Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October Patch Speculation 2017 (Patch is out Update To The Holiday Pack)

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    We have enough halloween stuff, in my opinion. There's other things we need.

If you have Spooky Stuff but people that don't own that pack have hardly any Halloween Stuff save for last year's day of the dead stuff and vampires go if they have that.

Well that's what I'm saying. There's lots of spooky things already in the game. And yes, you do need to buy some of them. But considering they've been made, we don't really need more. There are other things that will fit a patch that we need much more. Burglars is my favorite request right now.

There's quite a high chance of Day Of The Dead running again but you can also do it through debug anyway right now.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    I believe that the new roofs will be patched in for all. I might just redesign my entire main house when we get them.

I just hope that's not the only thing we get. Cus y'know... free stuff...

If the new roofs are patched in, we wouldn't have seen them yet because they can't announce free content before the quarter it's coming out in.

Yes, this is what I still believe as well.

If they are the patched content, however, I guess that says a lot too.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm hoping that, because we saw those mechanical skins for cats 'n dogs, that we'll get some sort of Robot Challenge, like we did with the Plantsims.
    And I can never get enough Hallow e'en stuff!

I'm thinking cyborg-sims one day in the distans future and I would like to have them as a lifestate. We will see what happens :)

I agree with wanting more Halloween-stuff. Cobwebs, costumes all of it. This time I would really like pumpkins that you can grow and harvest, and maybe pumpkin-pie and -soup.

Challenges don't really suit my play style so I don't participate but everything in this game isn't made for me so it is fine.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2017
    Burrrrrrglaaarrrs

Burglars because they're spookY
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I reckon we will get some minor bug fixes and a rehash of last year's challenge i.e. new seasonal collectables which would be nice enough, but
    I do also hope for some autumn inspired decor
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Burrrrrrglaaarrrs

Burglars because they're spookY

They can put burglars in with pumpkin heads on for all I care; I just want my burglars back!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    I believe that the new roofs will be patched in for all. I might just redesign my entire main house when we get them.

I just hope that's not the only thing we get. Cus y'know... free stuff...

If the new roofs are patched in, we wouldn't have seen them yet because they can't announce free content before the quarter it's coming out in.

There are probably exceptions to that. I can’t imagine they would restrict these new roof shapes to that EP. In the pic Houts shared on twitter none of them had the Pets icon on them which makes me think they will end up in the base game through a patch.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Burglars are a possibility. It's October, burglars are kinda scary and they could fit with the upcoming expansion pack, as dogs could possibly scare them away.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Burglars are a possibility. It's October, burglars are kinda scary and they could fit with the upcoming expansion pack, as dogs could possibly scare them away.

I heard they weren't going to do burglars because it's a trigger to some people who've actually been robbed... I don't know how truthful that is but if it is there are a lot more "triggers" in the game already lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I'm hoping that, because we saw those mechanical skins for cats 'n dogs, that we'll get some sort of Robot Challenge, like we did with the Plantsims.
    And I can never get enough Hallow e'en stuff!

I'm thinking cyborg-sims one day in the distans future and I would like to have them as a lifestate. We will see what happens :)

I agree with wanting more Halloween-stuff. Cobwebs, costumes all of it. This time I would really like pumpkins that you can grow and harvest, and maybe pumpkin-pie and -soup.

Challenges don't really suit my play style so I don't participate but everything in this game isn't made for me so it is fine.

Cyborg Sims may be a possibility, albeit a small one. A post-apocolyptic pack was mentioned in a survey. However, it may cater more towards The Walking Dead and Fallout fans since in a recent interview where two Gurus were asked about upcoming content, they said the team were fans of those two franchises.

Unless Fallout has some version of Cyborgs I'm not aware of.
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    The homosexual couple from the Cats & Dogs trailer makes me think they might patch in an attraction system similar to the one in TS3. I liked that Sims in TS3 would have set gender preferences - it made game play more interesting. Does anybody else think this might be it?
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The homosexual couple from the Cats & Dogs trailer makes me think they might patch in an attraction system similar to the one in TS3. I liked that Sims in TS3 would have set gender preferences - it made game play more interesting. Does anybody else think this might be it?

No I doubt it but I may be wrong. I doubt though we'll get anything new that is romanced themed in the October Update.
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > sundaysimmer wrote: »
    >
    > The homosexual couple from the Cats & Dogs trailer makes me think they might patch in an attraction system similar to the one in TS3. I liked that Sims in TS3 would have set gender preferences - it made game play more interesting. Does anybody else think this might be it?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No I doubt it but I may be wrong. I doubt though we'll get anything new that is romanced themed in the October Update.

It's a bit farfetched, that's for sure! And I agree that romance-related content isn't really a typical choice for an October patch. Hopefully, we'll know soon enough!
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

I heard they weren't going to do burglars because it's a trigger to some people who've actually been robbed... I don't know how truthful that is but if it is there are a lot more "triggers" in the game already lol

I honestly don't know how true that is. Our house has been broken into twice already (once while we were away on vacation, and once while it was 3 AM) and the burglars in the game are so cartoonish that they aren't scary at all (apart from the really loud stinger that scared me as a kid). Someone also mentioned this, and I don't think the burglars in the game are really "triggering" to anyone.

Someone along the line probably made that up for their own reasons.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm hoping we get something a little festive. I would seriously love to see a fall weather patch (A dream I suppose) and some trick or treating would be nice. I don't think they will be adding an attraction system around this time of year and even if they do I hope they tone it WAY down and not make it as aggressive as TS3 was.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Weren't we told that it would be something major and exciting? Or was that just me, imagining things? I could see it being burglars, because that would fit in with C&D (there's no point in owning a fierce watchdog if no-one is going to break into your home).

But my personal wish/dream/fantasy is for us to be able to use the new color wheel to recolor our sims' hair. That would definitely be a major development for me.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    cars ?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    no I think it could be anything maybe even fear @LeGardePourpre
  • Options
    cars ?

That would also be quite big. Or maybe some kind of story development?

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    What I learn these 3 years is it's totally useless to guess or expect content.

Now I let Maxis surprise me.
  • Options
    What I learn these 3 years is it's totally useless to guess or expect content.

Now I let Maxis surprise me.

You are quite right, of course - but it's so hard not to speculate.

• Options
    speculating is fun
  • Options
    Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member
    [quote="sundaysimmer;c-16066683"]The homosexual couple from the Cats & Dogs trailer makes me think they might patch in an attraction system similar to the one in TS3. I liked that Sims in TS3 would have set gender preferences - it made game play more interesting. Does anybody else think this might be it?[/quote]

Oh God I hope so...