Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Work related limbo

So one of my Sims is stuck in a work related limbo where he's forced to work back-to-back without any consideration for days off, special holidays (such as Leisure Day) and time until the next work day.

As soon as he finishes work it says he's "late for work" and is forced to work until 830 AM from whenever he finished working.
It negatively impacts the performance meter so I'm not sure what to do.

I think @igazor can help because I'm using NRaaS so there has to some sort of debug option in Overwatch/Master Controller to fix this problem.
"Hosting indoor firework shows since '00"
Currently trying to pick up The Sims 3 again :)

You can find me lurking around The Sims 3 board, feel free to say hi!

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Try a MasterController reset on the sim.

If this is one of those careers with shifts that span midnight, this is a known and often reported game bug. When the shift that began on the prior calendar day is over, the game can get confused as to which work day it is and borks the career progress when the sim should really be off. MC can also be used to skip over the career levels that have overnight shifts if necessary -- this might make sense for the Medical career as there is (I think) only one such level but not as much for the Criminal career where many of the shifts are supposed to cross midnight. Wouldn't be sure what to do if this bug strikes a Level 10 Military sim as they only work one day a week, for an 18 hour shift again if I recall correctly. There may be others.

I've never seen the bug myself, but certainly many other players have.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • UnseenHorizonUnseenHorizon Posts: 212 Member
    Yeah doing a MC reset didn't solve the problem, the career is International Super Spy (Law Enforcement 10) so I may be screwed unless I see if one of the older save files without the problem exists in my Saver save rotation.

Thank you for your time though.

• UnseenHorizonUnseenHorizon Posts: 212 Member
    Update: after reloading an older save file the bug was still present but the context menu for taking unpaid time off wasn't grayed out this time so I used that and he starts work again in about a week. Woo.

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited September 2017
    @igazor I have the same thing going on I am at the top of the medical field. I might just keep going till he gets to elder than retire. He not going to get any more money than 538 for his job. But I don't have to go to work on the days off. Even taking time off don't work. I am going to try a vacation go somewhere. See if that fix it. Didn't work. I am going to quit then do the assign backup plan, Nope that didn't work. Since I have so much money I am just not going to worry about it. Allow him more family time.
    Post edited by james64468 on