Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kyla's 50 foals and 100 baby challenge

Comments

• ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    I am loving your story so far. I love the foals and its awesome that the Twins are helping out with the raising and training of the horses! Eagerly awaiting more. I'll be writing my own soon. I do hope you'll read it! I'd love to use some of your horses in my challenge (if you chose to upload them of course). You've gained a reader ^_^ <3
  • ALittleSimALittleSim Posts: 111 Member
    @ElijahsBabyGurl9 Thanks so much! ^_^ I will definitely upload them for you guys to use. I can't wait to read yours! ^_^ <3 I wish you the best of luck with your 50 foals challenge!!!
    Hogwarts House: Slytherin
    Patronus: Lynx
    My Studio: Studio
    Day 8

The kids are practicing hard. Soon they'll be able to do competitions along side their father and myself when I'm not knocked up that is. Faith is becoming restless and misses her daily training. I wish I could ride but until the baby comes it's bed rest and gardening for me. Which totally sucks.

Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    Lily has started on the bigger more advanced jumps but sometimes she doesn't make it, which is fine. It's part of learning. Sometimes Arya refuses to do some of the bigger jumps. Soon she'll be flying over them without any fear of them. They make a great pair and Lily is getting better at riding everyday. Arya is becoming more agile and brave about the jumps. Hopefully one day she'll become a champion show jumping horse.

Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    Faith gave birth to a beautiful baby boy early this morning. He has the black booties like his siblings and spots like his father. We've named this adorable little fella Ranger. He's got he build for a racer (fast trait). Faith's foals just keep getting more and more beautiful as well as precious.

Screenshot_6.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    Little Ranger wasted no time in nursing from his mother. Something tells me he's going to grow up to be a very powerful and fast racer. We also installed some windows on one side of Faith's stall so we can check on her and the foal easier without having to peak inside and spook one or both by accident. It also helps us to keep tabs on how Bandit is doing with sharing the stall with his mate and foals.

Screenshot_8.jpg
    Faith has become a master race horse (mastered racing skill). We are so proud of her and hope she passes on her racing genes onto her foals to be.

Screenshot_9.jpg
    Screenshot_10.jpg
    Screenshot_11.jpg
    Lily has successfully trained Arya as well as mastered the jumping course. She's flying over them like nothing. She'll be a champion show jumper in no time. I hope my unborn child or children have a way with horses like Lily does.

Screenshot_12.jpg
    We've recently started a carrot patch so the horses can have a some fresh veggie snacks in case they get tired of the hay. They are growing quite nicely.

Screenshot_13.jpg
    Ranger is as brave as brave can be. Look how brave this little guy is rearing up at his mother like that. I love how she isn't the tiniest bit scared of him.

Screenshot_14.jpg
    So Duke ate one of the mystery plants, so now we'll never know what it was. It was almost ready to grow whatever it was supposed to grow. I was really looking forward to seeing what it was. At least we still have the small sprout. I hope it becomes something beautiful or good.

Screenshot_15.jpg
    We got two visitors. A wild stallion and a deer. It's a good thing Scott convinced me to let him put a a fence around the carrots so that wild animals don't eat them.

Screenshot_16.jpg
    The baby is coming!!! Shawn helped me to the bedroom where I gave birth to....

Screenshot_17.jpg
    Screenshot_18.jpg
    A baby boy which we named Jack. Isn't he adorable?

Screenshot_20.jpg
    Screenshot_21.jpg
    And a baby girl!! We named her Amber. Isn't she precious? Yep that's right. Another set of twins! I hope both grow up to love horses just as much as their big brother and sister.
    Bye for now! ^_^
    Great post! Aww the babies are so cute! Bummer about the garden plants...the horses in my game try to do the same thing...I built a fence around the tiny garden we have just in case. They like to eat the newspaper though silly horses. My first two chapters are already up if your interested in reading it! The third is on the way!
    @ElijahsBabyGurl9 XD Same thats why i stopped planting the bush plants and just stuck with the trees. But I really wanted to know what that bush plant was gonna be >_< Oh well. I'm sorry I missed a day of posting. I was at work. Hopefully I can post an update on the family today.
    I finally got pose player to work again so prepare for some much better pictures XD))

Day 9
    Lily and Arya have been entering in small jumping competitions and placing rather high in the ranks. Now they are starting to do more advanced courses. A scout for a riding academy came by to inquire about the pair. He offered Lily a place at the school. She joyfully accepted and packed her bags taking Arya with her. Though it was sad to see her go I knew it was best for her. She was a natural and was growing up so fast.

Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    Shawn has been very helpful with the twins. Though his own twin is gone he continues to help out around the farm. I'm glad he is so gentle and caring toward the little ones. It makes it easier on me especially after the birth. I was knocked out tired and didn't hear the twins crying. Thankfully Shawn was in the house to sooth the crying babies.

Screenshot_3.jpg
    We've upgraded out jumping course and got rid of our racing track. It took up too much space and not many of Faith's foals seemed to take to racing. Even if they did they could always be trained at the public racing track or by going on rides.

Screenshot_4.jpg
    Faith has begun to teach herself how to jump. She's quite good at it. If she raises her jumping skill enough it will pass on more easily to her foals like her racing trait has.

Screenshot_5.jpg
    We got another visitor from the wild. A wild stallion from the looks of it. He trotted right up to Faith seeking to mate with her most likely. It is still that time of year. However she didn't really take to this wild stud and ignored him. He tried once more to get close to her but got spooked when Scott and Bandit came trotting over. Bandit got mad and reared up. I was too shocked and a bit afraid to take a picture of that moment.

Screenshot_6.jpg
    After the stud left Scott took the riled up stud back to the jumping course. They had cleared it once through but are still struggling with the course. Thankfully Bandit is flying over some of the jumps with ease. Bandit has almost mastered the jumping skill and will more easily pass on this trait. He has almost mastered the racing skill as well.

Screenshot_7.jpg
    Ranger has almost become an adult. Once he does we'll be selling Duke and Shawn will have a new horse to train and care for. Hopefully but his time the twins will be walking and talking. We hope to train the twins on horse back once they become children unlike we did with Shawn and Lily. We were afraid since the horses were still a bit skittish in their new home. Now that they've gotten used to the place we're beginning to open up to that idea. Scott wanted another child but I told him no. We already have four and right now the house is full. Perhaps in the future when Shawn and his younger siblings move out will we have another child. Scott agreed and will forever want more children.

Screenshot_8.jpg
    Look at little Ranger copying his big brother. He'll become a fine show horse yet.

Screenshot_9.jpg
    Screenshot_10.jpg
    Bandit has mastered the jumping skill!! I'm so proud of by boys. They'll be jumping in the international league tonight. I hope they come in a good place.

Screenshot_11.jpg
    They came in third place which wasn't bad. They didn't get any trophy but we don't race or jump for trophies. We do it because it is what we love and the money is how we survive.

Screenshot_12.jpg
    The twins have become little toddlers! Their growing up so fast!

Screenshot_13.jpg
    The twins escaped their bath time and made it outside where Scott watched the horses come up to the small toddlers and go to sniff them. The first time the twins stood up together with the help of the horses. The first horse you see is Ranger all grown and ready for training. He is as gentle as his mother. I wish we could keep Ranger forever. He is a beautiful and gentle horse much like his mother. Perhaps we won't sell him.

Screenshot_14.jpg
    We've sold Duke. He will be greatly missed. He was Shawn's first horse and best friend. He has gone to a wonderful home. Just as we were entering the equestrian center to sell him he closed his eyes and thought of his best memory with us. I'm sure it was a good one.
    That is all for this entry. Until next time friends.
  • Animal_SimmerAnimal_Simmer Posts: 79 Member
    Loving it! More twins! You must be so exhausted.
    @Animal_Simmer I am. I actually am XD Thankfully Lily and Arya got to go to that riding school which slims down the household just enough so I'm not totally exhausted and yelling at my sims for doing stupid things on their own XD
    Haha I know the feeling. I am doing an 100 baby/kitten hybrid challenge. My sims had a boy and then the next babies were quadruplets! They were running around really frantic and they would just cancel out taking care of the baby sometimes for something dumb.
    @Animal_Simmer Oh my gosh. That household must be hectic XD I thought about making this a 100 baby and 50 foals challenge hybrid since my sims keep wanting to have more babies. But even now it's hard to keep everyone happy. I have to keep making Shawn skip school so he could help with the horses and the twins.
    @MoonstoneHorsey Gosh. I hope it doesn't come to that in my 100 baby/kitten household. I try to follow their wishes a lot of the times though. But right after the quadruplets they wanted to have more kids, I was like 'Nope! Wait till they are children.' Lol
    I'm playing my challenge as a 50 Foals/10-Gen legacy. Its a bit easier but I still have to acheive having 50 horses born as well as 10 generations of Sims...its gonna be fun >.< I'm looking forward to the surprises in store for my Sims. I love your story so far Kyla. Eager to read more! The twin horses are beautiful! Are any of them available for use? Also do you know where you got the sire? Um, I believe his name was Bandit. I love his coloring *w* he is stunning.
    @ElijahsBabyGurl9 What twin horses? XD Did you mean the toddlers? As of now I don't have any twin horses yet. But thanks anyway! I think I know what you meant. I will be putting up the horses soon just having a bit of trouble with uploading at the moment. I'll let you know and include the link to my Studio so you can download them ^_^
    @Animal_Simmer I wish you luck with your 100 babies and kittens challenge. May the chaos be swift and the happiness stay up. XD What if you're sims have quadruplets again?
    @MoonstoneHorsey Well, the parents are both Supernaturals. The mom is a Vampire, while the dad is a Fairy. So, 3 out of four of the quadruplets were Hybrids. I couldn't believe it! The other quadruplet that wasn't a hybrid was a vamp.

I don't know, hopefully they won't until I have more space in the house. I have mods that let me have as many children/pets/sims that I want in the house, but it would really be chaotic.
    OHH what I thought were twin horses was actually the mother and her baby. They look very much alike!! My mistake. I look forward to more of your story ^_^
    @Animal_Simmer That;s awesome! I don't have the supernaturals expansion pack so I don't have fairys, zombies or werewolves in my game. I only have vamps but I don't like playing as them that often.
    @ElijahsBabyGurl9 XD its ok. They do look similar. I will be posting soon
    Day 10

Scott was spending the morning with the twins. Shawn was out riding with Ranger. So I decided to have Faith and Bandit mate with each other. I would actually watch and make sure nothing goes wrong unlike the last few times when they just did what came natural. This time it would be less risky and less harmful for the stallion in case the mare lashed out.

Screenshot.jpg
    Faith was a little nervous this time. I think it was because I was around but I just wanted to make sure neither got hurt. Bandit didn't seem to mind.

Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    I made Scott potty train the twins this time since I did it last time. I wasn't about to go down that stinky messy road again! Though I did have to promise to do it next time if we have more kids.

Screenshot_4.jpg
    Shawn started to train Ranger on the baby jumps today. Ranger is doing good and is almost ready to start trying the jumping course we have. Faith is also pregnant again! She seems a little bigger this time around. I think we might be getting a strong foal this time around or perhaps twin foals. It's rare but it can happen.

Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    We started to teach the twins to walk. Their growing up fast. Speaking of growing up, Shawn is almost an adult and ready to move out of the house. I think he might be taking Ranger with him.

Screenshot_7.jpg
    Lily called to check in on us. She is becoming a great horse trainer and champion jumper. She's already taking part in national championships and coming in high places. She's been getting second and third place for a while and slowly inching her way up to first. I put little Jack on the phone to say hello to his big sister but of course he can't speak yet so he made little baby noises. We'll have to teach them to talk soon.

Screenshot_8.jpg
    After the phone call I fed Jack and played with him for a little bit before starting to teach him to talk. He is looking at me with total and complete confusion but he'll learn soon hopefully.

Screenshot_9.jpg
    Screenshot_10.jpg
    Look at dad's little girl. She is going to be so spoiled I can tell. Scott has started to teach her to talk but you can totally tell she's paying attention to him and NOT the booger on her finger.

Screenshot_10.jpg
    I just love how gentle and playful Faith is. She is a wonderful horse and so are all of the foals she's had so far.

Screenshot_13.jpg
    After the kids learned how to talk we put them to bed for their nap time.

Screenshot_14.jpg
    Lily called to check in with her twin brother. She missed home and wanted to make sure everyone was doing ok.

Screenshot_15.jpg
    Turned out the tree was a very rare tree called a money tree. Odd as it sounds we now have a money tree. So I suppose we'll be growing some money now.

Screenshot_16.jpg
    The twins have finally become walking talking children. They've begun to do their chores now and are learning to interact properly with the horses. Once Ranger is trained Shawn offered to help teach them how to ride.

Screenshot_17.jpg
    While Shawn was busy training Ranger Scott went to check on Faith since she was close to birthing her next foal. To our surprise she was already in labor and giving birth to a beautiful chocolate foal. Scott knelt down to help her since it seemed she was having a bit of trouble.

Screenshot_18.jpg
    After a while of whining, pushing, and waiting a beautiful baby filly was born. She was much smaller then we expected but she was a wonderful addition to our family. Faith was out of breath but she hadn't stood back up yet. We thought she was just tired but even after a moment of rest she wouldn't stand. Scott stayed with her to see if there was any change. We were getting ready to call the vet when Scott shouted for me from the birthing stall.

Screenshot_19.jpg
    She was giving birth to another foal! This explained why the first foal was so small. She was having twin foals! We were very worried at the time since twin foal births were very risky for mares. Scott did all he could to help her birth the young filly.

Screenshot_20.jpg
    Thankfully all went well. We got twin fillies. They were both small and probably fragile as well. Faith was exhausted but stood to let her new foals nurse. We named the first foal Tanya and the second Amy.

Screenshot_21.jpg
    We let Bandit in the stall after a while of letting Faith rest. The foals were too ecstatic about standing up just yet. They were still a bit dazed about the change from womb to big open space. Bandit gently sniffed the two foals curiously. Faith moved to get up to protect her foals from the stud but was still quite tired and just watched instead. Thankfully Bandit had gotten much nicer and gentler since being around Faith. We let the family alone to rest and get to know one another.
    edited October 2017
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was busy with school. I promise to post more often! I have also uploaded all of the horses from this current household. Including the foals in their foal age of course. Here is the link to my studio so you guys can download the horses. The link is also in my signature.

Studio
    Post edited by ALittleSim on
    Day 11

Screenshot_22.jpg
    Screenshot_23.jpg
    After a while of letting Bandit visit we lead him back out so Faith could rest properly and nurse her foals. Bandit has temperarily moved out of the Birthing stall so that there is enough room for the foals and Faith.

Screenshot.jpg
    Shawn has started to teach the twins to ride. He started them at a walk and uses ranger to help guide the horses when they start to wander off. The twins have been doing good with the horses and soon should be cantering about the lot with their big brother. Perhaps they'll learn to jump before they hit the teen years. Shawn has almost become an adult, which means he'll be leaving soon.

Screenshot_2.jpg
    The twin foals have been extra playful given their small and fragile size. With the help of bottle feeding and nursing from their mother their sure to fill out and grow up to be strong beautiful jumpers.

Screenshot_3.jpg
    The twin foals have begun to start to race each other across the training jumps. These little girls will make good jumpers yet.

Screenshot_4.jpg
    The human twins have begun to learn to canter. Shawn as let them start to go off and ride on their own but only around the lot. They've gotten much better at riding and will soon started the training jumps.

Screenshot_5.jpg
    Tanya and Amy are now prancing about the farm like they own the place now. They are so spoiled, getting fed carrots all the time and running around the farm.

Screenshot_6.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    The twins have already began to ride the jumping course. They've gotten quite good but are too young to enter competitions. I'm so proud of them and can't wait for them to grow up and start their own horse riding stories.

Screenshot_8.jpg
    Shawn as grown into a fine young adult. He even got a job as a riding instructor. He decided to take Ranger with him. I'm proud of both of them and I hope they become the best team they could be.

To be continued....
  • bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    @MoonstoneHorsey great story so far, i really enjoyed the updates, i even went back and read from the start again.
    The family is really coming up beautifully and it's great how the new set of twins are also interested in horses. Awesome about Lily and Shawn,
    Love the new updates :) Cannot wait for the new one :)
    I am not surprised you've had 2 sets of twins, my sim was the same always triplets or twins, drove me nuts at one stage.
    I also sent you a friends request :)
    Look forward to the next update.
    The foals are gorgeous. Can't wait to see them grow up and gain achievements too :)
    @bebasim Thanks! I'm sad though. Scott and Kyra are almost elderly as well as Faith and Bandit. I'm gonna be sad when they go but I can't wait to see what the other foals will look like. I hope I can get so really amazing foals out of Faith before she gets too old to have babies. Though I will keep her around as the wise and gentle grandmother. :)
  • bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    Oh MoonstoneHorsey i know that feeling, my main sim is old now too and 3 pets have died and one sim now, so i'm dreading they day my main sims dies, don't be upset if you leave the game for a bit, i had to. It was too upsetting for me.
    I do hope you get a few more beautiful babies out of faith. I bet she will be the best grandmother around too ;)
    @Bebasim I was debating lengthening their lives or perhaps turning off aging for a little while XD but I think that's technically cheating? But yeah I'm gonna miss my little Faith.