Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Have You Used Motels in your game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    So how would the hotel work? Like would you open it to everyone and people sleep and eat and stuff there?
    or would you have to create new sims to move in or something?
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'm just not getting it
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited October 2017
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    So how would the hotel work? Like would you open it to everyone and people sleep and eat and stuff there?

They are makeshift hotels on a venue lot. How it is built and set up determines the game play on all makeshift lots. All the hotels I have in my game are part of a nightclub (previous post) a bar and a restaurant. In my game the nightclub and the bar get some pretty heavy woohoo action but I have placed romantic aura objects, utilized lot trait, created flirty clubs and use the MC Command Center mod to be able to get random sim to randomly woohoo. It don't happen as often as it used to in beds since a patch or pack added the option to claim a bed though, but it still happens. Just mostly in the closet.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    now im temped to do this :0c
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    djmollsinodjmollsino Posts: 33 Member
    I've tried motels on numerous occasions, but it always ends the same: working prison. paint for me, townies. paint.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

My hotel is on the lot type "Restaurant" so sims will come to eat there. None stay overnight, but they do use the extras I've added like a bowling alley or a spa or a gym or a bar. My sims can stay overnight if I choose.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Hmm there is a mod but it might be outdated

http://modthesims.info/d/557003

I never tried it or you can use MC Command Center mod like they was saying.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm just not getting it

I also use a restaurant or a bar, just set it up like usual. One other member has used a Cafe designation. You will need bedrooms, so you can either build them by adding another section or story on to your building, or you can search on the Gallery using Hotel, Motel, etc, Download it, and tweak what you find until you get it how you want. Then take your Sim there, use the bar or cafe or restaurant, then go to the area of the lot with the bedroom, and sleep. Since you are doing this on a community lot, you can stay as long as you like, and sleep until you are ready to get up. Other Sims will just use the lot as normal. They may go into some of the rooms to watch TV if the rooms have them, but probably won't sleep there, unless the lot is a Park, and they are Homeless.

My next use of the Bed and Breakfast I built will be similar to this. My Sim's friend lives there, so it is a residential lot. I will go there to visit her. I want two of my Sim's other girlfriends to come as well, so I put them in a Club. You need to have Get Together to do this. When I'm ready to go, I will go into the Club Menu, and as the Leader my Sim can set up Activities. I will choose Sleeping, Showering, and Eating Food, and there is a Hot Tub there, so I will choose Use Hot Tub, and Drink Bar Drinks. I will travel to the lot with my Sim and start a Club Gathering when I get there. The three of us will do the Activities with my Sim's friend that lives there, so I don't think we'll get kicked out for doing inappropriate acts even when we sleep in the bedrooms, since it is a Club Gathering. I can't remember if I've ever tried starting a Gathering at someone else's house, but I think it will work. I'm working on finishing up the B n B, so I'll let you know how it goes when I try it.

If you want your friends to stay at the Hotel or Motel with you, and you have Get Together, you could use the Club System in the exact same way. I know for sure you will not get kicked out from a Community Lot.
  • Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    I made mine a cafe' and some guest do stay late enough to sleep in the beds. I have a coffin in one of the rooms and a townie Vampire took a nap in it. lol
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    I'm just not getting it

If you want to look at mine you will see I built motel rooms with small kitchens, full baths, a computer and television. Download if you would like to check it out. The barista just shows up when your sim visits it. Your sim could just live there if you wanted and they could work to save money while you build their house on their home lot. Just a thought. . :smile:

https://www.thesims.com/gallery/A8209830AC5B11E789219EACB025E4E3?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=VenusARussell&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    wow brilliant idea about the motel build i'd never of thought of that. does anyone know if they have one on the gallery for me to download?
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I built a "bed and breakfast" in Forgotten Hollow when it first came out. It was a place for my vampire slayer sim to go and stay while he was investigating vampires and their lifestyle and the connection between Vlad and Vivica Higganbotham.

jLuRSIj.png

OMpelvu.png

Vivica was one of my created sims who is a witch who was cursed by Vlad and wanted revenge....

2UcHV8U.png

I haven't finished that story line yet. lol

But yeah. The B&B is a nice addition to FH for sims to go see that world. I leave it as a generic lot. It serves it's purpose.
  • Options
    Katie123 wrote: »
    wow brilliant idea about the motel build i'd never of thought of that. does anyone know if they have one on the gallery for me to download?

I do. Look under VenusARussell
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited October 2017
    @5782341b77vl
    Welcome to the MOTOR INN
    jxzv6tq.png

FuyE2g3.png
    Bottom Floor
    y8iTYRX.png
    Top Floor
    ZqsLHZM.png
    Rooftop

Just look for the truck and car in the sky! :+1:

t9rNEGN.png
    Truck
    Aui25c1.png
    Car

4KgqYpM.png
    Floor 1
    3Mzn7y3.png
    Floor 2
    sgSFXND.png
    Typical room

BUILDER'S NOTES:

1.The design of the MOTOR INN is based on my HICKORY RIDGE APARTMENTS I made in Sims3

2. The long pass-thru hallway will be for Washers and Dryers and - if possible - vending machines (on both floors)

and how do you use this as a motel, how do you assign a room to a sim and keep other sims from going in the wrong room - this cannot work like the resorts in ts3
    Post edited by catmando830 on
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I loved your hotels and the whole idea! I have a shady motel in the desert world, but never really used it. Now I'm thinking about turning it into a cafe to send my new families there until they can afford a nice place. I don't like starter houses, now I might get rid of the few I left in my worlds.
  • Options
    BethTS4BethTS4 Posts: 111 Member
    This is such a great idea! I love building and storytelling, I'll definitely try it!
    NGNB-8EuRwCJ0he-_czY2g.png
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The Hotel I have is three stories. It has a Victorian look which I love. There is a restaurant on the first floor, two cheaper rooms on the second floor, and my suites are on the third floor, very fancy and beautiful.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    What I have done, something similar but not really, is I built a town house for two separate families to live in. I lock the doors so only members of each family can access their own home. I am in control of each family, but I like the idea of playing two families at once, each with their own story and goals, so I can switch between the two on the fly without any loading screens.