Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love the rats in the City Living starting apartments

SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
One ran circles around my feet was cute. I'm wondering if there is a way to feed or capture them.
Post edited by SodaGnome on

Comments

• xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited October 2017
    No unfortunately :/ Just decoration : (((
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Aw. Now I want a rat.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I saw them at the dock behind the karaoke bar.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I wish Cats & Dogs would give us ways to name creatures in the game, like the rat, the cowplant, maybe even plants why not hahaha
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    Oh yea.... maybe the cats in the cats and dogs expansion will chase the rats. But then you would need a rat invested apartment to see the animation. The rat holes in the walls are huge by the way. I have one in the living room and bedroom. When the exterminator comes, he just throws cheep mouse traps into the holes in the walls.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I don't mind the rats. They're kind of cute.
    It's the cockroaches that forced my Sims to move out of 19 Culpepper. They were making Ajax Vatore Tense all the time.
    Funny story: Couple of years ago I took a bag of trash out to a dumpster at my girlfriend's apartment. I opened the lid, and the only things inside were one bag of trash and a big, terrified rat. I felt sorry for the poor thing, so I set my bag of trash down near the other one, thinking that he could run up and climb out.
    Well, I no sooner set the bag down then he hopped on it, ran up my arm, and jumped off my shoulder into the darkness. I remember thinking: "Man, you're either really brave or very panicked. Either way, please don't bite me."
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I wish Cats & Dogs would give us ways to name creatures in the game, like the rat, the cowplant, maybe even plants why not hahaha

I would love to name my cowplant! :) and have cowplants with different colors, there are many different cows out there.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Well, I no sooner set the bag down then he hopped on it, ran up my arm, and jumped off my shoulder into the darkness. I remember thinking: "Man, you're either really brave or very panicked. Either way, please don't bite me."

OHMYGOD!! You really had TIME to think all that?! I would have just belted out a milk curdling scream that would have woken up the dead and started a zombie apoccolypse. My brain would have frozen.

Oh and the poor rat. I like them but I am somewhat of a germaphobic and a wild rat running on me. No.

I would love to name my cowplant! :) and have cowplants with different colors, there are many different cows out there.

Me too. Even though the cowplant scares the hide off me (I still haven't had the courage to plant one yet, even though one of my Sims are at that point in their gardening aspiration, I do would like to have it more part of the family and maybe more interractive. And the fish as well. I want to name the fishes.

• MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    SodaGnome wrote: »
    Oh yea.... maybe the cats in the cats and dogs expansion will chase the rats. But then you would need a rat invested apartment to see the animation. The rat holes in the walls are huge by the way. I have one in the living room and bedroom. When the exterminator comes, he just throws cheep mouse traps into the holes in the walls.

I wish the cats would do so with this next expansion (sighs). Or maybe they could react to the fish tank or bird feeders from SP with the water-slide... (forgot its name atm...lol!)
    Sharks need love too 🦈

I don't mind the rats. They're kind of cute.
    It's the cockroaches that forced my Sims to move out of 19 Culpepper. They were making Ajax Vatore Tense all the time.
    Funny story: Couple of years ago I took a bag of trash out to a dumpster at my girlfriend's apartment. I opened the lid, and the only things inside were one bag of trash and a big, terrified rat. I felt sorry for the poor thing, so I set my bag of trash down near the other one, thinking that he could run up and climb out.

Ok this is interesting. I just was filming 19 Culpepper for part 4 of a video series I'm doing and I was editing all the footage like 5 minutes ago and I saw some black specks on a wall as I was finishing up, but i just ignored it and figured it was video glitching or video noise....now I will go back and zoom in and see if its cockroaches. The rats were back and I filmed those.... but yea I'll come back here and post a pic if its roaches...never seen cockroaches in there or knew they existed....
    edited October 2017
    Geez thanks LibrarySim now I've got Cockroaches as part of my movie plot. Wow I was ready to delete those scenes.... no idea that black speck was a roach.... when I zoomed in I could see the thing crawling along the wall...really creeped me out. When I am editing game footage for a movie my edit screen is actually kinda small so I doubt I would have caught on that was a roach if I didn't read your post just now....Thx! You just added some punch... well Roaches..... to my ending!

6VpQfwI.jpg

Mv69YYp.jpg

uKdFg8T.jpg

I find that City Living apartment really interesting. One family I moved in there had a ton of electrical problems. In fact, the main fuse box there by the front door went nuts then we had a power failure for the whole apartment. Then another family I moved in there had the rat and now roach problem, but zero Electrical problems... Seems like you never know what will go wrong. Got a random fire on the deck too.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    Aw. Now I want a rat.

option 1 -

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=599665
    (visible) Mouse hole - wall decal
    *CL mousetrap (unlocked) decor (*requires City Living EP)

Option 2 -

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=600308
    (invisible) Mouse Hole - (for under counter, stove, fridge, etc placements)
    Base Game compatible

I've used several of these and had no problems with game play - even put ten in one house (just to test for lag) and got no issues.

Mouse comes out for awhile, runs around, then goes back to its hole (or under the counter).

Kinda wish my Sims would interact with the mouse (stand in a chair & screaming :lol: ), but strictly speaking, the mice are just decorative.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!

Kinda wish my Sims would interact with the mouse (stand in a chair & screaming :lol: ), but strictly speaking, the mice are just decorative.

I kinda thought this female sim reacted to the mouse. But then I dunno because she could have also been reacting to all the dead people in the urns or the liquid on floor or the remains of dead people on the floor. I just guessed she was upset about the mouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4SSNVJMMow
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    Are the Rats/Mice only in the City Living apartments
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member

Yes.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

In 2 of them to be precise.
    Which 2 I’m going to put my sims in a apartment just to see the rats but I want to pick the right apartment

• samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Which 2 I’m going to put my sims in a apartment just to see the rats but I want to pick the right apartment

They should be in the apartments that have the 'needs TLC' lot trait.
    Thanks