Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood... Makes me question toddlers

I love toddlers, I really do, but parenthood made it too real for me and I'm not even a parent! Like my Sims had a moment and got pregnant with twins and I was NOT ready for what Sims 4 toddlers were truly like with the parenthood pack. And I made it through two sets of four quadruplets in Sims 3, four toddlers and four children just barely at the teen stage!

Though let me be honest, it really enhanced the gameplay so I gotta say this pack (and a lot of lovely CC and mods) really made me go from hating Sims 4 to a fan. I could do without the kids making a freaking mess, the toddler deciding to eat the week old fruit cake outside the apartment, and the loud neighbors waking up my kids from arguing every night (thankfully i just discovered a mod for this!) but I love the pack.

Now I just need a more powerful PC to run Sims 4 AND Sims 3, along with Sims 2, and I'll be in business. And $3,000 in debt :neutral:.....

($600 for my first ever build, then approximately $2,400 for the real thing cause its running way more than Sims on it)
4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif

Comments

• pinkkbellepinkkbelle Posts: 31 Member
    Twins are hard work in the game! :)
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited October 2017
    Haha welcome to parenting <3:lol: . This is exactly why I love parenthood, It felt like it brought the game to a whole new height for me <3. The complicated, imperfection of generational building.

I hope you find the perfect PC, I know it can be stressful sometimes finding the right one x_x.
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello
    Parenthood is a great pack! :)
    If you would like help finding a computer that can run all versions of the game as well as other games/programs, you may like to start a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section of the forums and simmers there will offer help and suggestions.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
  • Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Parenthood is a great pack! :)
    If you would like help finding a computer that can run all versions of the game as well as other games/programs, you may like to start a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section of the forums and simmers there will offer help and suggestions.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions

I'm aware premades exist lol, Im just a nerd and want to build my own for.... Reasons.... :p

4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I love toddlers, I really do, but parenthood made it too real for me and I'm not even a parent! Like my Sims had a moment and got pregnant with twins and I was NOT ready for what Sims 4 toddlers were truly like with the parenthood pack. And I made it through two sets of four quadruplets in Sims 3, four toddlers and four children just barely at the teen stage!

Though let me be honest, it really enhanced the gameplay so I gotta say this pack (and a lot of lovely CC and mods) really made me go from hating Sims 4 to a fan. I could do without the kids making a freaking mess, the toddler deciding to eat the week old fruit cake outside the apartment, and the loud neighbors waking up my kids from arguing every night (thankfully i just discovered a mod for this!) but I love the pack.

Now I just need a more powerful PC to run Sims 4 AND Sims 3, along with Sims 2, and I'll be in business. And $3,000 in debt :neutral:.....

($600 for my first ever build, then approximately $2,400 for the real thing cause its running way more than Sims on it)
    I actually went from liking kids in the game to hating them because of Parenthood. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member

I actually went from liking kids in the game to hating them because of Parenthood. :joy:

Due to all the messes they make? : P toddlers do it a bit more, but when a kid of mine does it, I discipline them, and make them clean up their mess (and if you get tired of parenting, just disable it from origin, command line being: -disablepacks:GP05 )
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Taking the easy way out, didn't get either Parenting or Toddlers. Read too many bad things (as in how miserable it makes life) about the first, and TS2 toddlers are trouble enough.
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I'm so in love with raising kids in this game now, I love how real it's made it. I'm playing the super sim challenge so was supposed to be focused on completing everything but my sim needed to get married and have 3 children for aspirations. I got completely carried away raising the kids and barely worked on her other tasks. Then after she had 3 I kind of wanted another one and ended up actually needing to weigh up whether it was a good idea. It wasn't needed for the challenge and it's so much effort but it's so rewarding that it feels worth it. Anyway I finally decided to let her raise one more kid, figured it could always be a backup in case the older ones didn't complete what they needed to in time. Then she ended up getting pregnant with twins! Now I'm having to figure out how to extend the house so the twins will have somewhere to sleep. I'm both excited for the new arrivals and dreading trying to deal with the youngest two, the toddler and the 2 children, going to be chaotic for sure.
  • LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    Taking the easy way out, didn't get either Parenting or Toddlers. Read too many bad things (as in how miserable it makes life) about the first, and TS2 toddlers are trouble enough.
    It's a whole other game this time around and it's much more enjoyable. These are the best toddlers the series has offered yet and they are a ton of fun.

• YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    Dude I had triplets now in the game ITS MAYHEM

-Yarden.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member

I’ve seen very few people who actually enjoy playing toddlers and families say much bad about the Parenthood GP.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    People actually enjoy playing toddlers & families? You guys obviously have something I don't. From what I've read in the forums the kids & teens post Parenting make the pre Parenting ones look like angels. You people-wired folks, go for it!
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    People actually enjoy playing toddlers & families? You guys obviously have something I don't. From what I've read in the forums the kids & teens post Parenting make the pre Parenting ones look like angels. You people-wired folks, go for it!

You haven't looked around the forums enough then. There are a lot of people who love the Parenthood pack, love playing toddlers and families, and feel the Parenthood pack has greatly enhanced family play. Most of the people complaining aren't really family players.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think Parenthood improved the game. Family play isn't all I do but it is an aspect of the game. Parenthood made the game much less monotonous. I've been playing a rotation with a bunch of households and I can make all of the families vary, sometimes subtly so. I will admit that I do see some of the same questions asked to parents but I don't mind it much or if I do, I play a different type of household for a while or take a break.

I like Parenthood for the character development aspect because it makes me think about the variations in each family in my game. I'm looking forward to something similar involving pets soon. My rotation keeps having kids even when I think that particular generation in the town is done, they sometimes surprise me. I didn't think Wolfgang Munch would have any kids, for example, but he had a hasty surprise who is now a toddler running amok in his life of crime. "I'd be Al Capone but you know, I've gotta change diapers."

Anyway, Parenthood has added variety so I hope to see more GPs in that style on other themes.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm playing the the 100 Baby Challenge. Having twin toddlers or triplets in the game absolutely makes for challenging game play. & at first I found it super challenging as my Sim had no money on top of the whiny tots. & the traits I rolled for the twin & triplet tots...clingy, fussy, etc. made it even more challenging. But I got the hang of it after awhile. I'm on baby number 18 now. My matriarch is now running a well oiled machine household lol
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I don't know how people have twins/triplets and don't use cheats to keep their sims happy all the time! :D
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!