Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Family Black: A Vampiric Sims Story (Updated, Announcement, 3/22/18)

What happens when family life meets the supernatural. Can ideas like love and normalcy really exist when you are a creature of the night? Join vampire Rosea Black as she seeks to find out and gets caught between the life she wants and the vampire society she was born into. Life isn’t always all sunshine and rainbows, but it isn’t always shrouded in darkness either. Welcome to a tale of the light, the dark, and the Family Black.

"Things just got real! This story is like a cross between Snow White and Buffy the Vampire Slayer."- Rendora

Welcome to the home of The Family Black

Don't worry they don't bite. Oh wait... :P

As can likely be assumed this is the thread for my story. It is planned to focus at least initially around a vampire by the name of Rosea Black and potentially down the line her family lineage (honestly I haven't really though that far ahead I have enough ideas just with her for the moment. If you like vampires welcome, if you like a slightly odd sense of humor mainly involving snark welcome, if you like mildy sappy romance (or very sappy as friends have told me :P ) then welcome. You'll also find at least a mild dose of world building and lore and a side helping of some darker subject matter. I do try to lean away from being too morose and I'm leaning towards a lighter tone than a lot of vampire fiction but I am dealing with the blood drinking undead so you'll have to cut me a little slack in that department vampires aren't always the friendliest bunch and there will be a fair share of dark and mature moments that occur in the story (mature as in tone and events not as in nudity or swearing).

Also a heads up for vampire purists, I have very little knowledge of vampires beyond the core idea so I am going to make up some details about things like culture, attitudes, and the like as I go. I will try to stick to the general idea but at the same time it's more fun for me to have the freedom to do my own thing with them in the long run so please don't string me up if some decision I make contradicts classical depictions.

Aside from all that I hope you enjoy the characters and the story and if you have any thoughts or comments I'm always happy to hear them.

So again welcome to the home of The Family Black.

If you would like to read the story on my blog the link is right here or you can get there through my banner. Otherwise chapter linking and other tidbits can be found below.

Content Warning
Like I mentioned in my intro, this is a vampire story and while I am blending it with family drama it will have some content that may not be considered by some to be safe for children and which some may not care for. I would personally term it as PG-13 level but as opinions can vary I figured I would offer a warning none the less. This will include: violence, mature themes, and suggestive content. There will NOT be nudity or heavy swearing. There may on occasion be light swearing using minor curse words but nothing that should be overly problematic for those already accepting of the previously mentioned content. Primarily these would be words like H E double hockey sticks and the worse alternative of darn. (sorry I can't be clearer but otherwise you might think I was talking about a particular purple fruit :tongue: )

Chapters
1: A Sunlit Moment
2: A Sole Chance
3: Moonlit Matrimony
4: A Queen's Rage
5: Looming Shadows
6: White Lie
7: 'Til Death Do Us Part
8: The Fall Into Darkness
9: After the End
10: Fifth Times the Charm
11: Family Bonding
12: Did You Enjoy Your Date?
13: Questions and Answers
14: Eye of the Endless Storm
15: Big Brother and Little Sister
16: On the Hunt
17: Hunger and Lies
18: Stubborn Love
19: A Step Closer
20: Even Though
21: Baking with a Pinch of Advice
22: Jokes Won't Help
23: Chapter 23: The Only Way

Specials
Special Side Stories based on the world and characters of The Family Black
Vampires Have Nightmares Too
Halloween 2017 (Spoiler Warning through chapter 19)

Other Stories
With Fire: “Con Fuoco means with fire. In music it refers to playing something with energy and vigor. A fitting description for a band like us. A bunch of people gathered together as they pursue their dreams with passion and determination. With fire you might say.”

– Maleena Fuoco, Lead Singer of rock band Playing Con Fuoco

Character Bios
Character bios can be found on my blog here though fair warning they currently list and will continue to be updated with characters that are introduced as the story progresses and while I strive to avoid spoilers in the bios and I have headings mentioning in what chapter the characters are introduced this is fair warning that some spoilers may occur as a side effect.

General Release Schedule
My basic release schedule is three chapters a week. The actual release schedule may vary and there may be more than three depending on what kind of pace I keep up with but the core goal is at least three chapters a week.

*NEW* Behind the Blacks

Behind the Blacks is a weekly segment where I will post an update talking about behind the scenes details and the writing process of the story or answer some reader questions if I have some submitted. This will likely involve me rambling a bit and will involve spoilers though I will list the chapters that are addressed in the post in the title so that those who wish to read them as they progress through the story can do so.

If you would like to submit a question or topic request for Behind the Black you can either message me here on the forums or email me at thefamilyblacksimsstory@gmail.com

Behind the Blacks #1- 10/1/17 (Spoilers through Chapter 3)
Behind the Blacks #2 - 10/6/17 (spoilers through Chapter 8)
Behind the Blacks #3 - 10/14/17 (Spoilers through Chapter 12)
Behind the Blacks #4 - 10/20/17 (Spoilers through Chapter 15 and Special Chapter: Vampires Have Nightmares Too)
Behind the Blacks #5 - 10/29/17 (Spoilers through Chapter 18)
Behind the Blacks #6 - 11/6/17
Behind the Blacks #7 - 11/18/17

And again if anyone has any thoughts, comments or feedback on the story characters or the blog itself feel free to mention. I'm nowhere near being a master at any of this and I'm not going to pretend to be one so feedback is always welcome.
Post edited by StoriedStorm on

Comments