Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon Challenge: Tribe Isla (3/14)

Hello! Welcome to my amazon challenge! This is staring the tribe of Isla. The Isla tribe lives on an island called Helike. Helike was an ancient Greek city-state that was destroyed by an earthquake and sunk into the sea by the resulting tsunami in 373 B.C. For the purpose of the story, Helike is a small island off the coast of the Amazonian territory. The island has been plagued by misfortune since it was settled.

Generation One
SUB6miE.png
Mahina the First Creator

Mahina was just a baby when a plague swept through the land. She was the only one to survive the illness. Once she comes of age she will be tasked with rebuilding the ruins of her once-great home. Mahina has a long way to go and a lot of trouble ahead of her.

Generation Two
pWS5rmh.png
Myrina the Traitor

Myrina is the only daughter of Mahina. Unlike most creator heiresses Myrina was raised by both of her parents. She was raised with the idea that she would run Isle with her word as law. She took those words to heart. Myrina's word was law and no one not even her brothers would change her mind once it was set.

Generation Three
UDr4s2r.png?1
Meri

Meri never wanted the title of Creator or the problems that come with it. She would much rather have gone with her father and live the simple life. doesn't understand why her father left her on Isla. As time passes Meri finds more and more challenges ahead of her.

ETagn5d.jpg
Post edited by SpectresValkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2019

The island nation of Helike was a proud and cheerful island. Home of one of the most powerful groups in the ancient world. The Amazons. Proud women warriors who spread from Themiscyra to most of the surrounding nations. The large sprawling city was built up in generations.

9NvtS22.png

It was a time of peace for Helike. The tribe was thriving.

Pg9IgST.png

What happened next tore through the island. An illness swept through the city with such speed and ferocity it was called the Wrath of the Goddesses. The rumors of the Wrath of the Goddesses reached Hippolyta. She sent the High Priestess Neferti to see if the rumors were true. Neferti was horrified at what she found. The people had collapsed where they were working.

ImWsU5T.png

Neferti searched all over the city. The later the day go the more discouraged she became. She hadn’t found a living soul. She was about to give up when the sound of crying reached her ears. A young girl had survived. She must have wondered away from her teachers when the illness struck. Neferti wondered how long she had been alone.The High Priestess picked up the child and took her away from the cursed city.

Gcqv7zB.png

-19 years later-

Mahina couldn’t believe it. It was finally her young adult birthday. Mahina couldn’t wait to get away from this temple. She didn’t hate the place or the High Priestess but she wanted to be free from the temple’s responsibility and meditating on the Goddesses.

dHINIkz.png

Neferti had warned that tomorrow would change Mahina’s life forever. Gone were the days of following the priestess and her rules. The days of a young priestess were going to be replaced with days of making her own rules and running her tribe. Like the warrior queens of old.

Mahina was running back from her studies. Neferti would yell at her if she saw he running. Neferti said it was unladylike to run. She would say “it is unsuitable for a soon to be creator heiress to run anywhere and the she should walk with grace”. Neferti might have had a point but Mahina was too excited to care.

r7ZN285.png

The smell of Neferti’s cooking wafted through the halls of the temple. Rarely did the high priestess cook but when she did it was always perfect.

“Greetings Neferti!” the young woman called. The High Priestess was putting the finishing touches on the cake.

“Good Afternoon Mahina. Happy Birthday! Your gifts are waiting for you and we can have cake after” the young priestess was smiling widely but there was a hint of sadness in her eyes. Mahina took the box that was addressed to her and sat on the floor.

VwVyr2L.png

“A gift for the next creator of Helike. Teeth from the Python. Given to your ancestor by Apollo. The bracelet is silver. Blessed by Artemis. The gemstones are a gift from the sea gods to protect you from the harms of the world” she explained. “Tomorrow is a big day. I am very proud of what you have become and I hope the goddesses will bless you and your time as creator”

Mahina was touched.

“Thank you, I mean thank you doesn’t seem to say enough for all you have done for me Neferti. You raised me and cared for me like I was your own and these gifts” Neferti stopped her.

“The goddesses saw fit not to give me a biological child but you are the closest thing I have to a child and I could never be more proud of you. Now let us celebrate your birthday” the high priestess lead Mahina to her cake. Mahina blew out the candles and celebrated her last day of childhood.

Ucx1C3I.png

Tomorrow would bring many changes to Mahina’s life.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019

The day had finally come. Lady Neferti had woken me up before the sun. She said I had last minute things to prepare. Normally she would take care of the supplies for building but this was my job now. Or it will be on my tribal land. I left the temple and headed toward the docks. I needed to meet up with the men who would be working to build a future for the tribe.

NmpNNPo.png

I met up with the two men. Both had come from the mainland with the wood, stone and other items needed to build. I was told their names were Adonis and Cesar. Both were well trained men from their village to do a multitude of things. While the things they did were far from perfect they did hard work. Or that was what the ship’s captain told me.

We walked in silence from the dock to the village land. I was partially grateful for that. I don’t know what to say to them. I doubted that “Hello, I am Creator Mahina” would be proper. I didn’t have too much time to worry about this. We arrived at the village quickly.

My heart sank. The place was in ruins! There were crumbling towers, weeds and a small swamp that was starting to fill the land where buildings once stood.

nkzOgWJ.png

“Lady Creator?” I looked over at the man who had spoken. He gave me a warm smile. “We were told of the situation of the land where the tribe will be. Worry not we will have everything ready to go real quick”

“Thank you” I replied. They set to work right away. They filled the swamp land and cleared away most of the vines that were claiming the crumbling buildings. Soon the remains of the buildings were gone and foundations were set. A small camp was set up. For now I lived in a small ramshackle hut. There was a campfire and table to cook some food. The men lived in tents. They didn’t seem to mind. If they did they never told me.

c0iJL9j.png

A few days later the blond man, Adonis told me that they would finally begin building actual housing. I was grateful for that. I hated living in the small hastily made shack.

Adonis was in charge of building. Watching him work was fascinating. Once he given the designs for buildings he would set to work. He worked quickly and his wood working skills were impressive. We had a few real huts after a few days of work. They were small but perfect.

UhshkUD.png

Cesar helped with building but his real passion was gardening. He had plots of land set up for eat thing they planted. He could tell what soil was best for each type of plant and how much light a plant should get. He promised that we would soon have a thriving garden.

ftbbUDL.png

All the work and supplies for buildings had drained the funds we needed. I instructed the men to sell any excess of items we had. Cesar had set aside some of our harvests to send to the mainland. Adonis worked on small wood carvings. While they weren’t worth much they did make some money.

I tried to help bring in some money as well. I had a love of painting. When I was younger Neferti allowed me to finger paint. I wasn’t great at it but what toddler is. Now that I was adult I wanted to actually learn to paint properly.

fLFA6Cr.png

Now that we had buildings to live in, sustainable food and a decent income for the tribe I had a decision to make. I need an heir for the tribe. One of the two men would father a child and then be sent to appease the goddess. I was not sure which to choose.

Cesar worked magic on the gardens. He is passionate and kind but he had a hot headed streak from time to time. He would be too bold and refuse to work from time to time. No often but enough to make some of the days building far more exhausting then it needed to be.

VxeuDT1.png

Adonis, the builder was different. He is a lot more calm and reserved. He did his best to get work done and make things less stressful. He tried to keep things friendly and light. He is kind and hard working.

iXtCkEb.png

I have come to call them both friends over the past few weeks. Not that I could say this, it would be improper. I do not know if I could stand to loose either of them.

The Goddesses of life Kala and Hira did not like to be kept waiting. They grew tired of my indecision and sent someone to help hurry along the decision. The sun rise of the new week brought a young woman and her traveling companion to me.

“Greeting! You must be Lady Mahina. I am a Shaman of Goddesses, sent by Queen Hippolyta. My name is Rei”

L52JPKp.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    I'm reading on your blog but since I didn't find a way to leave comments there, I'll do it here. :) I like your start so, everything appears to be calm for now. The prologue was great to give an insight into the events before the actual story and to make curious *whispers* I loved it! So I'm looking forward for the next chapter. :)
    The only thing to confuse me was that my heiress's name is Hippolyta and I'm already playing gen 2 ingame, so when "queen Hippolyta" was mentioned I had to sort out first that this isn't my beloved Lyta :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney I am glad you liked the start! I just used Hippolyta because she was one the amazon queens with the more interesting history. It was between Hippolyta and another one. I have plans on expanding on the prologue and the main goddesses they follow.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney I am glad you liked the start! I just used Hippolyta because she was one the amazon queens with the more interesting history. It was between Hippolyta and another one. I have plans on expanding on the prologue and the main goddesses they follow.

That would be interesting! I'm always in to learn more about their culture and beliefs. ;)
    The other queen in question doesn't happen to be Penthesilea, does she?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    While Penthesilea is awsome(she was in the choices but the belt of Hippolyta won me over) and her apprent role in the Trojan war is really cool, no. It was going to be Myrina due to her fighting the atlanteans and destroying their city of Cerne.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    *totally pretends to not have looked Myrina up* Oooh, I didn't know her yet. But she sure has accomplished great deeds!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    She has done a lot of interesting stuff and the amazons tended to have some really cool queens. I had to look her up too when doong some research for amazons. There are so many awesome leaders.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Note: I had a lot of trouble writing this chapter. I couldn't get the beach scenes the way I wanted but I think it turned out alright. I am sad to say goodbye to one of my favorite sim boys. He was a great character in game and totally head over heels for dear Mahina. I am working on the next chapter that should be out later in the week depending on how my muse works and my college and work schedules. Anyway enjoy.

The newcomers had settled in quiet well. The man Rei brought was called Kikyo. Cesar took him under his wing. He showed Kikyo the ways of gardening in the island soil.

fSRsGef.png

Kikyo had brought recipes and spices along with them. He enjoyed cooking and was more then overjoyed to cook for so many people in the village. He was a little disappointed by the vegetables. The tasted different, probably do to the soil difference.

Ozfky3j.png

Rei enjoyed her new home. Lady Mahina was a very kind but a bit naive. She had showed wonderful hospitality. Mahina had given Rei a wonderfully hand carved meditation mat. The fresh air and relative silence of the island helped her keep in touch with the spirits of the island.

QpF7YCH.png

It had taken some time but Rei had gotten Mahina to speak of who she would choose as father to the tribe’s new child. The way Mahina spoke about them endeared her to Rei. The shaman never heard a woman speak so kindly of men with such obvious love for both men. It was a difficult choice but Rei had a bit of a bias towards one man over the other. It shouldn’t be hard to help Mahina make a choice.

LgNioef.png

With some soul searching and help from Rei, Mahina had made her choice. She requested he meet her down the cliff-face beach next to their village. She would tell him that she wanted him to be the father of the new tribal child. He could decline of course but because she is the Creator he would have a dishonorable death or a cursed banishment. If he accepted they would walk into the surf together. If he tripped and fell into the sea at any point while they were walking it would mean he is not blessed by Kala and she would have to choose someone new to meet her the next night.

She crept through the silent village. Thankful for the sounds of the world around her. It helped calm the butterflies in her stomach.

8ds5SVC.png

Weeks Later

Even as the weeks past Mahina could not forget that night. The had walked into the sea and gotten their blessing from the goddesses. Neither of them had fallen to the sandy sea floor. Mahina was grateful for that. Partially because of the blessing and because the sea was so cold. Surely they would have gotten deathly ill if they had been drenched.

She could still remember the kiss Cesar had given her. He had done everything with passion, the kiss was no exception. It had left her wanting more then kisses under the moonlight.

FTOkSsP.png

The walk to the private quarters had gone agonizing slow for Mahina. The nervousness that had plagues her most of the evening gone. Cesar had been so kind to her through it all.

pj5VTZt.png

As the days had progressed from that night Mahina had found herself feeling ill. The churning of her stomach had plagued her all the time. From some of the books she had read in school gave her a vague idea of what was happening. Morning sickness. She hoped that was the case. It would mean she was blessed with a child.

PclOwFd.png

The constant churning of her stomach was driving her mad. She went to find Rei. Rei knew many herbal remedies for this kind of thing. Hopefully the shaman could help her with this issue. She hurried to the Shaman’s meditation corner.

“Oh dearest lady! Forgive me for saying but you do not look well! Maybe you should lay down” a voice broke through Mahina’s daze.

“Kikyo” she greeted. “Your concern is appreciated but I need to find Rei” At these words the man looked slightly guilty.

“Apologies dear Lady but Mistress Rei-” he paused for a second before quickly correcting himself. “Shaman Rei is out collecting herbs today. Perhaps I can be of assistance? I have assisted the Shaman with some herbal remedies before”

vBdiZNg.png

“That would be wonderful” Mahina found herself praising the goddesses for sending her Rei and Kikyo.

“What plagues you dear Creator?” he asked. Mahina rattled off her symptoms. Kikyo nodded.

“I know just the thing to easy what ails you! I will bring you some tea to help” he dashed off to gather the ingredients.

aSIL5To.png

Later that evening Mahina and Rei discussed the future. The tea had helped settle Mahina’s stomach but she had gotten another sign. Her belly had started showing that a new life was on the way. Both had agreed at sunrise that Cesar would be sent to the goddesses. Apparently Cesar’s group of men praised the early morning sunrises. Rei would paint his face and give him a prayer to help him pass into the underworld and leave the rest up to the gods.

dGLAu5d.png

The morning came too quickly for Mahina’s liking. She was not ready to say goodbye to Cesar. Part of her wanted to say “forget the gods!” and let Cesar live but Neferti’s warnings kept her from doing that. His half smile sent warm spending through her.

“You look so worried Lady Mahina!” he cried out. “Worry not! I have prepared for this. No spirit or monster will dare get to this tribe while I protect it from the other realm!”

She laughed at that. Cesar was trying to keep this from being a sad affair.

“I will miss you Cesar. Kala is a lucky goddess to have you as a chosen warrior” she replied fighting back tears. He leaned in and pressed a kiss against her cheek.

“I am honored to have loved you my Lady” he whispered before turning and jumping into the watery pit. Mahina left the pit not wanting to see the goddess claim him. She ached to run back and pull him out of the water but she did not.

4ior6Ij.png

Cesar lasted until the early hours of the day. Adonis found him and the hooded reaper. He knew that the reaper worked for Hira. He took the souls to be judged for their life choices. Adonis let out a few tears before running to get the Shaman.

m2OtDOC.png

The shaman moved the tombstone to it’s proper resting place. She gave him final prayers. She pleading that the goddess give him safe passage and recognize what he had done to help the young tribe grow and thrive. She spoke of his accomplishments and how he would make a fine warrior to Kala.

lDHWlPD.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Oh no, Cesar! :o I voted for him as father of the possible heiress because I liked him but now it's just too sad :'( He was so brave and caring for others until the end, really extraordinary. <3 May the queen be blessed by the goddess and bear a girl.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Oh no, Cesar! :o I voted for him as father of the possible heiress because I liked him but now it's just too sad :'( He was so brave and caring for others until the end, really extraordinary. <3 May the queen be blessed by the goddess and bear a girl.

Cesar was an interesting sim. Not the best worker when it came to things other than plants. I could barely get him out of the gardens. He was head over heals for Mahina from minute one. He is dearly missed.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Note: I can't say I am super pleased with this one. Mostly because I do not know how to properly write babies being born but I tried. It isn't great and I am sorry about that. I might end up fixing editing to chapter later on to something a little more to my liking and I am planning on putting out a few more chapters tonight and tomorrow. So possible double update tonight.

The loss of Cesar plagued the village. Everything that could go wrong did. Nothing could seem to get clean no matter how hard Adonis and Kikyo worked. The pipes burst. Sinks overflowed. The garden didn’t seem to produce as much fruit.

vqx2WQW.png

Mahina felt like the land was cursed. Not only did nothing work but these broken appliances just caused her more frustration. First the goddesses claimed Cesar and then they saw fit to cause so much havoc in her home.

nnuUKGO.png

This apparent curse and had aching body had her in an already bad mood. It was getting worse with Adonis sneaking around. He had been working on a project. He wouldn’t tell her anything. He just gave her a pleasant smile and continues working on his project. Kikyo had been working hard but overly quiet and withdrawn.

52n6LXw.png

Rei had been the only cheerful one. She had mourned Cesar for her allotted time but she was at peace with his passing. The shaman always seemed to be around when she was needed. She was buzzing around the village working just as hard as Kikyo and Adonis.While the men tried to keep things running smoothly, Rei tried to keep up everyone’s spirits.

KS85mxu.png

During the evenings Kikyo would come to her.

“I do not know how you handle this so well Mistress Rei” he sighed. “It feels as if a darkness is trying to consume my very being”

The loss of Cesar seemed to hit him the hardest. Those two had become fast friends and during his down time Kikyo would visit his grave. Rei had not realized how badly this was effecting her friend. He had never been this devastated.

“Oh Kikyo!” She reached for him, holding him at arms length. He would never allow her to hug him so this was as close as she could get.

“Kikyo, darling! I know this hurts but take faith that he is with the goddesses. While he is not here with us, he is safe and happy. He would hate to see you, Creator Mahina or anyone in this tribe in such pain!” she did her best to console her heartbroken friend.

6rhLfrN.png

“Thank you Mistress Rei. You are very kind” wiped the tears that were spilling from his eyes.

“I can for you very much Kikyo. No need for thank you, I am happy to help you” she smiled warmly at the grieving man. His spirit seemed somewhat lighter then when he first entered.

s4Zt9Ow.png

A shout from nearby cut their conversation short.

“please wait here Mistress Rei” Kikyo ran from the hut towards the sound of the shout. Rei sighed and shook her head. Men could be so ridiculous. She changed from her meditation clothing into her daily clothing and went to rouse Adonis. It was time for lady Mahina’s child to come into the world and the surprise Adonis made had been finished earlier that day. It was time to unveil it.

Rei found Adonis getting up out of bed.

“Adonis! It is time for the young creator heiress to come into the world I need to you to retrieve these for me and meet me at the door to Lady Mahina’s hut” the shaman instructed. Adonis nodded sleepily and went to get fetch the items.

1o7wF1N.png

The shaman rushed to find the creator. She was outside on the terrace.

“Lady Mahina!” Rei found the creator gripping her belly and crying out in pain.

“By the Goddess! This hurts” the creator groaned.

“I know my lady” the shaman tried to help sooth the aching woman as she took Mahina to her room.

wEFidfl.png

Mahina was ushered into a room that was built off the side of her hut. It had been empty since it was built and the creator had a moment of surprise to see it furnished and beautifully decorated.

“Adonis built the whole thing. We were hoping to surprise you tomorrow but the young heiress seems to disagree” Mahina didn’t have time to marvel at the craftsmanship of the room. Her child wanted out now.

HHIbGcz.png

Mahina had sent the shaman and the rest of her tribe out of the room hours ago. In the early morning light she laid the crying newborn into the basket.

“hello sweet baby” she cooed. The baby looked up at her. The baby was so small and fragile. She felt a a surge of protectiveness. This child was of her blood and Cesar.

“I promise dearest love, I will protect you and I will let nothing in the world harm you”

PIuRBQG.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Note: Double update! Here we go!

Rei was happy that the final days of her trip were over. Rei had left the morning after the creator’s child was born. Mahina had told her about the promise to keep the child from harm. Rei in turn swore to the goddesses that she would help. Rei had begged the creator to allow her time to search for the Witch in the Wilds. The Witch was said to posses plants and abilities that would help the child be safe. Mahina had agreed.

yxnEstp.png

The Shaman didn’t expect to be gone so long. It had taken months to get to the wilds. She couldn’t help but worry for her tribe back home. Before leaving she left writings on how to properly care for a child. Rei had helped raise her siblings when she was younger so she had the most experience. She had a feeling the baby would be in safe hands.

ehlXFOw.png

Rei traveled from village to village until she traveled past the farthest village. It took months to get this deep in the woods. There were places to eat and sleep in the woods but not comfortable. The only upside was that she had found many new types of plants and fish to bring home. She could identify most but needed to grow her knowledge of herbs for some of the others. Rei collected as many sample as she could.

Ke4XZxA.png

Towards the final days Rei vowed to find the Witch in the Wilds. She spent most of her days a night wondering the woods. She stopped to set up camp for food and rest but never stayed in one spot for more the a few hours.

2SzuulK.png

She was about to give up when she stumbled onto a small clearing. There were many plants growing in neat rows. A woman dressed in rags kept tending to one of her gardens with her back to Rei. She went to call out to the woman when she abruptly stood up.

“Hello child of spirits” her voice sent chills down the young woman’s spine. It was both friendly in a grandmotherly way but other worldly and ancient.

“Greetings dear lady. I am looking for the Witch in the Wilds” Rei swallowed dryly. If this was the fabled witch she could destroy Rei’s very spirit. The old woman cackled.

“Of course you are dear! I know what you seek” she older woman walked closer. Shedding her old lady skin and appeared younger and reminded Rei much of her old teacher. That terrified Rei more. Rei’s teacher had been unjustly taken for the world.

WOhICtI.png

“That is wonderful! You can help me” the witch smirked.

“No shaman. You and your tribe have not yet earned that gift” Rei felt anger serge through her. She had not spent years wondering the woods looking for this woman and her magic. The old hag would send her away empty!

The witch cackled.

“That anger the flows through you is why. Your weak spirit will not handle these gifts. It will burn you and those you use it on” The witch grabbed her, pinning her with her cold inhuman eyes.

“The gift I give you is this. A darkness is coming it will rend your world apart unless it is stopped” The world melted away after those words. Rei blinked the bright light from her eyes. She was in the woods back home.

8gzLmQe.png

The shaman wondered in a daze towards her village. She could see the huts in the distance. Her head spun. She couldn’t remember how she got here. She remember the deep forests and possibly a woman but nothing else. Rei stumbled up behind the huts.

“Stop!” a small voice cried. Rei looked down. A small child in a brightly colored shirt was standing in her way.

“Hello little one. I am looking for Lady Mahina” the child huffed and threw up their arms.

“no! no! no! no tall one sees mama!” the child shrieked. Rei was shocked. She didn’t believe that she had been gone for years. While she had trouble keeping track of days, she didn’t think it was that long. Or that this small force of nature was Mahina’s child.

“I am a friend of your mother’s” she replied. The child squinted up at her, clearly thinking.

“Fine tall lady. I will take you to see mama but no funny things” the child said with the utmost seriousness. Rei nodded and followed the child.

TnVNsIj.png

The pair had made it to the center of the village when a blur hit the shaman with a surprising amount of force. Rei wheezed as she was pulled into a tight hug that forced the air from her lungs.

“Rei! Oh praise the goddesses!” Rei smiled at the voice.

“Mahina” the shaman hugged the creator back with as much power as she could muster. “Goddess, Mahina I have missed you dearly!” Mahina smiled at these words.

“Words can not describe how happy I am to see you home safe!” Mahina gushed. “I see you have also met my son Kale”

SXDH4J4.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Niemalyn97Niemalyn97 Posts: 76 Member
    I just finished reading through everything!

Kale is so cute. :heart:
    A darkness? That sounds scary... and not at all good...
  • Options
    Son? Nooo! :scream: Do you follow the rules and sacrifice tribal sons? Kale is so cute and brave to stand up against an adult woman, a person who is actually supposed to be his superior.
    Maybe the old woman was right. If Rei gets angry so fast maybe she isn't able yet to handle the blessing. Sure has she sought the hermit for years but there are things mortals should not withspeak.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @Niemalyn97 Kale is a cutie pie! He is a bit of a trouble maker currently and likes to do things his way. The darkness the witch spoke of could be very bad indeed.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Son? Nooo! :scream: Do you follow the rules and sacrifice tribal sons? Kale is so cute and brave to stand up against an adult woman, a person who is actually supposed to be his superior.
    Maybe the old woman was right. If Rei gets angry so fast maybe she isn't able yet to handle the blessing. Sure has she sought the hermit for years but there are things mortals should not withspeak.

I was a tiny bit bummed when the game asked me to name Cesar's son. I was hoping for a little girl. I had strong and proud amazon names picked out but it was a boy and his name is Kale. He is definitely his father's son and in his toddler years, an adorable little terror. He does what he wants and certainly acts the part of a little prince who knows what he wants. I love him dearly.
    As for sacrificing trible sons, I am not sure. Kale has stolen my heart and I don't know if I can do that now. The game and his whims might end up helping me figure that out.

Rei's anger and her story behind it will show up in later chapters. While she years searching and is a good shaman, she is far from where she needs to be to get the gifts of the Witch.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Note: who is ready for another double update?! I am trying to get a few more chapters out due to work and school getting a bit more demanding these next few weeks. I will try to figure out an upload schedule but it will be sporadic for now. Just a question for the readers. Would it be preferred that I keep updating it both on the blog and here or should I just keep it one the blog?

Being home after such a long trip was wonderful. There were some changes but not enough to make things feel odd for the shaman. They added a fish tank to catch fish and keep them fresh for cooking. Rei had taken it over to put some of her exotic fish. Not that anyone complained.

heXAlg6.png

They didn’t have Cesar anymore so Rei did her best to plant her new items. She requested Adonis to make her some garden planters. She didn’t want her poisonous plants to mix with the ones they were eating. That would be catastrophic.

wBEx6Dy.png

Mahina was overjoyed to have Rei back. She had missed her friend while she was gone. She helped Mahina learn a lot about the world. With how hectic life could be Rei was always there to calm the chaos.

The one chaos no one seemed to calm was Kale. The toddler was a force to be reckoned with. He did not enjoy following the rules. He hated naps above all. Mahina did her best to get the boy to nap. She kept him in the small nursery. It was a lot less busy and she had hoped that the silence would help let him nap. She was wrong.

8m0X9Us.png

When the young prince wasn’t napping, he was making a mess. He stole paint from the easel and ended up splattering it all over the walls and ground outside. The men spent most of the day cleaning up after the young prince’s art session. It took a while to get it out of the ground. Mahina didn’t want it tracked into any of the buildings.

Feeding times were also a nightmare. Kale would eat a few bites before throwing bowls full of food on the floor or smearing is all over his highchair. No amount of time-outs or scoldings would stopped him. Adonis and Kikyo devised a plan. They would take turns distracting the young prince with play time.

GzkM4QK.png

Rei enjoyed spending time with the young prince. He had a very inquisitive mind, when he wasn’t asking “why” all the time or slowly driving his mother mad with messes. Part of Rei was jealous. She would love to have a child of her own.

bK6scZV.png

Mahina was more than happy to grant Rei the request to have a child. The shaman was overjoyed when she heard the news and she rushed down to the beach to meet with the man she loved.

“Mistress Rei, are you sure about this?” Kikyo questioned when they met up.

“More then sure! I have loved you deeply since were were kids!” she paused, studying his face. Kikyo didn’t show his feelings too well unless he was overwhelmed.

“It is okay if you don’t feel the same. I don’t want to make you uncomfortable. You can say no of course I won’t hold it against you. I can ask Lady Mahina to find someone else or-“Kikyo cut her off.

“I would be crushed if you chose anyone else. Not that I would matter, you are the daughter of a queen. I would support you not matter the choose because I love you, not because you are a princess” this caused the shaman to chuckle.

“Third daughter to a creator. I am not that important I would never want to rule a tribe and I had to beg my mother and Queen Hippolyta to allow me to journey here”

HDVZqPJ.png

Kikyo took a step forward, taking her hands in his.

“Never say those words again. You are important! You are the most important and beautiful woman in the world Rei” he scolded.

The shaman was taken aback by this. Being the youngest of 4 siblings tended to make Rei feel unimportant. Her mother already had three other children that she doted on. Her eldest sister Tamiko was creator heiress and doing an excellent job last Rei had heard. The twins were doing well. Arisu was a warrior of a tribe and Ko was training to make other men strong enough to serve their tribe. Rei was just the spare.

“I would be honored to be the father of your child, Rei” he continued. “I would give you anything in the world to see you happy and safe for the rest of your years”

“Your love is enough” came her reply.

TORrCgX.png

The two spent the rest of the day on the beach enjoying each other’s company. As the sun set they ventured into the ocean. The frigged water and uneven ground did nothing to stop the couple from receiving the goddesses blessing. The shaman was walking on air as they made their way to the private quarters. The kiss they shared made her feel as if she and Kikyo were the only thing that matter in the universe. At least for the evening.

rUmgAUK.png

Many suns and moons passed before Rei sought Kikyo out in the middle of the night. The two would sometimes sneak off to kiss or just spend a few moments together. While the tribe was important Rei couldn’t help herself. She loved spending time with Kikyo. He meant the world to her. She couldn’t get enough with him. On occasion Rei knew that Kikyo would get up before the sun rose to make breakfast and work on some projects to help the tribe gain money. This is where she found him, in the kitchen making breakfast. She needed to tell him.

DpuGwha.png

Weeks after their night together Rei had been feeling ill. It first happened when she was practicing battle strategies. She would often play to keep herself focused. Mid-way through her battle she was hit by a wavy of sick. Her stomach churned and her lunch threatened to make an appearance. She did her best to fight it down. It could be an illness but Rei didn’t think that was the case.

aHxWD9z.png

Rei had woken after midnight had come and gone. The goddesses had seen fit to let her know that she was with child. She had gone to find Kikyo immediately. The sound of the kitchen being used was her hint as to where he was.

“Rei! My love, you are up early. Would you like something to eat?” he offered, holding a plate. She should really tell him but the smell of his delicious cooking had her distracting. Her grumbling stomach won her over and she accepted the plate.

“Thank you” she hungrily dug into the food as Kikyo cleaned up from his early morning food preparation. Rei was midway thought her food before she broke the silence.

“Kikyo we need to talk” he put down the dishes he was cleaning and turned to look at her.

“We are going to have a child” she blurted out before he had a chance to ask what was wrong. Many emotions danced across his face. Surprise, concern, joy and finally adoration settled on his face.

BhHup8z.png

“my love! this is such wonderful news!” he cried as he crossed the room and showered her with kisses. Their private celebration was interrupted by the creator. Kale had had finally been put to bed after a nightmare. The sound of voices had brought Mahina to investigate.

“Congratulations are in order, Shaman Rei” Kikyo quickly moved away from Rei once Mahina had announced her congratulations. . He was not supposed to be intimate with the Shaman after their night of passion.

“Thank you Creator Mahina” Rei smiled, slightly embarrassed that their moment had been interrupted. Mahina noticed the plates of food on the counter and her heart sped up and her throat went dry. The rule was once a man had fathered the child, the first meal they ate after the woman announced her pregnancy would be their last. They needed to be sent to the goddess.

“Kikyo, did you have anything to eat” she questioned. He nodded and realization dawned on his face. The trio stood in silence as the news sunk in. While the tribe would be welcoming a new member they would also be mourning the loss of another.

“Must we do this now Creator” Rei questioned, trying to keep her voice under control.

“I am sorry” came the quiet replied. The shaman left without sound after Mahina had spoken those words.

4qC5bK6.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Note: No words just sadness

Mahina and Kikyo made their way to the sacrificial pool. Mahina hated this. She did not want to rip apart these two. Rei and Kikyo loved each other and it hurt her to tear them apart. This was the happiest she had ever seen the Shaman. She could easily just tell them to run away together or get someone else to take Kikyo’s place. That is what she wanted to do but she knew why she couldn’t. Hira was always more then thrilled to seek punishment for those who broke these laws. The goddess could destroy the small tribe quickly and easily. She could make it so those two would never see each other in the after life or make them spend eternity watching each other suffer with no way to save each other from the pain.

“I hope you are not angry with Shaman Rei lady Mahina. She has done nothing wrong and would not deserve anger” Kikyo spoke. Mahina looked at him, realizng she had been scowling.

“I am not angry at her Kikyo. I am angry at this” she waved vaguely to indicate the situation they were in. “I hate to see you go, after all you have done and how happy you make Rei” Kikyo let out a silent oh.

“I will give you both some time” she said as Rei approached in her shaman attire. Mahina turned and left the two alone.

QBfdiKf.png

Kikyo took Rei into his arms. He could feel her trembling with silent tears. He hated this. He hated seeing her in any kind of despair or pain. This time he could comfort her. After seeing her so broken at her mother’s funeral he vowed never to allow such pain to overcome her.

“I know this hurts my love” he murmured. “I hate that I caused you to feel so much pain” He pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

“I love you” her voice was muffled but he didn’t mind. He dropped to his knees and whispered a prayer from their homeland over their child. It was a blessing for the child to have a good and happy life. It would usually be said at birth of the child. It was said by male family members to the newborn. It was only himself and Rei in this land, so it had to be said now.

sLLHDaj.png

The sound of Mahina’s footsteps made it feel all too real. Their alone time had felt far too short. Kikyo stood and was about to turn towards the pool when Rei pulled him back and pressed a kiss to his check.

“Do you remember when were children and our home was raided” she asked. He nodded unsure of why she was bringing this up.

“I told you that if we got split up I would come and find you. Well this counts. When my time comes we will be together again. Not even the goddess will stop me” she whispered to him.

“Thank you my love” he pulled away and jumped into the pool. Mahina went to soothe the woman. Mahina was the only other person who understood what Rei was going through.

“I wish...I wish it didn’t come to this Rei. I am so sorry” Mahina couldn’t stop apologizing.

“I know lady Mahina, you are a kind soul and wouldn’t do this if you didn’t have to” Shaman replied. They stood there for a while before Mahina blessed Kikyo and left.

UZNIJtw.png

Rei stayed until the reaper came to retrieve Kikyo. She did her best to keep a neutral face. She despised the reaper. He haunted her. Everywhere she went she could not escape his presence. He followed her like a shadow, ever since her home was attacked. He took so many friends and family.

MVy2GMr.png

The first time she saw him he had cut her teacher down in front of her. She was him and he saw her. He had marked her. His voice was like ice. It caused her blood to chill and make it feel like her soul was being eaten away and replaced with ice. She would not leave Kikyo’s soul alone with him.

“Reaper” she greeted. “I would say it is pleasant to see you but it is never a joy to see Hira’s emaciated attack dog”

“Careful Shaman. That hatred can poison your soul. We wouldn’t want another mistake to make Hira return here” came the casual reply. “That wouldn’t be fun for you mortals. You are very fragile.” The reaper didn’t bother to look up from his work.

“Do not threaten me reaper. I do not fear you” that made the reaper look at her. He moved closer.

“I don’t care about you. If I visited when there was no offering to the goddess or official passing, the rest of your time here will be far from pleasant” she could feel the warning against her family rest against her shoulders.

“Besides, I believe you have rights of passage, proof of valor or whatever you ask for after you pass” this time while speaking there was no malice, the actually sounded bored. She raised her finger to give him a stern retaliation but the sight of Kikyo’s tombstone made all her anger leave her.

BAkgeTe.png

Rei sat in front of his grave. She prayed and told the goddesses everything. From his bravery throughout his childhood and into his adult life. His kindness to all of life and his love for his family and herself.

JLYY4fh.png

As the months past a new season brought a new group to the village. A woman by the name of Chey Ira and the man she traveled with Raylan. She had heard about the tribe while passing through the markets where goods where the tribe’s goods were traded. Chey had gone out and bought Raylan and rushed over to offer her services. The blonde woman explained she was a provider and would help watch over and raise the children of the tribe.

1Tv5V0W.png

Mahina was glad to hear that. With Rei about to give birth extra help with the children was more then appreciated. The creator called a meeting to introduce the rest of the tribe to the newcomers.

UAEwK8Q.png

Almost everyone was overjoyed by this. The only one who was displeased was Adonis. Adonis was less then pleased by the looks the woman kept shooting at him. They were flirty and hungry. If he wasn’t careful she could convince Mahina to breed with him. He didn’t want that due to his love for another and strange vibes she gave off.

tSvzy3G.png

Chey gave the creator her vision. She wanted to build a learning center where the future generations could learn and play in safety. Mahina insisted that they get building tomorrow. Today would be the day that everyone get to know each other. Once the evening came around, Chey had made dinner for everyone. It was simple. Chey needed to learn some new ways to cook. The provider studied the young prince after she had given him his dinner. He had been an annoyance to her. Following her around and almost purposely trying to ruin her meal.

“that little brat” she thought glaring at the toddler as he ate. Boys could be a complete disaster. If the creator couldn’t produce a female the tribe would be in trouble. Of course if she had a daughter and her daughter produced a heir with the prince then she would be matriarch of the tribe then. That would mean the shaman would also have to have a son but Chey had time to worry about these things later. She was not going to live through another downfall of a tribe due a man, even if that man was a toddler.

hC2chNO.png

Chey had started her building immediately. She had Adonis doing the wood work. Mahina had bragged about how great of a worker he was. If that was true then her project was going to be the jewel of the village. A place that would shape future generations. She could also watch Adonis work which was a plus for her. She found the blond man very handsome.

mA2FAex.png

Under the guidance of Chey the learning center was built in a few weeks. It took a lot of work and ended up being a bit more then the provider expected. She had quickly made sure the gain back a good amount with cravings and spare fruit. Of course that meant even extra work for Adonis and Raylan but that didn’t bother Chey in the slightest. She just wanted Mahina’s approval.

Chey had hoped that she did win the creator’s approval when she showed her the building. Mahina was in awe of the building. Mahina had marveled at Chey’s creativity with each activity to help the children learn. Much to Chey’s disappointment the creator had gone on about how Rei must see this and give her review of the building as well. Later that day Chey had cornered the Shaman and insisted on showing Rei the building.

Rei tried to put on a good face but couldn’t help but be a bit bitter that Kikyo wouldn’t be able to see this. She was sure that Kikyo would have loved this building.

VQfYzF0.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    :bawling: Nooo, now Kikyo is gone as well! It's so sad, why does it have to be so sad? :bawling: They're short relationship was so sweet I got a sugar shock. I loved loved loved how he said the prayer to their child - well, at least my Amazon Goddess will grant them any blessing they wish.
    I've been suspicious of Chey since the first time she appeared. So her old tribe got destroyed because of a man? That will be interesting. She plans on taking this one over? Mahina is a friendly woman but I doubt that any of them suspects something yet. Both have their own problems to deal with, especially Rei. Hopefully poor Adonis will dig into the new tribe member in order to protect himself from her and discover some skeletons in the closet >:)
    The way you edit the memory pictures is so great! It feels epic, just fit for a story like this. :)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney saying goodbye to Kikyo was really sad and I toyed with the idea of sending him to work with Neferti but he decided that swimming would be fun. Happily his and Rei's traditions will not be lost to the tribe. The goddesses wanted Kikyo. In another life he, Rei and their child are happy together. I wish Kala and Hira were nice enough to grant blessings. They really aren't. They are good at making things tragic and painful.
    The thing about Chey is that she is for the most part super friendly and helpful. It will be hard for anyone to catch her doing anything wrong. Rei is far too busy dealing with her child and losing Kikyo. Adonis is lower on the totem pole so he can't say much or act out against Chey just yet. Mahina has no reason to believe that Chey is up to anything.
    I am glad you like the flashback edits!
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney saying goodbye to Kikyo was really sad and I toyed with the idea of sending him to work with Neferti but he decided that swimming would be fun. Happily his and Rei's traditions will not be lost to the tribe. The goddesses wanted Kikyo. In another life he, Rei and their child are happy together. I wish Kala and Hira were nice enough to grant blessings. They really aren't. They are good at making things tragic and painful.
    The thing about Chey is that she is for the most part super friendly and helpful. It will be hard for anyone to catch her doing anything wrong. Rei is far too busy dealing with her child and losing Kikyo. Adonis is lower on the totem pole so he can't say much or act out against Chey just yet. Mahina has no reason to believe that Chey is up to anything.
    I am glad you like the flashback edits!

That is exactly what I thought. Adonis would have to catch her in the very act and what act should that be? Thoughts can't be seen and I doubt she's talking to herself just yet.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney that is the difficult part. There is much to do with the tribe. Raylan doesnt have many skills so it is up to Adonis to help keep things running smoothly in that department. He does not have time to watch her. When she is not caring for the toddlers, Chey is making food for the tribe. Unless it is putting some toxic camomile in the food or 'accidentally' burning down the kitchens, her real plot is unclear. She doesn't want to see a prince rule the tribe. Mahina would have to keep trying until she got a girl to take over. The other option is, Mahina would rule until a prince had a daughter with one of the tribe members. The prince's daughter would them become the next creator heiress. Relationships to a creator family can be powerful.
    So far Kale is not fond of his new caretaker but he enjoys the toddler learning center. Atleast he can make a mess and destory things in there.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Chapter Seven

Rei awoke in the middle of the night with a sharp pain in her belly. She knew what this mean. Her child was coming. It would be fitting for the child to be born before the sunrise. Life changing events always happened in the middle of the night for Rei. The first time she spoke to spirits, the first time she saw someone pass, her nights with Kikyo and now the arrival of what she vowed would be her only child. She swore to the goddesses that Kikyo would be the first and last time she laid with a man.

cWmAluw.png

The shaman made her way over the a bassinet. As the contractions grew worse she found herself wishing for Kikyo. He should have been here for this. He should see his child come into the world and watch the child grow. Him being here would have made the pain in her heart less. Rei screamed and cried, cursing the gods as she brought the child into the world. As the sun began to peak over the horizon Rei held her child close.

“I shall call you Katsumi. It was the name of your grandmother on your father’s side” Rei decided as she peered down at her daughter. She wasn’t sure who her child would take after in looks but she hoped Katsumi would take after her father in personality. A kind and gentle soul but with the ferocity of a true amazon warrior.

KoZbhmt.png

Most of Rei’s days were spent raising her daughter. Mahina didn’t mind. She allowed the shaman to take a small break from her duties to care for the new born. Katsumi had brought some happiness back to the shaman and Mahina wasn’t in a rush to take that away.

Soon it was time to celebrate Katsumi’s aging up into toddler years. Rei placed the small toddler on the ground and ushered her to walk towards her. The sooner Katsumi could walk the sooner she could learn. Plus the young prince would have someone to play with, even if it was only for a few days.

IoWYSJE.png

Rei took Katsumi to the children center. She left her under Chey’s care. She hadn’t had much time to get to know the woman but she hoped the woman was ready to care for two mischievous toddlers. They could be a handful. Upon returning to her room she found Raylan with his back to her. He seemed to be searching around the room. The shaman remember how Adonis had confided his distrust of Chey and Raylan. Could he be correct in distrusting the newest members of the tribe?

“You!” the shaman put as much authority in her voice as she could. “How dare you enter my room!”

Raylan turned around, fear obvious in his eyes. He gaped at her for a moment before finding his voice.

“Many apologies Lady Shaman! I did not realize this was you room” he tried his best to sound apologetic.”The Lady Chey requested that I fetch something from her room…I thought this was hers” The excuse sounded weak to Rei’s ears.

vMSBpJO.png

“I do not care your reasons. Men are not allowed in the woman’s huts. You will wait here” she snapped. The shaman stormed out and locked the door behind her. He would not be leaving until she and Mahina returned. On her way to get the Creator, Rei changed out of her meditation clothing. She would not be getting the man punished in meditation clothing. He should know that he crossed a high ranking woman.

“Lady Mahina!” Rei called as she walked over to creator. Mahina slowed the treadmill and got off. She turned to greet the shaman but the words froze in her throat as she saw the rage in the shaman’s eyes.

“What is the matter Rei” she questioned. Rei told Mahina what had happened. How Raylan had crept into her room when she had left. He had been looking through her things. The creator was disappointed. She knew it was bound to happen sooner or later but she had hoped that she would never have to use the house of punishment.The duo walked back to the Shaman’s hut. Once Raylan was let out of the room, Mahina berated him. No man was allowed into any of the woman’s room. Without permission men were not allowed to touch anything in a woman’s room. There were only two choices. Being send to the goddess or the punishment hut.

8TajZeH.png

Mahina marched him to the punishment room. His excuses were falling on deaf ears. The door slammed shut behind Mahina and Raylan was trapped in semi darkness. Raylan was furious. Mahina was being completely unfair! She wouldn’t listen to him, he never had a chance to explain himself.

OkYfeee.png

While Mahina was dealing with Raylan, Chey was help watching over the young prince. He was very energetic today. With all the things to play with the little prince would much rather play with paints. They were his favorite. He liked all the colors they created. He was just about the grab the finger paints from the table when the provider scooped him off the floor. He did not want to be put in the high chair. He wanted to play. The young prince started to fuss until Chey placed a sandwich in front of him. Kale loved sandwiches they were delicious.

Li7yyeV.png

With the young prince distracted Chey had some time for herself. She had been working so hard lately. She had to clean up the children’s room, care for the children and cook for everyone. She was exhausted. Just a few minutes of shut eye couldn’t hurt.

QCwI6jO.png

Mahina couldn’t believe this. Today was shaping up to be horrible. First she had to punish Raylan. She did not want to do that but she never had one of her men break the rules. He had to be punished or he wouldn’t learn. The on her way back from dropping food off for Raylan she he didn’t starve she found Chey sleeping and her son stuck in his highchair attempting the break his sandwich plate.

mKaG95t.png

“Mama!” he squealed. Once Mahina had put her plate down she picked up the squealing toddler. She hugged him close and placed him on the floor.

“Kale, stay here and play” she instructed. He smiled up at her and responded with “kay!” then toddled off to find something interesting to do. Mahina walked over to Chey.

“Provider Chey” she snapped. Chey woke up and looked groggily up at the creator.

“Oh hello Lady Mahina” she replied, getting up off the bench and stretching. “Apologies I must have dozed off”

Hearing this Mahina felt her anger rising. This woman was in charge of the future. A small part of her was happy the Rei’s daughter was sleeping in her room. Overall she was furious. Chey was supposed to be watching her child. Instead the woman was sleeping, leaving her son trapped in a highchair and playing with a potentially dangerous object. If he had fallen from the chair or tried to eat the plate and been seriously hurt.

“dozed off?!” Mahina nearly shrieked. “If you are tired you get Adonis to watch the children. You do not doze off and leave my son to his own devices! He could have been seriously injured or worse! You do not get to doze off and leave my child or anyone’s child alone.”

4jXwpQz.png

Chey had never seen Mahina so angry. She had every right to be but it still surprised Chey to have the usually calm creator furious.

“Yes, Lady Mahina. I can not say how sorry I am that I have let you down” Chey tried to sound sincere. She did feel bad for upsetting Mahina.

“I am also sorry for betraying your trust. You have left your beloved son in my care and I have done you a disservice by leaving him alone. I should have never left him to his own devices and I swear to you and the goddesses that I will not let you down again” she added. The look in Mahina’s eyes told Chey that she would not be forgiven any time soon. The creator left Chey soon after. Chey felt her heart sink. This was not good.

Y4ZmdEY.png

Mahina needed to clear her head. She would have gone the the Shaman but Rei was deep in meditation. It would have been very had to pull her out. When the shaman meditated she tended to be speaking to the spirits. Pulling her out of that trance could not only cause Rei’s spiritual balance to become disrupted but it would anger the spirits. Mahina didn’t need angry spirits on top of everything else.

The only person left Mahina could rely on to sooth her anger was Adonis. She knew where to find him. He was hard at work in the garden. He wasn’t the best gardener but he did his best and it was starting to show. The plants were growing in quality.

hYadwnU.png

Mahina pushed open the gate and entered the garden.

“Good afternoon Lady Mahina” he greeted looking up from the planters. “It is wonderful to see you”

“Hello Adonis” she replied. The creator walked over to Adonis as he stood. Just being in the secluded are was helping.

“What is wrong Lady Mahina” he asked. Seeing her so down frustrated Adonis. He felt that Mahina deserved happiness. She had worked very hard and should find joy in life.

“Walk with me” she instructed. The two strolled through the garden. While they walked Mahina spilled her feelings. The frustration over having to punish Raylan. She needed to uphold the laws but he seemed apologetic. Chey had been working hard but she left Kale alone and he was still so young. He could have gotten seriously hurt.

“May I speak freely lady Mahina?” he questioned after she had finished speaking. She nodded.

xTlwqkA.png

“I do not trust the new comers my lady.” He paused to think of how to describe his exact feelings. “I can not place why but I feel unease while they are here. They work and do their jobs but something is going to go wrong and I worry that it will be because of them”

Mahina frowned at this. Nothing seemed wrong with them, other then what had happened today. Rei hadn’t mentioned anything either. Usually the shaman could tell about these sorts of things.

“You could have told me sooner Adonis” she felt a little hurt. Did he not trust her?

“I did not want to over step my boundaries my lady or upset you. You have been working very hard and I did not wish to distress you” he replied.

“I am distressed enough as it is already what is a little more” she snapped. “Sorry Adonis. None of what happened is your fault. I should not be furious with you. I just do not know what to do”

“Worry not my lady! You have nothing to apologize for. You are frustrated. With all you have to deal with it is understandable. You work very hard and have dealt with a lot of stress lately” he waved away the apology. “I will do what I can to make you smile again”

Mahina sighed. She did not think her anger could be quelled. As they walked Adonis did his best to cheer up the gloomy creator. He told jokes, outrageous stories from his home and zany schemes. She soon found herself laughing.

eLdRUHx.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Important things first: Kale = <3 He doesn't even need to do anything, just being there suffices already to fall in love with him.
    What Chey did was really irresponsible. I wonder if she's been a provider before in her last tribe? If so she should know that no circumstances at all justify leaving the children (especially the one of the queen!) alone. It would have been slightly different though if he hadn't been in that high chair.
    I'm truly relieved that Rei and Kikyo have a daughter. Anything else wouldn't have been fair for poor Kikyo. :/ And it's good that Adonis could entrust his worries to the queen without being punished. Now she can take the matter in her own more powerful hands and knows at the same time that she can trust at least this slave. :)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26