Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you delete your account on this website?

What the title says.
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Aw but you're awesome @Simpkin D:

Despite that though, if you really are looking into wanting your account gone, I think you would talk with a moderator.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2018
    [deleted]
    Post edited by Simpkin on
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Is it possible when Origin and all their game websites use the same user name? Any time you access the website you see that name.

If it were me I would just change my username and password on Origin and never access the website again.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    [deleted]
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2017
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I have a different username on Origin.

Yeah and accounts aren't deleted apparently. :/ just banned. Like it's gonna do me any good.

So do I. Just don't come here or post if you have had enough of the forum. I have put you on "ignore" Does that help? o:)
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    If you are having another issue, maybe bring it up to whomever you contacted. Again, you are awesome and you would be missed.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    What the title says.

https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/account/how-to-close-your-origin-account/

You have to talk to someone I think so they will understand what you want to close.

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    I'm pretty sure that I have seen members having their account completely removed from the site and just not banned. I know they have done it before as I have tried typing in some of the names in the past only to come to a page that says something along the line like "This member doesn't exist" or something like that.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Accounts can be deleted as in some old threads you will see a reply from someone just referred to as 'user' or something. No profile or anything related to it.

I have known of some troll accounts to vanish as well
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Accounts can be deleted as in some old threads you will see a reply from someone just referred to as 'user' or something. No profile or anything related to it.

I have known of some troll accounts to vanish as well

Take this thread for instance, it was made by a forum member that had been here since the old TS3 website but had chose to leave the site altogether, so they wanted their account gone completely and just not banned. Sometime later, the member who started this thread did come back but just made a new account using the same name that they had when they made this thread. So now the threads that was created by this user just states [Deleted User] as the author. So it is possible to have an account completely removed from the site. When clicking on the users name that started the thread, it just takes you to a page that says:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853519/forum-suggestions-and-requests#latest
    Deleted
    The content that you were looking for has been deleted
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @lisasc360 Yes that is what I meant, they just show as 'deleted user'

I think that you would have to directly request total deletion though to get that. I do know of some players who just left and asked to be banned
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It's possible to ask to be banned, or at least it was a while ago.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    [deleted]
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited October 2017
    I too have seen deleted users post. Weird. Maybe I actually have to start trolling hard, on purpose. The thing is, I want my posts gone aswell. Or if they stay I want my username gone on them.

I'll just start going through my comments list and edit as many as I can, to nothing, to "deleted".

With over 6000 posts that's going to take an awfuliy long time. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    [deleted]
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I too have seen deleted users post. Weird. Maybe I actually have to start trolling hard, on purpose. The thing is, I want my posts gone aswell. Or if they stay I want my username gone on them.

I'll just start going through my comments list and edit as many as I can, to nothing, to "deleted".

With over 6000 posts that's going to take an awfuliy long time. :)

I know :) Oh well.

Just out of curiosity: why so much work? Nobody is looking at old posts and your avatar name is completely anonymous ...
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    [deleted]
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2017
    I think it’s a good thing this is not possible. It would destroy entire topics if we all did that. Changing existing posts, removing the content and replacing it by ‘deleted’ is vandalism. I remember a simmer doing that once in a topic they started themselves, then later got fed up with the backlash (don’t remember what is was about but they had it coming). It was a good thing many posters had quoted this poster in their replies, otherwise the topic wouldn’t have made any sense anymore.
    5JZ57S6.png