or two TS3 store families\households. Born and raised in Oasis Landing, Terra took him as an assistant. Eventually, about 1650 years after SV premade times, becomes an Emit Relevart. Assigned female at birth and with the name Meguca Samara Snapdash, they identify as a transmasculine-presenting timegender, making them the first Emit Relevart to be mostly nonbinary.

Adonis Traell Darfour, Emit Relevart VII - a male Emit Relevart and a direct descendant of Bertram and Patricia Bedlington. Becomes an Emit about 2100 years after premade sim times.

Lecara Neryssah Catsup, Emit Relevart VIII - a female Emit Relevart who is directly descended from Rainflower and Annalove Ivy. Becomes an Emit about 2700 years after premade sim times.

Danner Ethus Dervippe, Emit Relevart IX - a male Emit Relevart who is mostly directly descended from EA progression-spawned puddings. He is those Emits that spawn when you try to put a second Emit in town. Becomes an Emit about 3600 years after premade sim times.

Clacso Salyery Kothas, Emit Relevart X - a male Emit Relevart who is pretty much descended from many premade playables in each town. Becomes an Emit about 4400 years after premade sim times.

Akori, Emit Relevart XI - a female Emit Relevart. Only has one name because by the time she was born, SimEarth had long past from the concept of families, people often were fastly aged up until YA where they became immortal, and 99% of children were born via genetic engineering or cloning, or even were plantbabies, alien abduction babies, and imaginary friends turned real. Akori was the first Emit Relevart to not have been naturally born, she was engineered from the genes of 10 people all of them long dead by the time Akori was born. Akori was born about 6000 years after premade sim times, and became an Emit at about 50 years old (but had become immortal at about 25).

Ren, Emit Relevart XII - a sexless, demifeminine identifying, Emit Relevart. Sterile and artificially born to a similiar technology to the ITF food replicators. By faer time, 90% of all sims were biologically sexless, sterile, immortal beings. Most of Akori's peers had been defeated by many wars and plagues. But by Ren's time, the SimEarth Sims dominated all galaxies in the SimVerse. Ren became an Emit Relevart 9000 years after premade sim times.

Ti, Emit Relevart XIII - another sterile being made by a replicator. Ti became an Emit Relevart 35000 years after premade sim times. The most common cause of death (comprising 99% of sim deaths) during Ti's time as an Emit, was killing yourself via suicide booths.

Vo-758-5, Emit Relevart XIV - Vo-758-5 was loomed alongside xer nine twin cousins. Xer name means that xe was the fifthborn of the 758th batch of loom "Vo". As customary, xe went by Vo and was mostly distinguished from the other Vo's by psychic links. Vo became an Emit 70000 years after premade sim times.

Ne-354, Emit Relevart XV - The batching thing was simplified, and the looms now loomed 1 immortal YA sim per batch. Which was born already having mastered all skills ever. Ne was the 354th sim loomed by the loom Ne, becoming an Emit 100000 years after premade sim times.

loomed sim 26, Emit Relevart XVI - Eventually, there was only one loom that was used to loom sims. It is no wonder that the 26th sim loomed from that loom, became an Emit Relevart 600000 years after premade sim times.

loomed sim 380, Emit Relevart XVII - Became an Emit Relevart 1000000 years after premade sim times. It was under zer that loomed sim 1000 was the last sim to be loomed. The SimGalaxy's population became static, all routine all the time, every possible advancement had eventually been done, and every planet had been terraformed and seeded with "clone eggs" of dead sims from long ago, in hope to populate them by fertile human subspecies to advance in their own ways.

Ko-Bah-Lay, Emit Relevart XVIII - The experiment proved successful. As the loomed population died off from phone booths and some battles, the clone eggs that were seeded on the planet whose moon was the one where Lunar Lakes was, hatched and grew up into an healthy civilization that was discovered by the loomeds and brought back to SimEarth. Many of them stayed in Oasis Landing, but a lot of them strayed and made their own cities around SimEarth. Generation passed, some loomeds and "clone egg sims" interbred with each other but rarely made fertile offspring. The fully-loomeds - except 380 - all decided to die off, and the SimEarth was thriving by the natural sims. Ko-Bah-Lay was one of those natural sims, and she became an Emit 2000000 years after premade sim times.

Bea-Groff Namber, Emit Relevart XIX - Eventually, the "clone egg sims" or "NuSims" advanced by themselves, to the point that (4000000 years after premade sim times) they were as advanced as the loomed sims became by themselves, homewher, 90% of them was born naturally, fertile, and not immortal. They even started taking back the surnames they would've had if Simanity had never decided to lose them. Bea-Groff (a male Emit Relevart) is the Emit of 3000000 years after premade sim times.

Tavu Rapoff al Kapoor, Emit Relevart XX - a male Emit Relevart who rose to the Earth-based intergalactic power position 4000000 years after Morty and Bella turned into children. He resurrected the 19 Emits before him, and together they became the Council of Emit Relevarts 5000000 years after Morty and Bella turned into children.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Those descendants.... they’re clones right :D ? Can’t imagine I’m a clone of one of my ancestors. Anyway, I really think it’s up to the player’s imagination.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    Let's put it this way. Suppose we start a new game with ITF in play today (rumors are that some players start new games, though of course it's a totally foreign concept to me...) and at some point in Generation 1 travel to Oasis then return home. No matter how many generations you play this game, dozens, hundreds, doesn't matter, you will never "catch up" to the ITF descendants that your first generation may have had produced for them.

I realize that doesn't really answer the original question either, but that's because as has been said, it's up to our imaginations and doesn't really have an answer. As a wise man also once said, I think he was a Doctor of some sort, time is not linear. It's "more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff." ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    Descendant is the opposite of ancestor. Your grandparents' descendants are those who are descended from them—your parents, your brothers and sisters, and any children that any of you may have
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/descendant
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    Probably 150-200 years. Aside from plumbots, hover cars, and food synthesizers I don't see many major advancements.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    Nikoa wrote: »
    Probably 150-200 years. Aside from plumbots, hover cars, and food synthesizers I don't see many major advancements.
    Hmm. How about the Zephyr transport system, crystal plants, digital pets, dream pods (guess those can be placed anywhere though), and genetic engineering available at the local hospital? And this isn't advancement really, but that thing about the ocean apparently having been transformed into a wasteland? ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    I think they just added whatever came to their minds without thinking about the timelines that seriously. I believe the team who did this were just like:
    -Dev1:Back to the Future has some cool hover cars and hover boards
    -Dev2:Cool let's include those. What about clothes though?
    -Dev1:I have no idea... but I recently watched Hunger Games and the clothing in that is superb!
    -Dev2:That's... Why not?
    igazor wrote: »
    As a wise man also once said, I think he was a Doctor of some sort, time is not linear. It's "more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff." ;)
    Triggered! <3 "I have no idea where he picks that stuff up"
    Gotta watch the 50th anniversary again! :)
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • Options
    @berginon - LOL, I was never really into Dr. Who but figured that would trigger someone here. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!