Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WCIF More Walk-By Mod?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
I searched MTS but may have overlooked it. If anyone has a link to the old mod that adds more walkbys on home lots I would appreciate it. I'm building a whole new London for Sherlock in the next month or so, and I'm going to need that mod so my streets are a little more busy. I do miss open/common spaces. But if I'm clever (not) I could build them in a way where Sims would walk around the houses to make it look like it's 'open space'. :D
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi :)
    This one? *Not this one* :(
    I don't know if it works with the later eps. :(

or Maybe make it a free home business?
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Cinebar

I use Cyjon's walkbys mod on the second page of the following website called All Walkbys and I have used it for well over a year without any problems..

DESCRIPTION: Makes it more likely that a walkby will be a sim you know.

However there are another 10 walkbys mods on the same link if you looking for a different style..

http://cyjon.net/taxonomy/term/49

@Rflong7

In all my many past searches I have never come across that one on mod the sims, another one downloaded to look at later to see what differences are to the one I am already using :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Oh my goodness! thank you both! Yep, I want one to increase the number on a daily basis and I like all those others, too, which determine who is the walk by. Great! Thank you all!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Cinebar The only mod I found to increase walk-bys was a mod made by a guy named Dizzy, called Process-walkbys: Makes one and only one walkby appear between 7am and 10pm on every hour. At dorms or greek houses, walkbys appear at all hours. Dorms get one walkby per hour, and greek houses get two walkbys per hour. At normal residential lots, if sims have the highest Romance LTA reward, a walkby of a particular gender may appear after half past the hour.

So it doesn't fill the streets, but it does make sims pass by more often then they do now. Unfortunately the site it was on is down, and the site that held the archives is down, but all of his mods updated for Apartment Life were put in a big dump file, that one included. You can find the link here: https://ilikefishfood.livejournal.com/41915.html You will have to download the entire folder and weed out what you want, if you are interested. I did find one on MTS, but it was abandoned, with a link to where this mod used to be, they said it was better. (Don't go there, I got one of those your computer is infested with viruses pages that I had to task manager out of the internet to get rid of, hence site gone..) :s

@SPARKY1922 Don't use that mod. In my research of the subject apparently the guy that made that mod is not exactly trustworthy with his mods. A lot of issues. Other modders have said they won't touch it with a 10 foot pole, even though they too were looking for a mod that did the same thing. That is not a ringing endorsement....use at your own risk.
    @JULES1111

OMG I feel terrible now apologies to @Cinebar I had no idea I was providing bad advice however in my defense I have been using several of his mods for over a year now and they appear to work okay but after what JULES1111 has said I have downloaded from the link provided to work my way through it.. I have at least 12 mods of this guy's so I will have to go looking for other mods by different creators when I get time so may need to ask you some further questions about mods in the near future :)
    @SPARKY1922 No no, I think you misunderstood, Cyjon's mods are fine and highly recommended. You were not providing bad advise. Sorry I should have been more specific. The mod I was referring to was the one on MTS Rflong linked to that you said you downloaded for future testing to see the difference.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    @SPARKY1922 No no, I think you misunderstood, Cyjon's mods are fine and highly recommended. You were not providing bad advise. Sorry I should have been more specific. The mod I was referring to was the one on MTS Rflong linked to that you said you downloaded for future testing to see the difference.

Oh.... Sorry. I'll remove the link. :(
    edited October 2017
    @JULES1111

sorry must have been half asleep again I thought you were referring to cyjons mods which I thought was strange as I have at least a dozen or so of his mods and have not had any problems to date lol Panic over other mod deleted before trying :)

@Cinebar

Now the confusion is out of the way you have at least 10-14 walkby mods of cyjons to choose from :)

• cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    How about a no walk by mod? My sims are antisocial hermits like me :p get off my sidewalk. If I can see you you're too close!
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    JULES1111 wrote: »

Oh.... Sorry. I'll remove the link. :(

Awe don't feel bad Rflong. :/ I never even heard of that mod until I started to see if I could find one for Cinebar. I just read other modders saying they would never download that mod or anything else made by that person, even if they were looking for a mod just like Cinebar. You had no way of knowing, and I wouldn't know if I didn't just happen to stumble onto that thread.

All is good **big hugs** <3

@cleo00 Ok that I can find nothing for. If I stumble across something I will let you know.
    cleo00 wrote: »
    How about a no walk by mod? My sims are antisocial hermits like me :p get off my sidewalk. If I can see you you're too close!

The link Sparky1922 gave has one for no walk bys. I read the instructions for all those, make sure you install the one you want there are some issues if you have more than one type in that list.
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Cinebar

I use Cyjon's walkbys mod on the second page of the following website called All Walkbys and I have used it for well over a year without any problems..

However there are another 10 walkbys mods on the same link if you looking for a different style..

@Rflong7

In all my many past searches I have never come across that one on mod the sims, another one downloaded to look at later to see what differences are to the one I am already using :)

Ah, thank you but I wanted the one Rflong linked because none of these increases the amount of walkbys per hour on home lots like the one over at MTS. That one increases Sims one per hour..that's busy too me, on a home lot out in the boondocks. lol But I guess I will avoid it since so many say it's a bad mod.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Cinebar

@Rflong7

Ah, thank you but I wanted the one Rflong linked because none of these increases the amount of walkbys per hour on home lots like the one over at MTS. That one increases Sims one per hour..that's busy too me, on a home lot out in the boondocks. lol But I guess I will avoid it since so many say it's a bad mod.

Cinebar you can grab the one I posted by Dizzy. It comes highly recommended. You will just have to weed it out of a download full of mods, I think there are about 20 in that file. So it shouldn't be to hard to find. That one also increases walk-bys by one a hour.