Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I do not think most of you can get it.

brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
so right now i am going to say i do not think any of you can get it. to know what its like to try your best to do something only to be told what you did was horrible. and to keep practicing and practicing but to never get it. even though you want to be decent and good at it i do not think you get what its like to constantly be told you are not good at it. for so many of you i feel like its so easy to not care that maybe no one likes what you do and infact are the worst at what you do. heck you may be lucky and not get discouraged by people who tell you how much you are not good. good for you if you are like that but that just shows how much you cant understand.

Comments

• Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    ...What?
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    What happened darling?
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited October 2017
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    heck you may be lucky and not get discouraged by people who tell you how much you are not good. good for you if you are like that but that just shows how much you cant understand.

That isn't luck. It's more of a life skill that's pretty important to have in order to make it anywhere.
    Acquiring it is really up to you and no one else, not luck.

A lot of people have gone through very difficult experiences and many people come out stronger from them, to chop it all up as "you're lucky and I'm not" is very unfair.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    Are you sure this experience is unique to you?

Sounds exactly like my time in graduate school. :D
  • Options
    heck you may be lucky and not get discouraged by people who tell you how much you are not good. good for you if you are like that but that just shows how much you cant understand.

That isn't luck. It's more of a life skill that's pretty important to have in order to make it anywhere.

A lot of people have gone through very difficult experiences and many people come out stronger from them, to chop it all up as "you're lucky and I'm not" is very unfair.

well i cant get that skill. i mean i have no idea what to call it that i cant. its called my problem which is not fair for me. that its too bad for me do it or dont and for whatever reason that i dont know why i am not.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member

well i cant get that skill. i mean i have no idea what to call it that i cant. its called my problem which is not fair for me. that its too bad for me do it or dont and for whatever reason that i dont know why i am not.

I kinda get what you're talking about, although most times I'm the one who's constantly putting my own work down (perfectionism is far from being something good). Anyway, when we leave our personal perspective on a side for a bit, we may see that what's you're referring to is just plain competitiveness; we are educated to achieve standarts someone set and everyone accepts as rule. We don't actually have to be good at anything, that's just what people expect from us. Social pressure might get us wanting to fit in, be admired, respected, the trick is realizing that it pretty much doesn't matter. Everyone has its own process of learning, and few will tell us that but we have time, we are actually whole as we are now. Figure your goals to work in your benefit, not against you.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    so right now i am going to say i do not think any of you can get it.
    It is a bit hard to read a block of text that lacks capital letters at the start of each sentence. :p
    to know what its like to try your best to do something only to be told what you did was horrible.
    That's a part of life. Though, personally, I am my worst critic.
    and to keep practicing and practicing but to never get it.
    There are things in life that some of us never get the hang of.
    even though you want to be decent and good at it i do not think you get what its like to constantly be told you are not good at it.
    Almost everyone has something like that in their life.
    for so many of you i feel like its so easy to not care that maybe no one likes what you do and infact are the worst at what you do.
    If it's English grammar and syntax you're talking about, yeah, you're lacking some skill there.
    heck you may be lucky and not get discouraged by people who tell you how much you are not good.
    In some things, I have had luck, and didn't get discouraged, instead, I got better. But in other things, I gave up.
    good for you if you are like that but that just shows how much you cant understand.
    You're at risk of sounding like you're whining. Stop it, go get some cheese, have a snack. Then do something silly, or just put on some music and dance like no one is watching.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Oh look. It's sappy story time with Brendhan again!

*Sips some tea*
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    It is a bit hard to read a block of text that lacks capital letters at the start of each sentence. :p
    to know what its like to try your best to do something only to be told what you did was horrible.
    even though you want to be decent and good at it i do not think you get what its like to constantly be told you are not good at it.
    for so many of you i feel like its so easy to not care that maybe no one likes what you do and infact are the worst at what you do.
    If it's English grammar and syntax you're talking about, yeah, you're lacking some skill there.
    heck you may be lucky and not get discouraged by people who tell you how much you are not good.
    In some things, I have had luck, and didn't get discouraged, instead, I got better. But in other things, I gave up.
    good for you if you are like that but that just shows how much you cant understand.
    You're at risk of sounding like you're whining. Stop it, go get some cheese, have a snack. Then do something silly, or just put on some music and dance like no one is watching.

how is doing what you just said going to help me.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Stop overthinking and just dance!

Let the goths show you how it's done!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jltKnDlH_OA

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    To be quite honest, I sometimes believe that you make these threads just to fish for attention.
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Stop overthinking and just dance!

Let the goths show you how it's done!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jltKnDlH_OA

tumblr_mimm0yohzl1r1yzswo1_401.gif
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    edited October 2017
    To be quite honest, I sometimes believe that you make these threads just to fish for attention.

I agree. Either that or he just wants people to pity him and waste everyone's time.

how is doing what you just said going to help me.

Movotti probably took a lot of time to respond to him and this was what all he said. If you think people's posts aren't going to help you, then why post here at all? We're just simmers. We're not suddenly professional psychiatrists or doctors that could help you solve all your problems. We do our best to give reasonable advice and this is how he repays our time and kindness.

I used to take a lot of my time to give him advice too but at this point, I don't think he deserves my time anymore.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif