Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Stuff Pack/s should I buy?

Hey guys, I appreciate you taking the time to read this thread and potentially help me out. Considering that the Stuff Packs are $14.99 each, I am not going to get multiple. There are a few I have my eye on right now, and eventually, when I start working or something, I could get them all, but for now, these are my choices: Bowling Night, Cool Kitchen, Movie Night and Backyard Stuff. Most of this is solely for build/buy, and to help you guys help me, I already have all 3 EPs, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat and Fitness Stuff and Kids Room Stuff.

Thanks so much it's greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited October 2017
    I really like Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night, and Movie Stuff. The only pack I don't have yet is Fitness Stuff, and I'm still on the fence about whether it is worth it.
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    My fav stuff pack is Backyard Stuff - love the chimes, the lawn slide, the drinks pitcher and the bird feeder. They're just small things, but it adds a lot of ambience (chimes and feeder) that I love adding to most of my builds.

A also really like Romantic Garden - doh! though I see that's not on your list. But it's gameplay is actually better than I thought. The other day I was able to blackmail a sim for more than $2000 using the wishing well, that well's a bit "deeper" than I thought. Plus it has some lovely objects if you like making gardens, and the baroque radio station is lovely.

My least favourite stuff pack is Bowling Night - so disappointed that the activity right now, doesn't let you develop friendships at all. There's no multi-tasking while bowling, so no talking, eating etc. The skill is pretty useless too, just lets you choose a coloured ball. Nothing has been added for dates, which you can't actually do and bowl at the same time anyway. No unique venue, just added to a bar. But it does come with one of my favourite hairstyles in the game, and you might like the mid-century type furniture.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    If you're looking into building I would highly indicate Backyard Stuff (best SP imo) and Movie Night if we're picking between those, as they both come with very interesting objects.

Kids Room is also one I would indicate. The objects are actually pretty versatile and I find myself using them more than I thought I would.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    OceanicSimmerOceanicSimmer Posts: 88 Member
    My fav stuff pack is Backyard Stuff - love the chimes, the lawn slide, the drinks pitcher and the bird feeder. They're just small things, but it adds a lot of ambience (chimes and feeder) that I love adding to most of my builds.

A also really like Romantic Garden - doh! though I see that's not on your list. But it's gameplay is actually better than I thought. The other day I was able to blackmail a sim for more than $2000 using the wishing well, that well's a bit "deeper" than I thought. Plus it has some lovely objects if you like making gardens, and the baroque radio station is lovely.

My least favourite stuff pack is Bowling Night - so disappointed that the activity right now, doesn't let you develop friendships at all. There's no multi-tasking while bowling, so no talking, eating etc. The skill is pretty useless too, just lets you choose a coloured ball. Nothing has been added for dates, which you can't actually do and bowl at the same time anyway. No unique venue, just added to a bar. But it does come with one of my favourite hairstyles in the game, and you might like the mid-century type furniture.

Thanks for this, but my further question about Bowling Night is about the furniture. Many of my favourite Simmers on YouTube use these pieces of furniture and they look very simple and beautiful. I was wondering if the Build/Buy outweighs the problems with gameplay.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello :)
    This is link to a thread that contains details about each of the stuff packs. The simsvip guide in each stuff pack post in the thread contains pictures of the build/buy mode items, which may help you to choose what pack you would like for your game
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917567/guides-to-stuff-packs#latest
  • Options
    Hey guys, thanks for everyone's recommendations, today I picked up a Sims 4 Bundle which contains Dine Out, Movie Hangout and Luxury Party. When buying this I thought about what you said, and also the fact that I already had all of the other Game Packs. It is installing now, tysm. :blush:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hey guys, thanks for everyone's recommendations, today I picked up a Sims 4 Bundle which contains Dine Out, Movie Hangout and Luxury Party. When buying this I thought about what you said, and also the fact that I already had all of the other Game Packs. It is installing now, tysm. :blush:

Hello
    It is great that you bought the bundle and now have Dine Out and the two stuff packs in your game! :) Each of them are great packs for the game.
    Happy simming with these packs! :)
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Between those 3 I used Cool Kitchen the most, though Backyard is really good too. Depending on what you spend the most time doing. I love the cooking/baking skill. My favorite was Vintage Glamour.
  • Options
    SimiellaSimiella Posts: 36 Member
    I would get backyard stuff if you like to build och are a family oriented player which you probably are sense you have parenthood and kids room stuff. The same with cool kitchen stuff. Maybe you would like toddler stuff, that one has a lot of cute toddler clothes.
  • Options
    Rae357 wrote: »
    Between those 3 I used Cool Kitchen the most, though Backyard is really good too. Depending on what you spend the most time doing. I love the cooking/baking skill. My favorite was Vintage Glamour.

I bought Vintage Glamour last night, very neat :)