Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon Challenge: Tribe Isla (3/14)

Comments

• Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    I have no idea why Myrina jumps to the conclusion that a child might help Katsumi, in my opinion she's still too young for that (how old is she, btw?). In her age, one aches for love - not for the responsibilities a child would bring with it. Of course, once it's there it will be loved but it would be hard for Katsumi to conceive especially if it's not with Kale. :/
    I'm curious if she's one of the few cases where that might help or if Myrina is still simply too young as well for the duties she must carry out now.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Katsumi is about 26, Kale would be 28 and Myrina about 20 to 21. Myrina is not prepared to he creator. She is not mature enough to handle responsibilities of being creator. Time will tell if her vhoice that a child would help Katsumi. I am thinking it won't because you can't really lose a romantic partner and replace it with a child. Myrina did not have a chance to learn more about how to be a creator. She is trying and jumping to conclusions about what she feels is best.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Katsumi is about 26, Kale would be 28 and Myrina about 20 to 21. Myrina is not prepared to he creator. She is not mature enough to handle responsibilities of being creator. Time will tell if her vhoice that a child would help Katsumi. I am thinking it won't because you can't really lose a romantic partner and replace it with a child. Myrina did not have a chance to learn more about how to be a creator. She is trying and jumping to conclusions about what she feels is best.

Oooh, they're older than I thought :o:D Guess I never get when children are really growing up, not even in others' stories. Still, with 21 Myrina is too young. I mean I wouldn't feel able to rule a tribe and I'm her age, so... Nope. That's just natural development.
    Yeah, that's what I thought about her decision too. A child will give Katsumi something else to love, but it's still not the same. :/
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    I agee. I would not be ready to rule anything at the age of 21. It doesnt help that her mother passed away too quickly for everyone's liking. Kat and Kale were very much in love, neither of them thought about the consequences of their romance in the amazon world. They were focused each other. They are still very young, too young it feels to be dealing with this.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I agee. I would not be ready to rule anything at the age of 21. It doesnt help that her mother passed away too quickly for everyone's liking. Kat and Kale were very much in love, neither of them thought about the consequences of their romance in the amazon world. They were focused each other. They are still very young, too young it feels to be dealing with this.

I really feel for Kat n Kale! Poor, poor things.
  • Options
    @lilypadmeulin It was sad having to split those two up but hopefully time will heal their hearts.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Note: This is more of a small filler. This takes place a few months after the spa chapter. Off screen Katsumi is pregnant and Geo is gone. Happy Monday all!
    2NyfiLO.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Poor Titus... :'( (What in the world?! They censored T*itus?! And now it appears again? What are you doing, forums?!) How should he figure it isn't his fault that Kale is gone? And I wonder how Katsumi feels now. Carrying a child of whom she knows it isn't her lover's one. :/ Aaaah I want it to be a girl!
    Demetria seems like a sensitive one and I appreciate that she's willing to help a slave. Should we worry about her use of the term prince though?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    I'm somewhat distrustful of Demetria, now, and HA I KNEW IT MIGHT BE KALE! So happy that he got to tell Kat he loved her before he had to leave.
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney At one point Demetria lived in a place where princes and princesses had a chance to rule. I don't think we have to worry about her calling Ti a prince. Both Ti and Kat will get over Kale leaving. It will just take time. Katsumi should find away to tell Ti that Kale was okay. Maybe Kale shows up again before getting busy doing other important things. I am hoping that Katsumi has a girl too.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    @lilypadmeulin Yes! I don't know how I missed him walking into the spa. He did nothing but seek out Kat and kiss her. It was cute but Kale should be more careful. He has some things to do other the seeking out Katsumi when she leaves the home plot. I am curious, what about Demetria makes her distrustful?
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    @SpectresValkyrie I'm thankful the baby isn't his - otherwise he'd show up on the home plot after Kat gives birth!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Note: I can't say this is one of my favorite chapters. More filler but Monday is Katsumi's nooboo day. Or that is the plan anyway. Enjoy
    bjHCK1q.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Just noticed that Demetria is gorgeous with her huge eyes! And that I liked Kat's style better before she cut her hair, but she's growing up and the new hair fits her age better :#
    It's good that Demetria was strong and suspicious enough to resist the old woman. That Titus would go surprised me though and even more that Demetria allowed it. The Amazon Goddess over here got truly mad, wanted to shake him and yelled all over: " 'No harm in looking?' What if the doorstep can pass evil on to you?" :joy: On the other hand, the store was beautiful... But don't tell him that :#
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    The store was fun to build and was going to have more things like rare fish and atmospheric colored lights. Sadly the fish didn't want to work with me.
    To be fair it was Ti's first time off the island and he wanted to explore but it would be very bad if he brought back some bad magic to his home. So it is good that Demetria was watching out for him.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Sorry everyone but I need to delay today's chapter. Due to some personal conflicts I was unable to finish the chapter but I should have it posted by tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Note: Sorry for this delay. College classes and some vet visits for my kitten has kept be busy. Apologies for the delay. I have finished, deleted and rewritten the chapter a few times today. I am still not happy with it.
    sz2cIal.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Ooh, I feel so much for Katsumi! You manage to tug on my heartstrings so much, and these past two chapters...also TWINS! YAY!
  • Options
    Just like expected, children didn't take Kat's heartache away... The creator will be astounded when Kat declares her decision to leave or just disappears one day. Poor twins, as it seems now they won't see much of her mother (if at all). :'( And although I'm sure the other tribe members will take good care of them they won't have anyone related to them by blood.
    I must say I don't like Kat's decision although it's easy to see why she'd do that. But the queen doesn't appear to be a kind or at least wise woman. There are so many other tribes she could go to, why of all would she want to serve a queen who has the reputation to be strict anyway?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @lilypadmeulin Tribe Isla gets a lot of twins. I am sure Katsumi will be fine.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney Myrina knew that Katsumi had be summon to see the queen but she will be surprised that Katsumi will be forced to leave. You cannot defy the queen of the amazons. Lets just hope Katsumi does a good job. Hyacinth is not a kind ruler. She leads with an iron fist or so the rumors go. Katsumi was thinking about how living in the queen's household would give her children a chance to grow up in a safe place and be whatever they wanted to be with in reason of course. Katsumi also isn't fond of how Myrina rules. Myrina does not know what she is doing and doesn't have anyone to direct her in the way of how to rule.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Note: Happy Thursday? I do hope everyone has a great Thursday. I personally do not like how this chapter turned out. I can't explain why but the story needed to advance.
    tVwTiCM.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, I really dislike this Melody woman! How dare she go after Kale like that? Poor Kat, too, having to leave her little ones like that.

I loved this chapter, though! I liked how it turned out. Keep your chin up - you're an amazing writer and I look forward to every chapter!
  • Options
    @lilypadmeulin Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I might just be in some sort of rut and disliking my writing due to school or something but I dont know. But still thank you for reading and your kind words.

I do feel bad for Kat. She made some difficult choices. I am debating on having one of them go with her. So it won't be so bad but I am not sure who to send or if it makes sense story wise.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Oh goodness at the banner already I thought of how dark both of the twins are... Didn't really take a closer look at them the last chapter. And when Melody remarked that they resemble Kale's brother (I do know his name but avoid to write it since it was censored the last time :D ), it was the sudden realization that they are. Oh, Kat. What have you done to Kale! :hushed: Now he will be hunted and let's hope they won't get him :cold_sweat: If you knew, you'd feel so guilty... But you can't do anything about it any more now.

Edit: The same I told @lilypadmeulin of course applies to you and anyone else, as well. If you don't like a chapter, don't tell your readers before. If you feel like you should, do it after they've read and given feedback. Otherwise, they'll look out for mistakes even if it is unconsciously. I've made that mistake myself the one or other time and it is pleasant to get assurance that the chapter was good, but you'd get that anyway. Personally, I agree with @lilypadmeulin that I liked it very much!
    Another things I forgot to mention, I'm not quite sure what to think about Melody. Sure she seems like a hard woman but she does care about the queen a lot and at least she smiled at Kat's children. Which tells me she can't be that mean. For now, it seems like she's following the rules and while this means disregarding ethics, can we hold it against her? She'd be punished if she didn't, she grew up with those certainties.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26