Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NOTHING NEXT QUARTER

Comments

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I am going to say only one thing, I am so sick of others saying that this pack and that pack came out , but they do not seem to think that Not Everyone gets all the packs, there are some people in the world who do not get all the packs but only get certain ones for their type of game play, therefore they have to wait like Forever ! to get anything they can use in their games, so telling someone well this pack came out and that one came out, makes no difference what so ever cause they have to wait still for something they can actually use in their games, sorry for the Rant, but it just had to be said, thank you.

Basically this, yes.

If you don't like this years EP, for example, you have to wait another year to maybe get the EP you want.. (That is if we are keeping their current release schedule in mind).

This has been what ive been doing for 2 years now. Its a nightmare.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    That's right..nothing in this quarter but Cats & Dogs...a bit disappointing :/

C&D is a big EP that adds pets, the vet career, CAP color wheel and a new world for our sims. That's not exactly "nothing". Plus, there will be a patch with stuff like new roofs and, I'm guessing, there will be a Holiday patch. What more were you expecting?

Sorry...but how do you read? Did you not spot the part where I added "BUT"? And you realize all are different teams right?! So wether there is an EP or not...GPs and SPs still are releasing nothing
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2017
    Also Sims Mobile is due out by the end of the year and Sims on console is coming out with 4 add ons.

There may be undeclared free content coming as has happened several times already (recolours of BG objects/clothes etc to match new things coming in C&D like when Vampires/DO came out).

Extra half walls heights are also a possibility (they were found in the code and unlocked by a modder).
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Also Sims Mobile is due out by the end of the year and Sims on console is coming out with 4 add ons.

There may be undeclared free content coming as has happened several times already (recolours of BG objects/clothes etc to match new things coming in C&D like when Vampires/DO came out).

Extra half walls heights are also a possibility (they were found in the code and unlocked by a modder).

You mean EA/Maxis are gonna let me buy the game again on different systems? Oh wow I can't wait how very generous of them
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

You mean EA/Maxis are gonna let me buy the game again on different systems? Oh wow I can't wait how very generous of them
    Then don't buy it on console no one is forcing you to buy stuff.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2017

C&D is a big EP that adds pets, the vet career, CAP color wheel and a new world for our sims. That's not exactly "nothing". Plus, there will be a patch with stuff like new roofs and, I'm guessing, there will be a Holiday patch. What more were you expecting?

Sorry...but how do you read? Did you not spot the part where I added "BUT"? And you realize all are different teams right?! So wether there is an EP or not...GPs and SPs still are releasing nothing

Thing is, they won't massively diminish the sales of an SP or GP because it's coming out so soon before or after a big EP. It would take too much attention away from this other team's pack and many people can only afford one bigger purchase at a time. So it doesn't make much sense to release a GP or SP within that same time frame. And even if one SP more would still fit the budget, it would still suffer from being overshadowed by the EP announcement and release.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2017
    I am going to say only one thing, I am so sick of others saying that this pack and that pack came out , but they do not seem to think that Not Everyone gets all the packs, there are some people in the world who do not get all the packs but only get certain ones for their type of game play, therefore they have to wait like Forever ! to get anything they can use in their games, so telling someone well this pack came out and that one came out, makes no difference what so ever cause they have to wait still for something they can actually use in their games, sorry for the Rant, but it just had to be said, thank you.

Basically this, yes.

If you don't like this years EP, for example, you have to wait another year to maybe get the EP you want.. (That is if we are keeping their current release schedule in mind).

Yeah it really is plum.

We all know we will get weather/seasons down the line for example. It is just a matter of when?
    But that WHEN is kind a demotivating if that is the only EP you are looking forward to. We basically know by now that, at this release rate of EP's, the next possible Seasons EP is about a year away from now.. and it's not even safe to say Seasons will be the next one..

I kinda want Cats and Dogs. It's not my favorite EP theme, but I can live with that. Just a matter of how well they made it this time. I don't have very high hopes, since the past EP's were lackluster when it came to gameplay imo.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

Basically this! Yeah other packs come out, but with one EP a year, I am left wondering when I will actually get to enjoy this game? Ok for people who love Cats and Dogs, this year will be great for them. But what about people waiting for Seasons? I knew I wouldn't truly enjoy things until Seasons came out but I sort of thought maybe I'd see them by the three year mark. 4 years is a long time to wait for that one expansion I want to come out. And what if your top content is supernaturals? Or University? Or fame/superstar? How long will those fans have to wait?

Toddlers were great and I'm thrilled they started off the year. But I didn't bother with vampires or bowling (two things I strongly dislike), enjoyed Parenthood but fitness stuff was a flop for me and toddler stuff was fine but again not a significant game improving pack. And I really don't care for the pets expansions in sims. I always buy them and end up NEVER playing with pets. Why will this time be any different for me? I reallly think I need to get it on sale because my track record with liking sims pets is very poor. Anyway this is getting ranty so I'll stop now. I just got a new job as an ESL teacher so that's taking up a lot of my time and I'm thankful not to be bored and focused purely on games anymore lol! I can only hope it will make the wait less painful
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2017

Basically this, yes.

Yeah it really is plum.

We all know we will get weather/seasons down the line for example. It is just a matter of when?
    But that WHEN is kind a demotivating if that is the only EP you are looking forward to. We basically know by now that, at this release rate of EP's, the next possible Seasons EP is about a year away from now.. and it's not even safe to say Seasons will be the next one..

I kinda want Cats and Dogs. It's not my favorite EP theme, but I can live with that. Just a matter of how well they made it this time. I don't have very high hopes, since the past EP's were lackluster when it came to gameplay imo.

To be fair, Sims 3 got Seasons four 3.5ish years in. We're 3 years into Sims 4 now. If we get Seasons next fall, it's not all that different from the same as before.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

It's nothing at all when someone isn't interested. If they had allowed us to add and build in FH I would play that world a lot more than I did. But they didn't. Vampires are the best in the series, but the world as great and dark as it is, limited those with an overly active imagination. TS4 seems to want to curb imagination more than it wants to add to game play. Another new world is a big deal since we get so few, but no one knows 'yet' if you can even live in it, or how many lots or areas you can live in as a Sim. Some of the places seen in pics may not be liveable at all. :/ I'm not interested in the cats or dogs this time around, nothing against them just not interested this time in another pets' EP. But it's sparse if you wait a year between EPs to get something you might be interested in playing. Think about it, some don't want vampires, and little kids in their games, so they don't see much coming their way, (especially builders) if they don't like pets, either. It's been slim pickings all the way around. TS3 had too much content but at least it was more fluid and something to interest anyone who liked that game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2017

Basically this, yes.

Yeah it really is plum.

To be fair, Sims 3 got Seasons four 3.5ish years in. We're 3 years into Sims 4 now. If we get Seasons next fall, it's not all that different from the same as before.

That doesn't take away the fact that EP's release really slow in TS4. So, yes, waiting for such ''content'' is a real pain imo. There is no SP that can make up for that.

By the time Seasons came out for TS3, we already had a whopping 7! EP's.

Now we are already over 3 years in TS4, and we are getting our 4th EP in November. Go figure.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I think people are less concerned about not getting content this quarter and more concerned about the slow rate of content for the Sims 4 in general. And this trailer kinda exemplifies it. I don't care about some silly challenge or holiday themed clothes (not my thing personally, nothing against people who do like this), but I am worried that core gameplay will take forever or never be implemented in the game because of EA's greed. Every month we get a patch and there is nothing in it but a few fixes for various object clipping issues, but no patches for burglars, fear, likes/dislikes, terrain tools or attraction. They've had years to patch this stuff in, and they haven't. How long does this take, 3 years in?
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I think people are less concerned about not getting content this quarter and more concerned about the slow rate of content for the Sims 4 in general. And this trailer kinda exemplifies it. I don't care about some silly challenge or holiday themed clothes (not my thing personally, nothing against people who do like this), but I am worried that core gameplay will take forever or never be implemented in the game because of EA's greed. Every month we get a patch and there is nothing in it but a few fixes for various object clipping issues, but no patches for burglars, fear, likes/dislikes, terrain tools or attraction. They've had years to patch this stuff in, and they haven't. How long does this take, 3 years in?

It's a separate team that works on creating free things to be patched in. They were the ones that worked on the gender update and toddlers as well as the smaller things we've received along the way. It sounds like they're working on free stuff all year round so they most likely have another big project they're working on.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member

Agreed. No matter your opinion on TS4 you cannot deny that there's still drastically little content, and all content we're being given gets old super fast due to being extremely scripted and limited. That's not what this community is used to. It's not very wise of them to give people only one release for the entire quarter. A well thought out stuff pack right before christmas wouldn't hurt them. Could just be they don't want anything to overshadow the EP hype but the truth is, whatever comes out people will get. Can't see why the laundry stuff pack was planned for 2018. That's why people are so concerned. Yes, a whole new EP seems like enough gameplay for the duration of the quarter but if it's anything like the previous ones people are already worried they'll be done with hype within a month and you can't blame them.
    agustd wrote: »

Agreed. No matter your opinion on TS4 you cannot deny that there's still drastically little content, and all content we're being given gets old super fast due to being extremely scripted and limited. That's not what this community is used to. It's not very wise of them to give people only one release for the entire quarter. A well thought out stuff pack right before christmas wouldn't hurt them. Could just be they don't want anything to overshadow the EP hype but the truth is, whatever comes out people will get. Can't see why the laundry stuff pack was planned for 2018. That's why people are so concerned. Yes, a whole new EP seems like enough gameplay for the duration of the quarter but if it's anything like the previous ones people are already worried they'll be done with hype within a month and you can't blame them.

It's completely fine if that's your opinion and how you feel about the game but I don't know why you feel you can speak for everyone? I don't find myself getting bored of the content quickly or find that there's little content. Personally I still have lots to do in the game and am nowhere near finding it getting old. I completely understand that some feel that way but simmers are very different people with very different opinions and experiences of the game, it's never wise to generalise.

As for the lack of an SP, it's most likely due to the next one being laundry, which will take longer than usual due to needing to create things for a number of ideas so we could pick one, wait for poll results, and gather feedback from the community.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    If the EP is good, I won't mind. Hoping for a patch tho.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »

It's completely fine if that's your opinion and how you feel about the game but I don't know why you feel you can speak for everyone? I don't find myself getting bored of the content quickly or find that there's little content. Personally I still have lots to do in the game and am nowhere near finding it getting old. I completely understand that some feel that way but simmers are very different people with very different opinions and experiences of the game, it's never wise to generalise.

As for the lack of an SP, it's most likely due to the next one being laundry, which will take longer than usual due to needing to create things for a number of ideas so we could pick one, wait for poll results, and gather feedback from the community.

You're right, I sort of generalised here but months and months of seeing new threads about this issue pop up lead me to believe the majority of players finds the game lacking, despite it being fun. Even the ones who really love it. I myself am taking a little break now because as much as I like TS4, I feel like I've done everything there was to doo multiple times and I need some refreshment. The game's been out for 3 years and while the content is fun the replayability value is not comparable to what I'm used to.

The new stuff pack is not ready yet but it would be a good move on their part to have planned it for 2017, not 2018, back when the decisions were still being made.
    samlyt22 wrote: »

You're right, I sort of generalised here but months and months of seeing new threads about this issue pop up lead me to believe the majority of players finds the game lacking, despite it being fun. Even the ones who really love it. I myself am taking a little break now because as much as I like TS4, I feel like I've done everything there was to doo multiple times and I need some refreshment. The game's been out for 3 years and while the content is fun the replayability value is not comparable to what I'm used to.

The new stuff pack is not ready yet but it would be a good move on their part to have planned it for 2017, not 2018, back when the decisions were still being made.

The people on this forum are only a small fraction of the people that play the game and people are more likely to post complaining about something than just saying how much fun they're having. Those that are really happy with the game are more likely to spend their free time playing it than discussing it. I do understand how seeing those posts will make it seem like the majority think the same though.

They always have multiple SPs being worked on at the same time in various stages. They likely started this one as soon as they were able to and had it been a normal SP it would have been out in December, but the extra work involved means it's going to take longer and there's nothing they could have done about that.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    We're getting a major expansion pack in November what the heck is going on lol.

Some of you guys need to find a hobby to do maybe?? So much drama. Jeesh.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    Sorry I have to laugh but you are complaining we aren't getting a SP? So either you aren't satisfied with just the EP or you complain we are getting to many SP so decide while I laugh in the corner.

Who is this directed to?

If it's just people in general: some people like sp some don't so it's makes sense that on one end people are complaining at the frequency of sp while others are upset that this quarter doesn't have one.

If at single person: perhaps it is that they think we need more game content in general meaning they would want an sp or gp this quarter along with an ep but hope in other quarters they reduce sp so there can be another ep release. This sort of person doesn't hate sp for sp sake they just want more game-play content.

Unrelated to above quote:
    I personally dislike sp and have never bought one, I don't really care about their production though (I don't even care if we get like 300 a year)
    I do want more ep and gp though to fill out some game-play systems that need help and would have liked to have seen some more for this teaser. I didn't really expect more though so I can't say I'm more disappointed or angry than usual.
    It's not directed at one person just in general.
    Sorry I have to laugh but you are complaining we aren't getting a SP? So either you aren't satisfied with just the EP or you complain we are getting to many SP so decide while I laugh in the corner.

I'm sorry, but what exactly was the point of leaving this rude and unconstructive comment?

Sims community is not a hive mind. Just because at some point you saw many people complaining about the amount of stuff packs, doesn't mean every single player on here hates them. I personally never minded stuff packs - I love them. It's just the ones no one asked for are annoying to have around, like luxury party. Also, even if the number of stuff packs was overwhelming at first, times have changed. The lack of content in this game has become more of a problem recently and it made a lot of people change their opinion about stuff packs, as they actually bring us little bits of gameplay and possible hobby options for sims. This is a very vague thread so you'll see many different opinions here, both from people who don't like stuff packs, and those who like them. No need to get snarky and ironic.
    How is it rude I wasn't directly saying anyone and I didn't quote anyone so it's just in general.

It wasn't rude don't worry. Anybody who does not seem to agree with the majority is usually called rude. I found your comment quite funny and relatable.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I completely agree that new stuff is coming way too slowly and what makes the problem even worse is the fact that probably 30 % of the existing stuff is broken. What can you do in this game without running into absurdly dressed NPCs, overlapping public places, unplayable careers, Sims getting stuck in pools, bizarre obsessions like washing non-existant dishes etc. etc.? I really hope that they use October to fix a lot of bugs before the console version is released.

Urg! Overlapping public places is so annoying! It happened to me at the flee market, my sims couldn’t even eat.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited October 2017
    The more you ask for, the less you get.

All this new console stuff is coming out this Christmas. I'm sure everybody at EA enjoys feasting on our money, but bring out too many things at once is bad for long-term business. The Consoles aren't even getting all the Expansions just yet. They need to catch up.

My current wonder about them bringing out Console versions of these EPs is, will they fix them where broken? For example, all the bugs in Get To Work - will they fix them in the conversion to Console? And in doing so, pave the way for them being fixed for PC? Because people are not going to be happy if the console version of Get To Work is as broken as the PC version.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I'm not even surprised anymore....
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited October 2017
    ElenPink wrote: »
    We're getting a major expansion pack in November what the heck is going on lol.

Some of you guys need to find a hobby to do maybe?? So much drama. Jeesh.

Not every pack is going to have people jumping for joy. Ive been waiting 2 years for a decent ep, cats and dogs is great but i dont play with pets often which means another full year waiting for an ep. Thats 3 full year altogether spent waiting for an ep i find interesting so i think im within my right to be a bit miffed. All i can say is thank goodness we get gamepacks as they have been amazing so far! Im hyped for console tho.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Basically this, yes.

Yeah it really is plum.

That doesn't take away the fact that EP's release really slow in TS4. So, yes, waiting for such ''content'' is a real pain imo. There is no SP that can make up for that.

By the time Seasons came out for TS3, we already had a whopping 7! EP's.

Now we are already over 3 years in TS4, and we are getting our 4th EP in November. Go figure.

Ya, seven EPs even before Seasons sort of shows how dry TS4 is with content being released. Stuff packs are great (I always liked stuff packs but never did buy all of them) but they can't replace new interactions, activities, and places to go.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.