Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guitarz's Showcase

GuitarzGuitarz Posts: 171 Member
I used to play Sims 3 a lot, but recently finally gave in and bought Sims 4. I've built a few houses and rooms, and decided to put them all into one place. I'm still learning a lot, and hope to improve with each build! :) So, here's a build I just finished today.

Link to lot in gallery: A Modern Family Home

[img][/img]oJBVr1V.png
[img][/img]Y7ay66N.png
[img][/img]JgOrUtE.png

More Pictures

Origin ID: Guitarsgobang

Comments

• Options
    mouselelemouselele Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm in love with the patio/pool area! Great job!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is great that you have started a showcase thread for your builds :)
    The exterior design and layout of A Modern Family Home looks very nice! :) The cranes sculpture on the roofing looks great there! Very nice light filled art studio! Sims will enjoy painting there with sunshine coming in through the windows. The art themed decor looks great there. The trellis covered outdoors dining, bar and pool patio looks very nice! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, or eating food at the table in the outdoors air. They will enjoy having a drink from the bar and sitting on the stools chatting. The cherry blossom tree is very pretty! The large curved sculpture looks great there! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan living, dining and kitchen areas looks very nice! Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sofa watching tv. The colour schemes of the bedrooms look very nice! It is great that there is an indoors fitness room for sims to enjoy playing basketball and using the gym equipment to keep fit.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    This is a lovely home. I agree about your patio area. Quite stunning it is!
  • Options
    reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    I quite like the patio area as well, especially how you did the trellis breaking off from just the simple rectangle. Love how you mixed the wood textures in too, the darker wood really makes the build pop.

Lighting seems a bit wonky tho, is there a wall missing somewhere?

A personal suggestion would be to invest a bit more time into landscaping. It’s something I’m terrible at as well, but every ounce of work you put in it directly affects the first impression of people who see your build on the gallery. Brings the whole build together and less empty or unfinished.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase