Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Halloween 2017 !

Greetings,
I am curious as to what we all will be getting this Year for Halloween, so does anyone have any suggestions or Idea's of what we will be getting ?
I for one am hoping that we get New Costumes, and Trick or Treat Bags with Candy in them, :)

Comments

• Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I'm guessing we will just get a Halloween type challenge. Last year it was the sugar skulls so it might just be a repeat of that.. maybe something new, but I still think it will be just in the form of a challenge
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Wouldn't it be cool to have random kids knocking on your door trick or treating?

I think that would be awesome to see the little ones coming to the doors with their little outfits on, :)
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I'm guessing we will just get a Halloween type challenge. Last year it was the sugar skulls so it might just be a repeat of that.. maybe something new, but I still think it will be just in the form of a challenge

Ya you are probably right bout that, but I am hoping if it is a challenge that it is different a bit and not all the same, since I already got all the skulls, but then again, some people might not have them all, so I do hope it will be fun for those who do not have them all, and those who do, :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Nothing? Didn't they say if there is going to be a freeby in a patch within a quarter they have to put that in a teaser trailer? and it's only paid content they don't have to hold during a quarter? That's what I remember.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Nothing? Didn't they say if there is going to be a freeby in a patch within a quarter they have to put that in a teaser trailer? and it's only paid content they don't have to hold during a quarter? That's what I remember.

They don't have to put it in the teaser, they just can't talk about free content outside of it's quarter.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It would be great if they added random kids dressed in Halloween costumes that show up at the household we are playing to Trick or Treat for candy. The doorbell rings, your sim answers the door, the kids yell Trick or Treat (in Simlish) and your sim reacts. Then, your sim offers them candy and the run along to the next house. I don't need (nor see how) my sim kids to go Trick or Treating. Playing the home owner could be really fun instead.

There should also be a few random teens that prank your house by ringing the bell and leaving the infamous flaming bag of pooh on your doorstep or toilet paper in your trees and bushes (which disappears on it's own by the next morning).

And I'm always up for more costumes. A Frankenstein set would be cool. The crazy doctor, Frankie, Frank's bride and, of course Igor (with the hump and creepy walk). And for kids, cowboy, fireman, ballerina, witch, mini Dracula to name a few.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited October 2017

They don't have to put it in the teaser, they just can't talk about free content outside of it's quarter.

Except they broke that rule. They already told us about the new roofs last quarter and Im pretty sure those are a free patch item
    Post edited by Lomelindi7 on
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

Except they broke that rule. They already told us about the new roofs last quarter and Im pretty sure those are a feee patch item

True, although they didn't outright say they were coming for free, so maybe they can bend the rules a little.
    edited October 2017
    I am wondering what we are getting for Halloween this year ? cause to Me being Gothic type Player ect, Halloween is My Favorite Holiday of the Year, for Me it is even better then Xmas, do we get More Costumes ? or More Holiday Items to put in our homes maybe ? how bout Longer Hair and Finally some Long or short Painted Fingernails? or Long Hooded Robes? either way I am hoping we get some good stuff this time round, since some of the Packs lately for Me have been nothing short of a let down, Does anyone else have any Ideas what we might see in the Halloween Items this year ? please feel free to add your thoughts bout it, thanks.
    I am not sure bout the building stuff, I did make another thread though bout Halloween Version 2, for those who have Ideas bout what they would like to see as far as Hair, clothes ect, that sort of stuff, I am hoping for Longer hair and Painted Fingernails in different lengths so we do not have to use Cc to get them cause I can not use Cc in My sims 4 game, so that would be nice .
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope fear
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Well there won't be any Halloween themed paid content, and going off the quarterly teaser I'd say there won't be any Halloween themed free content either, not even a challenge.

"2017 is going to be a great year" my butt. :neutral:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Well there won't be any Halloween themed paid content, and going off the quarterly teaser I'd say there won't be any Halloween themed free content either, not even a challenge.

Sad for people who don't have Spooky Stuff or Vampires GP. I hear you. I have those packs. Vampires has some Halloween Decorations that compliments Spooky Stuff.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Toddlers need some Halloween Costumes.

They have some in the Toddler stuff pack.

Animal hoodies/boots, bee/butterfly/fairy top, voidcritter/animal dungarees, strawberry etc.

Sad for people who don't have Spooky Stuff or Vampires GP. I hear you. I have those packs. Vampires has some Halloween Decorations that compliments Spooky Stuff.

Spooky stuff is still to this day my favourite stuff pack!
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    They must be holding out on us. To be fair, they gave us a lot of content this year. Some I liked, some I didnt. But I have a feeling they arent done surprising us yet. I sadly no longer think witches are in the running this year... However, there could still be some light at the end of the tunnel. They should be doing *something* in December. Its the time of the season for money. Maybe they faked us out on the quarterly teaser because they want us to stay focused on the cats and dogs pack? Wouldnt be the first time they kept big secrets *toddlers*!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

Spooky stuff is still to this day my favourite stuff pack!

Me too! I use it year round. :D
    #Team Occult
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think there will be something for Halloween and Christmas. Free patch stuff isn't always announced.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Sad for people who don't have Spooky Stuff or Vampires GP. I hear you.

Yeah, I hope there will be some costumes in the patch before C&D (if it's in this month).

Wouldn't it be cool to have random kids knocking on your door trick or treating?

And the occasional actual ghost inbetween.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    There should also be a few random teens that prank your house by ringing the bell and leaving the infamous flaming bag of pooh on your doorstep or toilet paper in your trees and bushes (which disappears on it's own by the next morning).

I miss that. I enjoyed the trick or treating in the game. Would definitely be a nice patch in for the season.

WbUrFQm.png
    Hmm Odd that My other thread for Halloween 2017 2nd version has seemed to Vanish, I guess they took that one out, so This one will have to be for what Others think we should have for this years Halloween , should we get more Costumes, or Candy maybe ? It would be so kool if we Could have a Haunted Mansion or house, now that has not been done before I do not think in Sims games, :)
  • Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member

Honestly, I'm hoping we'll get that in Seasons when it eventually arrives. I was doubtful since we don't have an open world like in TS3, but I imagine it wouldn't be much of a stretch for kids to show up on the lot in their costumes to ask for candy. It's just too bad that in that scenario we wouldn't be able to follow the children of our own households since they'd be going from lot to lot unless maybe they kept it just on that one street.
    Aesir26 wrote: »

Honestly, I'm hoping we'll get that in Seasons when it eventually arrives. I was doubtful since we don't have an open world like in TS3, but I imagine it wouldn't be much of a stretch for kids to show up on the lot in their costumes to ask for candy. It's just too bad that in that scenario we wouldn't be able to follow the children of our own households since they'd be going from lot to lot unless maybe they kept it just on that one street.

I hope that is the case, cause I think it would be so cute to see them all in their little costumes, and yup this is coming from a Gothic Player, I just have a soft spot for kiddies and pets, :)