Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Username Regret?

joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
I regret mine, but it's not plum awful. 800 years ago when I first signed on I got frustrated at my fave username being taken, so this resulted.

So, post here if you regret your username and why.
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited September 2017
    You can change it still if you wish.

Just post on @EA_Lanna 's wall but keep in mind it is only done once.

I still cringe at my old DeviantArt username from when I was 15. I'd rather not post it cos it's super long & is pure gross.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I only regret it because I didn't know that my actual handle on many other sites, Trip, isn't taken at all. :disappointed:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I regret it because it was a last minute idea that wasn't thoughtful in the slightest. I literally used my name, the game, and a few numbers to come out with the mess that it is. I guess I didn't see myself getting addicted to these forums lol.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    On Big Fish Games (the original site I was Mintycupcake) I actually mistyped it and was "cuppcake". I didn't even notice for the longest time. But when I did, I was mortified, thinking people would think I was referencing a certain video, as it had just gone viral. Fortunately, I wasn't the only one who hadn't noticed. They've since scrapped their chat forum anyway.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    I regret mine, mainly as someone I know has discovered it, and they generally hate me and use this against me.

Otherwise I like mine,
    L9q8VGi.png
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    You can change it still if you wish.

Just post on @EA_Lanna 's wall but keep in mind it is only done once.

I still cringe at my old DeviantArt username from when I was 15. I'd rather not post it cos it's super long & is pure gross.

Thank you!! Now I have to think of something...
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2017
    I used to use foxisaurus as a screen name when I was a teen. I switched it to simasaurus for the old forums which carried over here. It's a stupid name but people know me by it so I'm torn on requesting a change.

I'm kind of annoyed my niece stole it and she goes by foxasaurus... the stupid name lives on. lol
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Naw, been my username since I was a wee lass. It's just followed me into my 30s now,
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I regret mine. Not as much as I did for a while. But still somewhat.

I was like 17 and like in a really good place in life always with grand dreams for something. So that became my username.

Then when depression hit hard I really despised the username. Like I ain't no dreamer why the heck did I make such a happy username what is my problem. Haha.

Now I just don't care much for it but I don't hate it. I'm always tempted to change it but it's also who I've been here for 8 years even through the stage of hating it with a firey passion. It's how people know me here. But it's also been 8 years and sometimes feels like a change is due.

But yeah I did really regret it for a long time. Maybe regret is a bit strong now but I'm still not fond of it.
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I mistyped and now I'm called nani instead of Nani
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2018
    [deleted]
    Post edited by Simpkin on
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    I regret mine, mainly as someone I know has discovered it, and they generally hate me and use this against me.

Otherwise I like mine,

I may have asked this before but is this a reference to russian or is it meant to be in russian or...?

Unintentional, Russia is not my motherland, though I lived semi close to it earlier in my life
    L9q8VGi.png
  • KayosCatalystKayosCatalyst Posts: 313 Member
    I kinda wish I'd stuck with my handle in other places, Kayotic.Painkiller , or the simplified Kayoticly or KayosKing. Something about KayosCatalyst makes me cringe.